Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,519

Spoony_Tech

@Romeo It sounds like you want someone to convince you to pick this up when you already made up your mind! Yep no story worth mentioning its all about hunting carving improving your equipment. Having fun with others online. learning how to take down each monster. Just the awe of some of the monsters is amazing to behold. There are different lands to explore and each has its own sections. Yes you need to load each one so what. It works.

It's hard to judge this demo as it throws you into a point in the game say 10 hours in plus gives you some good armor on top of that.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ShadJV

Romeo wrote:

also... i would like to add:
i couldn't care less about graphics, im not a graphic whore like others - what i care about is gameplay, and all that kind of stuff

and especially in singleplayer games (i realize MH Wii U can also be played online) the story is VERY important
i don't know if it was due to it being a demo... but there was no story whatsoever and from playing the demo... it really looks like you're just a monster hunter and that's all there is to it
i mean.. how is that supposed to get me excited? a singleplayer game with no story... that's just like a movie with no story - or is there one? i wouldn't know.

There is a story but it's not very deep, it's mostly just an excuse for the gameplay. No one plays Monster Hunter for the story. And calling it a single player game is completely inaccurate, the series is built for multiplayer.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

xBASSxMONSTAx

I cant decide if I will like this or not? It just seems to hardcore. I just want to pick up n play and instantly enjoy killing monsters without putting much effort into preparing. It seems this game requires a lot of boring stuff like farming materials ect.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

SkywardLink98

Well it depends on what you need. Most of the materials come from monsters, but some don't so you will occasionally need to mine or gather some honey to make Mega Potions. In Tri there's a farm and it can technically allow for infinite honey, but it takes awhile to grow, so you can do 3-4 quests (online at least) without having to go gather materials.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

SkywardLink98

@Romeo
Do you play Mario for the story? The story isn't the main focus of a lot of singleplayer games, and singleplayer isn't the main focus of Monster Hunter. A lot of monsters in Tri were multiplayer only, so singleplayer is just for those who aren't connected to the internet. I'm not getting the game over the 3DS version not having online, but it can still be enjoyed in singleplayer.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

SCRAPPER392

@Romeo
The story is... monster hunting.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

btetsola

Romeo wrote:

i couldn't care less about graphics, im not a graphic whore like others - what i care about is gameplay, and all that kind of stuff

and especially in singleplayer games (i realize MH Wii U can also be played online) the story is VERY important
i don't know if it was due to it being a demo... but there was no story whatsoever and from playing the demo... it really looks like you're just a monster hunter and that's all there is to it
i mean.. how is that supposed to get me excited? a singleplayer game with no story... that's just like a movie with no story - or is there one? i wouldn't know.

I was like you once....I could never understand the draw of this game. Then I fell upon the 3ds demo. hmmm...unforgivingly difficult,crazy controls, terrible camera, no monster health bar, anyway the list goes on. Yet, I get it, I totally get it. I was going to get the Wii u when the game launches but since the update annoucement, I think i'll wait for the off tv-play option. How many hours gameplay does the game have, or is it aka; Animal Crossing

Edited on by btetsola

Nintendo ID: btetsola1

ShadJV

btetsola wrote:

Romeo wrote:

I was like you once....I could never understand the draw of this game. Then I fell upon the 3ds demo. hmmm...unforgivingly difficult,crazy controls, terrible camera, no monster health bar, anyway the list goes on. Yet, I get it, I totally get it. I was going to get the Wii u when the game launches but since the update annoucement, I think wait for the off tv-play option. How many hours gameplay does the game have, or is it aka; Animal Crossing

Hundreds. At least.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

btetsola

hundreds? there must be a finite number of monsters!!

Edited on by btetsola

Spoony_Tech

btetsola wrote:

It's what you want to put into it really. If all you want to do is hunt monsters then be done with it you could probably do that in about 30 or so hours offline. If you want to get the best armor and weapons add another 100 hours plus offline. If you want to lose the rest of the year of your life hop online and you might never put it down. One of the best online experiences you can find!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

btetsola

Tech101 wrote:

btetsola wrote:

It's what you want to put into it really. If all you want to do is hunt monsters then be done with it you could probably do that in about 30 or so hours offline. If you want to get the best armor and weapons add another 100 hours plus offline. If you want to lose the rest of the year of your life hop online and you might never put it down. One of the best online experiences you can find!

