Forums

Topic: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Could Be Delayed To 2015 in U.S.

Posts 21 to 35 of 35

Octane

''Early 2015'' means first half of 2015. Don't be surprised if some ''early 2015'' titles are released in April, May or early June.

Dipper723 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Well...it's release date IS Winter 2014, which goes into March, so...

March 2014 already happened. The release date can only be December 21st - December 31st.

Winter starts on the 8th of November in Japan.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Punished_Boss_84

rjejr wrote:

Punished_Boss wrote:

So this is the one.

The one as in - either CTT or SSBU would be delayed until after the holidays?

Do you happen to recall replying to me about a month ago saying that the SSB U release date needed to or should be announced before SSB 3DS came out b/c after that would be too late? The comment is kinda stuck in my head b/c we are 3 days past launch now and Nintneod just announced a new ND about MH4U. And I think they stuck that U in the name just to rub salt in our wounds.

The one as in the one holiday title to be delayed, Donkey Kong Country Returns and now possibly this. This should bode well for Super Smash Bros U, for your sake I hope so Yeah I remember, Nintendo sure are taking their time to date the U version, with only 2 months left of the holiday, with nothing else of major significance launching within that period, I still think this is a bad idea.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

rjejr

Punished_Boss wrote:

for your sake I hope so

Thanks. I'm seriously considering medication. (Christmas shopping was more enjoyable when the kids were cute and little.) I unplugged my wi-fi for an hour before. I'm banning myself from the forums after this post- nothing but bad news in here lately, and I know I contribute to that but it isn't all just me. Just looking at the forum topics under Wii U is depressing.

Think I'll spend more time over at PushSquare preparing for my PS TV purchase, I'm sure Vita game coverage will cheer me up

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

dumedum

rjejr wrote:

Nintneod made a nice piece of artwork showing Wii U games slated for late 2014 and all of 2015. Must be meant for internal use as I've never seen it in stores.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/02/nintendo-sa...

Forget Captain Toad, at this point I'm really beginning to seriously doubt SSB for Wii U in 2014.

I don't understand why you post that cool image and then doubt. It is obvious Captain Toad and Smash Bros. are slated for December releases, and not 2015. 2015 is packed with stuff.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

jariw

rjejr wrote:

nothing but bad news in here lately, and I know I contribute to that but it isn't all just me

It's very much just you. There's very little substance or facts in many of the threads, so how you interpret it is entirely up to you. And FWIW, the picture you referred to in the Forbes article was published on the Nintendo Twitter account (don't know if you were ironic about the "meant for internal use" or not).

Seems like Kirby and the Rainbow Course might be an early 2015 title as well:
Untitled

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Inkling

Untitled

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

rjejr

jariw wrote:

rjejr wrote:

nothing but bad news in here lately, and I know I contribute to that but it isn't all just me

It's very much just you.
Untitled

Oh come on, I see you posting in a lot of these threads, you know it isn't all just me. I'ld go click on your profile to see how many negative people you've replied to, or list a bunch of the thread titles in the Wii U forum, but I don't have to, b/c I know that you know that I know there is a LOT of negativity on here and it isn't just me regarding Nintnedo's lack of Wii U promotion for this upcoming holiday.

And I was being facetious about that being an internal ad but I'm in Target, Walmart Gamestop and Kmart and I haven't seen it anywhere. I read all the Sunday flyers and I haven't seen it. So where have you seen it? I really don't consider Twitter a place people look for their video game purchases but I could be behind the times in that regard. I do really like that German ad but I honestly haven't seen anything like it anywhere I'm in the US.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

jariw

rjejr wrote:

b/c I know that you know that I know there is a LOT of negativity on here

I agree with you, but how you and I interpret their negativity is up to you and me. I only interpret it as "slow times". If there isn't a constant stream of news or updates (specially when all the E3 material has been discussed to death), negativity starts to kick in for some people. That kind of negativity is just an information technology decease. I did not mean that you are the one making negative posts, and your topic about upcoming ND was very relevant BTW.
But if 1 site lists a product as Q1 2015 and 10 sites lists the same product as Q4 2014, it seems like a "wait and see" thing rather than a fact to me.

rjejr wrote:

And I was being facetious about that being an internal ad but I'm in Target, Walmart Gamestop and Kmart and I haven't seen it anywhere. I read all the Sunday flyers and I haven't seen it. So where have you seen it?

