Forums

Topic: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 214

Yoshi_Prime

I would buy Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for $60. It perhaps being $40 (and Captain Toad being $40) is just a nice bonus to me.

EDIT: I just spoke to my mom, who bought the game for me as a gift, and she said Captain Toad was $49 ($49.99, I'm guessing), so maybe I'm just a liar. It IS less than $60 though, if that means anything.

EDIT 2: That price ($49.99) is from Amazon. My mom bought it at Best Buy (where it was $39.99 + tax), so hah! I didn't lie! Take that, me! ... plus tax.

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about this game in the next Nintendo Direct!

It might not appear. It was covered in the November direct, it releases very soon in Japan, and it isn't a "Spring release". And there are probably many other games to cover.

jariw

Yoshi

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about this game in the next Nintendo Direct!

It might not appear. It was covered in the November direct, it releases very soon in Japan, and it isn't a "Spring release". And there are probably many other games to cover.

Wait, it's releasing on...oh, wait, I forgot Europe and Kirby don't like each other.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi_Prime

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Couldn't help but laugh at your "I'd buy it for $60!"
"My mom buys my games"

I was not so enthusiastic that I'd put an exclamation point. This isn't Yoshi, after all.
I also didn't say my mom buys my games. I said it was a gift. You know, those holidays where people buy gifts for each other. Pretty famous around these parts.

Yoshi_Prime

marnelljm

Won't be buying this one. and I'm a huge Kirby fan. There's just something that doesn't sit right with me with the mechanics of the game (controlling using the gamepad and stylus). Oh well, looking forward to Yoshi's Wooly World though!

marnelljm

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8665-6951 | Nintendo Network ID: marnelljm

NinjaWaddleDee

I've changed my mind on this game. I dunno, my hype for it kinda plummeted a bit. I'll wait a month or so, and then pick it up.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

jump

Famitsu has given it 8/8/9/9 for a total of 34.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jariw

arronishere wrote:

Famitsu has given it 8/8/9/9 for a total of 34.

8/8/9/9 is identical to Captain Toad. Do you have translations of what the reviewers said?

jariw

rjejr

So, anybody else expecting this game on Fiday the 13th notice it said Feb 20 in the ND?

Which really annoys me, my kids have Feb 14-22 off for winter break, and my wife is taking a 4 day Presidents Day weekend, we were all really looking forward ato long winter weekend of couch co-op Kirby.

I know a week later is only a week later, but it's the missed 4 day weekend part thats annoying. Today is my sons birthday, I already printed out a photo of the Japan cover and stuck it in an envelope to give it to him as a gift. big big bummer

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

NintyMan wrote:

Trailer

Oh, thanks NintyMan, didn't realize the date would be in the trailer (1:10 mark). Anybody know where I might have gotten the 13th from, or did I just imagine it?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

rjejr

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo didn't want the new 3DS XL to overshadow this game, so they made a good choice to bump up the date.

If they bumped "up" the date to the 6th I'd be super dandy fine, but they didn't bump it "up", they bumped it back. Though I sitll can't actually find a source for the 13th, but if Nitnedo did announce the 13th, didn' tthey kow about their new 3DS and ALL those games releaseing that date?

I want a new XL. I wanted the red one, and the MH4U since Japan announced it last year, but I wanted Kirby on the 13 more.

A good choice for my head is a bad choice for my heart.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Akazury

Actually 13th would have made sense as Nintendo has released a 3DS game and a U game at the same time, usually to boost sales from one another, don't know why they would change it and release it later.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

rjejr

jariw wrote:

Around November 12, most Nintendo new blogs had the February 13 date. The date seems to be based on a "Nintendo Console Gaming" post on Facebook. Such as:
http://nintendoeverything.com/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse-com...

Thanks, as usual, jariw, you always have the answers. I guess I had this coming after I spent so much time worrying about the SSBU release getting delayed, this I just assumed was accurate and then BOOM!

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

rjejr

NintyMan wrote:

The game is officially priced at $40.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/qi8ftely73yWnJvJMrcKNsnR...

Oh sure, delay the game a week and then announce the price, nice.

So, anybody pay today for a 3GB DL in 5 weeks? Good to see Nintendo offer it though. Think we'll go retail on this one, I have a $15 coupon for Gamestop I printed out to buy my kid Minecraft but it wasn't good on cards.

Thanks for posting the link Ninty.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

NintendoFan64

Ah. The 20th is the date. Just gotta wait a little bit longer.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Octane

That's pretty neat, but now I don't know what's CGI and what's real in this game anymore. It certainly looks impressive.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.