Forums

Topic: Devil's Third - OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 490

Sleepingmudkip

@TwilightAngel that was back in 2008, it is now 2015 and NOA has actually become really loose when it comes to violent or risky games etc.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

TromboneGamer

TwilightAngel wrote:

TromboneGamer wrote:

Blast wrote:

Its prolly coming 2016 in North America.... which is good and bad.

Please no. It's a game set in America for crying out loud. If it followed suit like Japan and Europe there wouldn't be any competition to worry about so that's not a good excuse. I really do not like the idea of having to wait that long.

Disaster Day of Crisis was set in the america and it released everywhere in japan and Europe but not in the west. Because Nintendo of America didn't like the game. The reason i'm saying this is because i think NOA didn't like this game so were not getting it. And before you " But they funded it?" Yes Nintendo of Japan did America did not. So in the end we might not get this game,cause Europe and Japan already got a release date for it we have not or any gameplay footage at the treehouse or the event for it. That's my guess on this i hope i'm wrong i hope as of right now i think i'm not.

And yet it was revealed at their treehouse last year and gave it at least an hour during their first session. We got the likes of Bayonetta 2 which is arguably less tame with it's sheer amount of vulgarity. The only edge Bayo may have against Devil's Third in the department of favoritism would be its fantasy setting. Something doesn't add up. As for what that is I'm not sure, but I don't see why they would exclude this release from America. Politics and Violence seems terribly unlikely.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

Blast

I'm starting to think this is GameStop exclusive and even delayed to 2016 for us North Americans. Things are getting bizarre now. Bayonetta 2 still got shown because its well known AND Bayonetta is just killing monsters. But since... Ivan is killing actual people in D3rd... Nintendo of America must be extremely hesitant to showcase it because it would "ruin" their child friendly appeal. Sad but that's my guess.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Sleepingmudkip

....very negative vibe here

whodatninja

Blast wrote:

I'm starting to think this is GameStop exclusive and even delayed to 2016 for us North Americans. Things are getting bizarre now. Bayonetta 2 still got shown because its well known AND Bayonetta is just killing monsters. But since... Ivan is killing actual people in D3rd... Nintendo of America must be extremely hesitant to showcase it because it would "ruin" their child friendly appeal. Sad but that's my guess.

Well Nintendo did announce it at last year's E3 with a trailer. It wasn't in the Digital Event, but it did show up at the Treehouse.

This year just had nothing. Guess Itagaki just went as a guest.

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Dreamsleep

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

Well Nintendo did announce it at last year's E3 with a trailer. It wasn't in the Digital Event, but it did show up at the Treehouse.

This year just had nothing. Guess Itagaki just went as a guest.

He went, more than likely, for two reasons: Research what games are out there, and network with devs, and to talk up a publisher for his next game. Developers are always on to the next, even before the last one is out due to the nature of long dev cycles.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

MsJubilee

So this i think proves were not getting the game. Oh crap this game i just want to play it and support Itagaki that's all.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Sleepingmudkip

It does not confirm anything. Its just a strong assumption. 8D

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Jazzer94

Just wait before freaking out and looking silly.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MsJubilee

Jazzer94 wrote:

Just wait before freaking out and looking silly.

Too late i'm a silly impatient fool.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

ricklongo

TwilightAngel wrote:

So this i think proves were not getting the game. Oh crap this game i just want to play it and support Itagaki that's all.

Actually, if anything, that Gameranx article strongly hints at the opposite.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Peach64

Looks like Nintendo of America really have dropped this. After it disappeared from the upcoming eShop games list, today Itagaki posted on Facebook that he'll release the game in the Americas. My theory over it's lack of presence at E3 was Nintendo had realised it wasn't a very good game, and I believe that even more firmly if they really have given up publishing rights to it. I know people are excited to see a 3rd party exclusive, but the footage looks awful IMO.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

Aozz101x

i'm not sure what GoNintendo is talking about i mean its still listed on there Coming Soon page: http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide/#filter/wii+u|-|-|-|...

1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Andyliini

To be fair, Devil's Third is not listed in eShops Coming Soon -section in Europe either.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Aozz101x

take this as a "sorta helpful, but has not confirmed anything sign as of yet"
http://gonintendo.com/stories/237240-is-itagaki-hinting-at-a-...

1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2

TromboneGamer

Itagaki says he will release Devil's Third in the America's but from what I've been reading it seems NoA won't be publishing it at the moment. This could mean a delay but by gosh do I hope not.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

RR529

Maybe there was something in this game that was more risqué than what was/will be seen in Bayo 2 & Fatal Frame that NOA wanted to censor, and Itagaki didn't?

Maybe they came to the agreement that they would allow him to find another publisher for the game, if he wanted to see it release as is.

Just speculation, of course.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.