I must admit the online aspect sounds extremely interesting. I like the idea of the off-tv play update, so i must wait. Why oh why was it not implimented from the start?!! Capcom?!!! Explain!! Why no gamepad v U pro controller local coop? Ultimate? Rant over

PS: Still a great game

Edited on by btetsola

erv

Lol at everybody not caring to explain

In short, you cannot get any feel for selecting a quest, preparing, farming, mining, material selection, combinations and item usages from this demo. You can only train with some weapons.

They seem incredibly dull on the surface, but there's some HUGE finesse to them. The slow movement, the item use that takes a while, the sharpening - everything is so precisely balanced that you cannot possibly see its depth within a short demo timespan. The game mechanic is very well thought out, where dumb blunt smash and hit play becomes perfectly timed tactical battle over time.

40+ hours will get you out of noob status, not at a finished game state. 400+ hours will get you expertise in about 4 weapons, generally. There's nothing much like it out there really...

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

cornishlee

ShadJV wrote:

Romeo wrote:

There is a story but it's not very deep, it's mostly just an excuse for the gameplay. No one plays Monster Hunter for the story. And calling it a single player game is completely inaccurate, the series is built for multiplayer.

Thanks. I was kind of on the fence about this game but wanted to like it. It sounds like it's really not for me. I don't have any video game playing friends so multi-player's basically out for me and the story element is kind of what I was asking, i.e. what's my motivation for killing these creatures? They're not attacking me, why should I want to attack them? Oh well, takes all sorts. I hope fans of the series enjoy this version and Capcom are happy with the sales.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

cornishlee

erv wrote:

In short, you cannot get any feel for selecting a quest, preparing, farming, mining, material selection, combinations and item usages from this demo. You can only train with some weapons.

They seem incredibly dull on the surface, but there's some HUGE finesse to them. The slow movement, the item use that takes a while, the sharpening - everything is so precisely balanced that you cannot possibly see its depth within a short demo timespan. The game mechanic is very well thought out, where dumb blunt smash and hit play becomes perfectly timed tactical battle over time.

40+ hours will get you out of noob status, not at a finished game state. 400+ hours will get you expertise in about 4 weapons, generally. There's nothing much like it out there really...

Thanks for the detailed response.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

Exile20

cornishlee wrote:

erv wrote:

I agree with what the other guy said but as a noob it comes down to online multiplayer, that is where the fun is. I have seen people put in 500+ hours in the game, it is really that good. My first MonHun was Tri and I fell in love immediatley, it was not hardcore at all, the multiplayer is what did it for me. The community is great and working together, communicating is so rewarding. Now that the wii U version will have voice chat, it is going to make it so much better.

What makes MonHun so good is that you are invested in your character and fighting newer, bigger and more badass monsters. The demo is like 10% of what the game is. It is hard to reccommend it because the demo doesn't sell the game and there is no story really, just fighting boss after boss after boss with people, refining your skill and character. Each monster does need you to use different tactics.

The real hardcore of the game is single player. That part is crazy.

Exile20

Joeynator3000

Exile20 wrote:

cornishlee wrote:

erv wrote:

I agree with what the other guy said but as a noob it comes down to online multiplayer, that is where the fun is. I have seen people put in 500+ hours in the game, it is really that good. My first MonHun was Tri and I fell in love immediatley, it was not hardcore at all, the multiplayer is what did it for me. The community is great and working together, communicating is so rewarding. Now that the wii U version will have voice chat, it is going to make it so much better.

What makes MonHun so good is that you are invested in your character and fighting newer, bigger and more badass monsters. The demo is like 10% of what the game is. It is hard to reccommend it because the demo doesn't sell the game and there is no story really, just fighting boss after boss after boss with people, refining your skill and character. Each monster does need you to use different tactics.

The real hardcore of the game is single player. That part is crazy.

More like 2%, lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

andreoni79

Does anybody know if the game tell us what we need to upgrade things (like "carve this item from this monster") or do we have to play with a wiki next to us?

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Aviator

It tells you.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Spoony_Tech

Aviator wrote:

It tells you.

It does but you really have to look for it! I remember on tri that I didn't know how to do that till like 100+ hours into the game.

MERG said:

VesperPrism

Can somebody with MH3:Ultimate on the Wii U play online with people who have the 3DS version? I know you can if the respective 3DS players are in the same room.

VesperPrism

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.