Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,519

Fuzzy

Aviator wrote:

Just to let you know, I will be calling a lot of the monsters by their Japanese nicknames.

What's wrong with Nibelsnarf? :S

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

xBASSxMONSTAx

Omg, like I played 2hrs of it and that was just the prologue, I'm currently following ign's walkthrough, I had no clue what I was doing at the start prior to using the guide. But I'm slowly learning. But there's so much to learn its very overwhelming for new players. I can see why new players like myself get put off.
But I'm sticking with it.

Btw I'm finally the learning the controls on the gamepad which was a challenge in its self trust me.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

CanisWolfred

The demo was amazingly awful. Even worse than the Freedom Unite demo. They threw you into the game with no explanation of what to do, and put you up against tough as nail monsters with stricter than usual time limits, even on novice. I knew what I was doing and had trouble clearing the novice mission with the weaker weapons.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MAB

Novice - 10 minutes with lite gunner
Expert - 15 minutes with lite gunner

I used Wiimote and Nunchuk for the Wii version back in the day but I like selecting stuff on the touchscreen now so it took a while to adjust... I'm ready for the main event

MAB

xBASSxMONSTAx

SPOILER ALERT

He'll yeah, just done the golden fish quest on this. That quest is terrible I have to admit I spent nearly 90 minutes. Half the time gold fish don't even show up when fishing and you only get 1 gold bait.

Done all the 1 star quests. Now I'm doing an urgent quest where u have to sleigh 6 ludroths whatever they are? Should be fun.

END SPOILERS

Edited on by theblackdragon

xBASSxMONSTAx

Nayr-WaR

Didn't realise this was out so soon D: Time to get a Wii U...

NNID: Nayr96

xBASSxMONSTAx

Nayr-WaR wrote:

Or a 3DS.

xBASSxMONSTAx

Morpheus

I never understood how people get games early. Please enlighten me

Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.
NNID: milkman910

Nayr-WaR

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Nayr-WaR wrote:

Or a 3DS.

Nah, 3DS doesnt have online. The only reason I've got 500+ hours on MH Tri is online

NNID: Nayr96

LittleKing

CanisWolfred wrote:

The demo was amazingly awful. Even worse than the Freedom Unite demo. They threw you into the game with no explanation of what to do, and put you up against tough as nail monsters with stricter than usual time limits, even on novice. I knew what I was doing and had trouble clearing the novice mission with the weaker weapons.

Lagombi is one of the weakest Tundra monsters. Only Great Baggi is easier. I could barely control the camera and I still killed it in eight minutes. However, I did find it odd they lowered the time limit to 20 minutes.

On the other hand, I detested the underwater portion of the Plesioth battle. Mediocre lock on does not a good camera system make. It took me three tries to down Plesioth without any faints, and even then it took me ~15 minutes because I was being very careful not to get slammed underwater. I liked underwater combat in Tri and I liked Plesioth in Freedom/Freedom Unite, but here I like neither.

LittleKing

Joeynator3000

...I had no issues with underwater on the Wii U...it controlled no differently than on Tri. (besides Target Lock)
And 15 minutes is considered a normal time when soloing Plessy on here.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

xBASSxMONSTAx

SPOILER ALERT

I'm getting my butt kicked on the "Who's the Boss" quest. Died twice already.

The other jaggi's are messing me up while I'm trying to focus on the big daddy.

END SPOILERS

Edited on by theblackdragon

xBASSxMONSTAx

theblackdragon

@xBASSxMONSTAx: I know you're excited about being able to play this game before everyone else, but please, you are technically spoiling everyone else. If you could please start marking your posts as spoilers (I'll go back through and mark yours appropriately) if you plan to discuss particulars of the game, I (and those who have been reporting your comments) would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

xBASSxMONSTAx

theblackdragon wrote:

@xBASSxMONSTAx: I know you're excited about being able to play this game before everyone else, but please, you are technically spoiling everyone else. If you could please start marking your posts as spoilers (I'll go back through and mark yours appropriately) if you plan to discuss particulars of the game, I (and those who have been reporting your comments) would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

I tried to do spoilers earlier like this but it doesn't work

I do apologise.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Joeynator3000

...Eh, its not like G. Jaggi is that big of a deal anyways, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

theblackdragon

@xBASSxMONSTAx: no big deal, we know it's not as easy here as other places because you have to format it yourself, lol. The request for a plain [spoiler] tag has been put through to Ant multiple times, but he's a busy guy — i'm sure we'll see something that easy eventually :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Well it looks like Pandora's Tower was pushed back into April so i'll be picking this up for sure. I sure can't wait to hunt all those Great Jaggi's and Royal Ludroths again.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

RedYoshi999

Hadn't played Monster Hunter before so I gave the demo a shot, was bored by it, now I'm going to pass on it. I wish I could have liked it.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.