The Twitter post was linked in the article you posted, for example. Link found at 6th+7th word in the main text.
Here is the original:

I think NoA has been fairly consistent with not presenting products releasing in the distant future in marketing material to the stores and magazines. The promotion campaign for MK8 started just 2.5 months prior to release (and that was during a void where no other Wii U competed with the attention).

rjejr wrote:

I do really like that German ad but I honestly haven't seen anything like it anywhere I'm in the US.

I posted that just to say that Kirby might be "early 2015", instead of just 2015.

jariw

LzWinky

rjejr wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@rjrer - Isn't that ND for Japan only? I mean...it's Japan, of course Monster Hunter 4U is getting a Direct. It releases in Japan next week. I'm surprised they didn't get one sooner.

Well I'll take the mea culpa for not knowng it comes out next week, I honestly thought it was due next year. So that means 3DS in Japan got SSB 2 weeks ago, MH4G next week, and Pokemon AS and OR Nov 21, and people still complain about the 3DS not having any games? And why does Japan get MH4 and MH4G before the west sees the game? I guess Nintnedo must be making up for Japan not getting the 2DS

OK, ignorant idiotic mistake out of the way, don't you think the Wii U in the west NEEDS an ND more than MH4G in Japan? Which I just remembered launches w/ that cool new metallic "new" 3DS. I have a hunch it will sell w/ or w/o the ND.

Now? No. There's no reason to have a Direct a month before a release. It's too early to matter to anyone. Also, Directs only really matter to fans who were getting the game anyway or sitting on the fence. For the latter group, they need information closer to the release date. Otherwise they'll forget

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

I-U

I've been questioning whether to get Treasure Tracker this holiday as is, so a delay will only end up hurting my desire to get the game. Since I'm very satisfied with Super Smash Brothers 3DS, I guess Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 will be my holiday games for the Wii U.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

rjejr

@jariw - "I did not mean that you are the one making negative posts"

Oops, sorry abut that, guess I wrote that long defensive rant for nothing, apologies.

"and your topic about upcoming ND was very relevant BTW."

Thanks, started that last week when I was in a better mood. Was holding my breath for an informative ND, gotta learn to breath.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Csaw

I don't really trust Nintendo when it comes to game release windows. Lets not forget that smash 3ds was originally gonna be a summer release, Pikmin 3 and W101 were originally going to be launch window releases, DK was originally supposed to be November 2013 release, Mario kart was originally supposed to be early 2014 release, Xenoblade Chronicles X was originally a 2014 release, and I'm sure there's a bunch of other examples that I don't remember.

Take a Nintendo release window with a grain of salt because they are because I'm almost positive a good chunk of those "early 2015" titles are going to be pushed back.

Csaw

jariw

Since the US release dates for Captain Toad and SSB U appeared today, this thread was just another rumour.

jariw

WebHead

Yeah captain toad will hit NA on December 5th.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

dumedum

dumedum wrote:

rjejr wrote:

Nintneod made a nice piece of artwork showing Wii U games slated for late 2014 and all of 2015. Must be meant for internal use as I've never seen it in stores.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/02/nintendo-sa...

Forget Captain Toad, at this point I'm really beginning to seriously doubt SSB for Wii U in 2014.

I don't understand why you post that cool image and then doubt. It is obvious Captain Toad and Smash Bros. are slated for December releases, and not 2015. 2015 is packed with stuff.

Told you.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.