Forums

Topic: Nintendo exclusive Sonic Boom for Wii U and 3DS

Posts 161 to 180 of 317

AceDefective

Storytime7 wrote:

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

Tomorrow starts the choas better known as the Sonic community throwing a hissy fit.

You mean like every other fanbase on the internet?

Can you name another fanbase that's just as split and over dramatic as Sonic's? (The poor hedgehog and franchise can't seem to catch a break from anyone)

Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc. Sonic most certainly isn't the only franchise with a fanbase that can't agree with one another.

Sonic's seem to be the most vocal though. But I admit not everyone in the fanbase is completely nuts.
Back on topic,
I'll have to wait until Somecallmejohnny reviews the games to decide if Boom is really worth my time.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

How are there no reviews for Rise of Lyric yet when it releases in a few hours?

This is gonna get ugly...

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Storytime7

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

Sonic's seem to be the most vocal though. But I admit not everyone in the fanbase is completely nuts.

I think it's just a matter of a vocal minority making the entire fanbase seem that way.

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

Back on topic,
I'll have to wait until Somecallmejohnny reviews the games to decide if Boom is really worth my time.

Looks like we have similar plans. I trust Johnny's opinion on Sonic games more than other reviewers.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Mikes

Aw man. I'm getting worried. I'll eagerly await some reviews. It would suck if the games weren't as good as most were hoping for. Although I can't buy either of 'em on release, I still looked forward to getting them soon.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Bolt_Strike

SpookyMeths wrote:

How are there no reviews for Rise of Lyric yet when it releases in a few hours?

This is gonna get ugly...

SEGA withheld the review copies as a way of damage control.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

StaticWind wrote:

Aw man. I'm getting worried. I'll eagerly await some reviews. It would suck if the games weren't as good as most were hoping for. Although I can't buy either of 'em on release, I still looked forward to getting them soon.

I don't think a review is really necessary for you to know what the deal is with this game.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MsJubilee

Wait i just read somewhere both games come out tomorrow? Someone tell me it isn't true.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

larry_koopa

I love how people who complain about the same Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty games being released year after year go out and buy the same unpolished Sonic game every year. Yes, all the Creed and CoD games are similar, but they're also good. The only thing that all the Sonic games have in common is that they all suck.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

skywake

Diddy_kong wrote:

I love how people who complain about the same Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty games being released year after year go out and buy the same unpolished Sonic game every year. Yes, all the Creed and CoD games are similar, but they're also good. The only thing that all the Sonic games have in common is that they all suck.

"the" people or "some" people. Because I don't think that most people who will make a point about the yearly release cycle of some games not being fantastic will also grab every Sonic game. For example I'm not into CoD at all and I'm kinda burned out on Assassin's Creed this year. However I also rarely buy games that haven't been reviewed well unless I know it's my sort of thing or I see it at a decent price. There are just too many games to play for me to put time into a game that probably isn't going to do anything that interesting.

CaviarMeths

What's strange is that Sonic can go a full 10 years without releasing any good games and still have a dedicated following.

Sonic 2006 sold like 2 million copies, guys. Mega Man has never had a game sell that well ever.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

SpookyMeths wrote:

What's strange is that Sonic can go a full 10 years without releasing any good games and still have a dedicated following.

Sonic 2006 sold like 2 million copies, guys. Mega Man has never had a game sell that well ever.

It's much less than 10 years, Generations was a near perfect game (length being the only negative). Are you thinking Generations was bad or that there was no good games between Adventure 2 and Generations?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

@SpookyMeths I know right. Its really weird that reviewers have forgotten to review the game maybe because they know that the games aren't worth it?
Its incredible to see Sonic perform even better than Mega Man even with his worst game. Its like god, how are fans like the Sonic fanbase even exist? Sonic Boom is gonna be bad and fans will defend that. Sonic games will sell well and fans will offend that. Like make up your mind fans!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

skywake

SpookyMeths wrote:

Which is more than Bayonetta moved..... "quality sells"

Edited on by skywake

skywake

From memory there was one on the DS that was pretty decent. Few and far between though, at this point as soon as it looks like it'll be 3D I assume it's going to be horrible.

Socar

@skywake boy you sure take things negative even for some franchises that had great games on the run.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CapeSmash

Untitled

Amazing game 10/10 I'm buying this over Smash.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

skywake

Artwark wrote:

@skywake boy you sure take things negative even for some franchises that had great games on the run.

Which post are you referring to? If you're talking about what I said in regards to 3D Sonic games then the pessimism is warranted I think. For the bit I said before about CoD and Assassin's Creed in response to another post? Well the new CoD looks very good indeed but it's just not my sort of thing. Assassin's Creed is the reverse this year where it is my sort of thing but Ubisoft is trying their best to make me, as a PC/Nintendo gamer, really hesitate. Something which is easy given I was already getting a bit tired of the series.

I'm all for being positive about franchises when they are my sort of thing and they're being treated well. I just don't see why I should be going out of my way to praise something that doesn't. Particularly when it's an objectively bad game from a franchise which has been a magnet for that sort of thing like Sonic is.

ZurrrrBlattTron

After watching cobi play the game, I just noticed at how hideous the game... Sad cause it was so hyped up but the 3DS version looks pretty decent at least just a shame the Wii U version has to look so horrid

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.