Forums

Topic: Nintendo down but not out

Posts 121 to 127 of 127

DefHalan

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Volt-Kid wrote:

If it weren't for Nintendo, the video game industry would not have been where they are today. It inspired many.

Just because they were good for the industry in the past doesn't mean we still need them now. Wells to water pumps to faucets were good improvements but just because wells started it out and were cool and played an integral part doesn't mean we all still need to hoist our water from wells >:[

I am sorry but no... just no

Nintendo is needed in the industry now more than ever

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Snagrio

I can't help but feel that Sony and MS are making a big gamble with the super-powered machines they're coming out with. Now I'm not saying they will automatically fail (coughSCARcough), but considering how the climate has changed, they've also got their work cut out for them. Unless MS and Sony are fine with selling at a sizable loss, there is no way that either console will be very close to Wii U's price range, so Nintendo (like last gen) will have that advantage at least for now. Hopefully they'll capitalize on that fact and drop Wii U's price a little (like $50 or so) when the competitors have their costs revealed, not to mention the triple A titles will start rolling in for the system at that time as well.

A lot of people seem to be saying that Nintendo is the one that is in the most danger, and while it is true that they will need to step up their game, the other two aren't exactly 100% safe either, at least as far as we can see at the moment.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shingi_70

WingedFish wrote:

I can't help but feel that Sony and MS are making a big gamble with the super-powered machines they're coming out with. Now I'm not saying they will automatically fail (coughSCARcough), but considering how the climate has changed, they've also got their work cut out for them. Unless MS and Sony are fine with selling at a sizable loss, there is no way that either console will be very close to Wii U's price range, so Nintendo (like last gen) will have that advantage at least for now. Hopefully they'll capitalize on that fact and drop Wii U's price a little (like $50 or so) when the competitors have their costs revealed, not to mention the triple A titles will start rolling in for the system at that time as well.

A lot of people seem to be saying that Nintendo is the one that is in the most danger, and while it is true that they will need to step up their game, the other two aren't exactly 100% safe either, at least as far as we can see at the moment.

Big rumor is that the PS4/720 will be around $400-$450.

Its also heavily rumored that Microsoft is going to offer the 720 on a subsidy through various means. (through Microsoft, Retailers, and Cable companies/ISPs) that could be a big boon if done right.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

Sony_70 wrote:

8 GB of RAM says "no"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

LzQuacker wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

8 GB of RAM says "no"

I am guessing they will be closer to $500 with Sony and Microsoft taking big loses which means they won't be able to do any price drops soon

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@WingedFish
I don't think they will automatically fail. That's the biggest assumption I've heard about me on this site to date.
I just don't get the argument against Nintendo, and thoughts about how they will be the worst video game company around JUST because they will have the weakest hardware. The Gamepad can reach a bigger audience once again like the did last gen with motion controls.
Overall, each company has their work cut out for them, but Nintendo isn't even do as bad as Sony funds wise compared to how they used be during PS2 days. Sorry to bring Sony into this, but since they are in the video game business, they are just as much credited with being down as well, especially since they would be considered MORE down than any of the 3. Xbox can do whatever, and I think they will be the best for me, but that doesn't mean I hate Sony. My A/V receiver and other products from Sony cost more than a PS3 and then some, so Sony is still getting my money. Don't worry.
We'll just have to see.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MAB

I like how Microsoft fanheads think the Xbox 420 will trounce the competition based on the rumours alone

MAB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.