Forums

Topic: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Could Be Delayed To 2015 in U.S.

Posts 1 to 20 of 35

Yoshi

Eh...we'll see when we got official word. Decent track records don't cut it for me.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

NintendoFan64

Well...it's release date IS Winter 2014, which goes into March, so...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

kereke12

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Yeah that's my guess as well.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

nitrolink

Release window has always been Holiday 2014.

Sigh, I'm disappointed but will not be surprised if the game slips to 2015. It had better release earlier than March though.

nitrolink

Csaw

Its probably for the best that they pushed it back. This holiday it should be all about smash (and they should throw a Bayo 2 advert in there as well).

Captain Toad would be swept aside. Besides at the moment it doesn't look like there will be many games releasing in early 2015 so this game could fill up the line up a bit (like DK did this year).

Csaw

Blast

Csaw wrote:

Its probably for the best that they pushed it back. This holiday it should be all about smash (and they should throw a Bayo 2 advert in there as well).

Captain Toad would be swept aside. Besides at the moment it doesn't look like there will be many games releasing in early 2015 so this game could fill up the line up a bit (like DK did this year).

AGREED

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Octane

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Winter in Japan starts on the 8th of November, and ends on the 4th of February.

Octane

faint

well that frees up my pocketbook for more amiibos

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

KeeperBvK

But wouldn't January/February 2015 be considered Winter 2015 rather than Winter 2014?

KeeperBvK

jariw

Csaw wrote:

According to NoA's officially planned releases, Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Maker are early 2015 titles as well, which would partly compete for the same kind of players. OTOH, NoE defended their delay of Captain Toad with the planned schedule of other titles, so that same reasoning could logically apply to NoA as well.

Perhaps you're right that they'll go all in for Smash for Wii U marketing now. I'm in Europe, so I'm getting the delay anyway, and I have too much to play right now and ahead.

rferrari24 wrote:

It had better release earlier than March though.

A March 31st date is just a placeholder for Q1.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

Csaw wrote:

According to NoA's officially planned releases, Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Maker are early 2015 titles as well, which would partly compete for the same kind of players. OTOH, NoE defended their delay of Captain Toad with the planned schedule of other titles, so that same reasoning could logically apply to NoA as well.

Perhaps you're right that they'll go all in for Smash for Wii U marketing now. I'm in Europe, so I'm getting the delay anyway, and I have too much to play right now and ahead.

Splatoon is also meant to be early 2015 too though I do agree that they'll go all out on promoting Smash Wii U as they have the very difficult task of trying to persuade people to get the Wii U version when those people already own the 3DS version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Akazury

If CT:TT slips into 2015 then it will just release in Janaury as planned for EU

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Jacob717

NintendoFan64 wrote:

March 2014 already happened. The release date can only be December 21st - December 31st.

Jacob717

WebHead

Probably wasn't going to get it until next year anyway. As long as 2015 is packed.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

rjejr

Nintneod made a nice piece of artwork showing Wii U games slated for late 2014 and all of 2015. Must be meant for internal use as I've never seen it in stores.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/02/nintendo-sa...

Forget Captain Toad, at this point I'm really beginning to seriously doubt SSB for Wii U in 2014. It's Oct 6th and today they announce a new ND for MH4U on 3DS in 2015? 3DS just got SSB and it's getting Pokemon Nov 21, and a remodel, it's fine. But hello, Nintnedo, you have a Wii U system that needs selling. Hello, anybody home?

Sorry for all the negativity but it's early Oct, Nintnedo - and all of us - should be celebrating Wii U now, can't imagine why they think holding back the SSB U date and amiibo is a good idea. Are they waiting for the Disney Infinity and Skylanders fad to blow ever, b/c those 2 are year round sellers. DI even has a new Toy Box 2.0 and more toys coming out in Nov to keep the toys selling.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Punished_Boss_84

So this is the one.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

rjejr

Punished_Boss wrote:

So this is the one.

The one as in - either CTT or SSBU would be delayed until after the holidays?

Do you happen to recall replying to me about a month ago saying that the SSB U release date needed to or should be announced before SSB 3DS came out b/c after that would be too late? The comment is kinda stuck in my head b/c we are 3 days past launch now and Nintneod just announced a new ND about MH4U. And I think they stuck that U in the name just to rub salt in our wounds.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

CanisWolfred

@rjrer - Isn't that ND for Japan only? I mean...it's Japan, of course Monster Hunter 4U is getting a Direct. It releases in Japan next week. I'm surprised they didn't get one sooner.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

rjejr

CanisWolfred wrote:

@rjrer - Isn't that ND for Japan only? I mean...it's Japan, of course Monster Hunter 4U is getting a Direct. It releases in Japan next week. I'm surprised they didn't get one sooner.

Well I'll take the mea culpa for not knowng it comes out next week, I honestly thought it was due next year. So that means 3DS in Japan got SSB 2 weeks ago, MH4G next week, and Pokemon AS and OR Nov 21, and people still complain about the 3DS not having any games? And why does Japan get MH4 and MH4G before the west sees the game? I guess Nintnedo must be making up for Japan not getting the 2DS

OK, ignorant idiotic mistake out of the way, don't you think the Wii U in the west NEEDS an ND more than MH4G in Japan? Which I just remembered launches w/ that cool new metallic "new" 3DS. I have a hunch it will sell w/ or w/o the ND.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.