Showing 661 to 680 of 1,506

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

661. Posted:

Exile20 wrote:

cornishlee wrote:

erv wrote:

Lol at everybody not caring to explain :P

In short, you cannot get any feel for selecting a quest, preparing, farming, mining, material selection, combinations and item usages from this demo. You can only train with some weapons.

They seem incredibly dull on the surface, but there's some HUGE finesse to them. The slow movement, the item use that takes a while, the sharpening - everything is so precisely balanced that you cannot possibly see its depth within a short demo timespan. The game mechanic is very well thought out, where dumb blunt smash and hit play becomes perfectly timed tactical battle over time.

40+ hours will get you out of noob status, not at a finished game state. 400+ hours will get you expertise in about 4 weapons, generally. There's nothing much like it out there really...

Thanks for the detailed response.

I agree with what the other guy said but as a noob it comes down to online multiplayer, that is where the fun is. I have seen people put in 500+ hours in the game, it is really that good. My first MonHun was Tri and I fell in love immediatley, it was not hardcore at all, the multiplayer is what did it for me. The community is great and working together, communicating is so rewarding. Now that the wii U version will have voice chat, it is going to make it so much better.

What makes MonHun so good is that you are invested in your character and fighting newer, bigger and more badass monsters. The demo is like 10% of what the game is. It is hard to reccommend it because the demo doesn't sell the game and there is no story really, just fighting boss after boss after boss with people, refining your skill and character. Each monster does need you to use different tactics.

The real hardcore of the game is single player. That part is crazy.

More like 2%, lol

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

andreoni79

662. Posted:

Does anybody know if the game tell us what we need to upgrade things (like "carve this item from this monster") or do we have to play with a wiki next to us?

Edited on by andreoni79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0122-8322

AuthorMessage

Aviator

663. Posted:

It tells you.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

664. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

It tells you.

It does but you really have to look for it! I remember on tri that I didn't know how to do that till like 100+ hours into the game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

VesperPrism

665. Posted:

Can somebody with MH3:Ultimate on the Wii U play online with people who have the 3DS version? I know you can if the respective 3DS players are in the same room.

VesperPrism

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

666. Posted:

You can't online just local. When the 3ds is connected through the wii u it alone can only been ran. The peopson on the 3ds needs their own wii u to do that!

Well the first part of your question would be yes if they have a wii u which makes it kinda pointless tbh.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

VesperPrism

667. Posted:

My question was can I play MH3: Ultimate using my Wii U in my house with my friend who has MH3: Ultimate for the 3DS in his house?

VesperPrism

AuthorMessage

MERG

668. Posted:

VesperPrism wrote:

My question was can I play MH3: Ultimate using my Wii U in my house with my friend who has MH3: Ultimate for the 3DS in his house?

Short answer...no.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

669. Posted:

VesperPrism wrote:

No Wii U and 3DS only offer local play. Now your friend can bring his 3DS and copy of MH3 over to your house and both of you can play together that way.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

BenAV

670. Posted:

Unless your friend also owns a Wii U, but I assume that's not the case or he'd probably just buy the Wii U version.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

671. Posted:

I can't wait to venture online with you guys. To think, the Lagombi will be momentarily difficult to hunt due to weak weaponry and armor!

So excited.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

cyrex

672. Posted:

never played this game before, and i tried the demo but i honestly don't think i had a clue of what i was doing.

Do you guys think i should be getting this game? is it fun and non repetitive game? Please dont flame me, im just interested in the game

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
3ds fc 3153-4070-9682

AuthorMessage

VesperPrism

673. Posted:

@cyrex I haven't played the game neither but the Online multiplayer has given me a reason to purchase it. I would probably have got bored quite quick if I were to hunt on my own. Being able to play with others will give me plenty of hours of fun.

VesperPrism

AuthorMessage

cyrex

674. Posted:

VesperPrism wrote:

@cyrex I haven't played the game neither but the Online multiplayer has given me a reason to purchase it. I would probably have got bored quite quick if I were to hunt on my own. Being able to play with others will give me plenty of hours of fun.

Thanks for the info, i will give it and a try and let you know how it goes.

3ds fc 3153-4070-9682

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

675. Posted:

@Cyrex
I think you should get it. I'm a fan of Monster Hunter and the demo for the 3DS and WiiU version did not really impress. I believe the only way you'll understand how everybody feels about this game is to actually put some good hours into this game.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage

cyrex

676. Posted:

Thanks RoryLee will buy the game and see. The problem is i was thinking of getting a game and its either monster hunter or walking dead, but since walking dead is almost like zombiu, im up for a change and since i never played the series i will give this one a try

3ds fc 3153-4070-9682

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

677. Posted:

It does have repetitiveness, which is what I think causes people to turn away (and the difficulty). If you're wanting to forge armor and weapons and upgrade them...You're going to have to put some time into hunting a particular monster several times. From my experience though, every time you hunt the quest ends up being different. One quest you may be killing the monster with ease, while the next time you may be struggling to stay alive. (in Tri, this happens especially in High Rank since every quest is Unstable, meaning a second monster could jump in to ruin your hunt)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

cyrex

678. Posted:

Wow, thanks @Erica_Hartmann

For all these info and details about the game. Honestly the last part of what you said sounds challenging. So i will def buy the game.

3ds fc 3153-4070-9682

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

679. Posted:

I'm not entirely sure how it is in Ultimate though, I'm assuming its the same with the Unstable thing. But there's plenty of quests where you even hunt multiple monsters in one go. (and during Dual Hunts, dealing with them at the same time)

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

680. Posted:

I was impressed with the demo. I'm only getting the Wii U version, because I realized I don't really need or want the 3DS portable version.

$¢@®³’²