Forums

Topic: Nintendo exclusive Sonic Boom for Wii U and 3DS

Posts 181 to 200 of 317

Yoshi_Prime

skywake wrote:

From memory there was one on the DS that was pretty decent. Few and far between though, at this point as soon as it looks like it'll be 3D I assume it's going to be horrible.

Would that be Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood?

Yoshi_Prime

AceDefective

Glad to see the 3DS version still looks pretty okay!
Shame about the Wii U version, as the model quality, voice acting, and writing is pretty good. It's just that it runs like crap and probably doesn't control very well that hold it back.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

skywake

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

skywake wrote:

From memory there was one on the DS that was pretty decent. Few and far between though, at this point as soon as it looks like it'll be 3D I assume it's going to be horrible.

I looked it up, I was thinking of Sonic Rush and apparently there was a direct sequel to it which was also pretty good. One of my friends grabbed it and other than the fact that you could "lose" Sonic between the screens he thought it was pretty damn good. Last time I've heard someone rave about a Sonic game in person. I didn't end up getting it because by the time I got a DS there were so many other games to get for it.

Sonic Chronicles from memory was apparently decent but it wasn't really a "Sonic" game either. I never got it because by that stage there were even more games on the DS I wanted to play.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

AceDefective

skywake wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

skywake wrote:

I looked it up, I was thinking of Sonic Rush and apparently there was a direct sequel to it which was also pretty good. One of my friends grabbed it and other than the fact that you could "lose" Sonic between the screens he thought it was pretty damn good. Last time I've heard someone rave about a Sonic game in person. I didn't end up getting it because by the time I got a DS there were so many other games to get for it.

Sonic Chronicles from memory was apparently decent but it wasn't really a "Sonic" game either. I never got it because by that stage there were even more games on the DS I wanted to play.

Sonic Chronicles was horribly unpolished, with terrible music, poor presentation and annoying game mechanics. Its one of the few Sonic games in recent memory that's actually a bad game.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Dezzy

Pigeon wrote:

What people have to understand is what the target audience is for Sonic games.

Reviewers will compare Sonic games to the best games on the market. The target audience (kids) will always rate a game on enjoyment factor alone.

Most Sonic games in recent years haven't been particularly good, as far as quality is concerned. But this isn't the same as saying you can't get any enjoyment out of such titles.

Bubsy 3D on the PSone for instance, sucks more balls than a pachinko machine, and yet back in the day I managed to play the game in a way in which I genuinely enjoyed it. This is why Sonic games still sell. People genuinely enjoy the mediocre or inconsistent experience.

What kind of madness is this? It's ok because they've found an audience that doesn't care if it's good?

Well that same audience would, I assume, not mind if it actually was good either then. And like Mario, it would then also appeal to the people who actually care about quality! Which might mean they'd start selling well again.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

SparkOfSpirit

Pahvi wrote:

I thought Sonic Advance games were at least mediocre if not good?

The first Sonic Advance in particular is great.

I've enjoyed Colors, Generations, and Lost World, so I'm sad to see this game is a flop. Hopefully Sonic Team will make it up with their next game.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Bolt_Strike

LOL, this is just perfect:

Untitled

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000

I don't think the Wii U version is gonna be that good, but people saying nearly any game should be compared to Sonic 06 is just pathetic hyperbole. Stop it.

This game could be exclusively the Werehog segments of Sonic Unleashed and it would still be 10X better than 06. At worst.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

faint

ign has stated that sega didn't even bother sending out review copys and that's why so few reviews are up. it sounds bad to me.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

unrandomsam

John Carmack: "a Sonic game that isn't locked at 60 fps is a crime against nature."

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

CaviarMeths

unrandomsam wrote:

John Carmack: "a Sonic game that isn't locked at 60 fps is a crime against nature."

You shouldn't post your real name in an online forum like that.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MsJubilee

Big red button, should'ave used their button to abort this terrible game.Cause wow by just watching cobanermani playing this this game is crap.Not worse than sonic '06 though.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Drawdler

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't think the Wii U version is gonna be that good, but people saying nearly any game should be compared to Sonic 06 is just pathetic hyperbole. Stop it.

This game could be exclusively the Werehog segments of Sonic Unleashed and it would still be 10X better than 06. At worst.

I agree about this game, but do you really think that Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly shouldn't be compared to 06? The story and game design aren't as ridiculous, but its loading screens are also painfully long, it's also incredibly glitchy and that combined with the lag just makes it unpleasant to play... It's no wonder that ETD remains a black sheep and tarnished the Spyro series (which never had a long-lasting recovery, even with a couple of decent games), similarly to '06... If you're talking about how large their impact was though, then yeah, I can't think of anything actually apt to compare with '06.

Either way, I think the reviews for this game are gonna be a wiot... There are already some phony user reviews on Metacritic.

P.S. http://www.twitch.tv/darkspinessonic/mobile is streaming it

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

SparkOfSpirit

It's Jak & Daxter. Not Jak & Dexter.

I think I'm more interested in the 3DS game.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

BearHunger

This game is sooooo going to be red on Metacritic once the reviews come in.
The fact that the reviews aren't already in is proof of that, as has been said.
The 3DS game may be in the yellow though.

I'm still looking forward to playing the Wii U game, but maybe I should wait for the price to drop. I don't know though… this is pretty much the only Wii U game I've been "waiting to play" this year. I'll see how I feel when December rolls along.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

CapeSmash

How come SEGA didn't send out review copies? Lol, just proves that they aren't confident with their product.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.