Forums

Topic: Angry Joe Got a Wii U

Posts 101 to 120 of 140

TeeJay

Nintendo sure loves to stab their customers in the back. Don't they realize how petty blocking videos over music is, and that just letting them be promotes their games?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Except Nintendo DOES allow monetization. They just take a certain percentage of the ad revenue. And if he does get so many views, then why is he making such a big deal?

I already said this, but no one understood. In the end, I'm emotionally indifferent to all of this. The only point I was trying to make, was that Angry Joe's viewers got him him a Wii U and he should follow through on reviews, because that's why he got one in the first place.

There's a lot of things people can post and b**** about, and this is on the lower end of that list, no doubt. YouTube approves, whether it matters is an opinion, etc.

Okay this is seriously bothering me, everyone keeps saying this but from what I know the only place that actually allows this is a site in Japan that is the equivalent of YouTube. As far as I've heard from the LPers in America/Canada they haven't actually followed through with that yet, so where is this coming from?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/27/5754560/nintendo-youtube-aff...

This might help

EDIT: It doesn't say it has gone live but it is over a year old any as stated before, other channels (such as Game Explain and Strictly Nintendo) don't seem to be having a problem with Nintendo.

Then I'm still right in knowing that it hasn't gone live yet, Game Explain and Strictly Nintendo seem to have the workarounds down pretty good, as there voice commentary seems to be louder than the actually background music to stay away from getting flagged, striked or just told not to monetize. Also, you can't say just cause in there are ads that it is being monetized for those groups, I have a monetized YouTube account but I have a variety of Nintendo (and Capcom) videos that don't allow monetization but still have ads on it, but unlike Joe I don't really complain about it loudly and instead I just try to work around it...but once again it gets annoying. So no until proven otherwise this policy is not in place.

and we can say the same thing, until proven otherwise this policy is in place. It really gets us no where to talk like this. There is clear evidence that it is possible to display Nintendo content and not have trouble. If the rules are followed then there shouldn't be a problem that can't be fixed.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shaneoh

TingLz wrote:

64supermario wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Except Nintendo DOES allow monetization. They just take a certain percentage of the ad revenue. And if he does get so many views, then why is he making such a big deal?

I already said this, but no one understood. In the end, I'm emotionally indifferent to all of this. The only point I was trying to make, was that Angry Joe's viewers got him him a Wii U and he should follow through on reviews, because that's why he got one in the first place.

There's a lot of things people can post and b**** about, and this is on the lower end of that list, no doubt. YouTube approves, whether it matters is an opinion, etc.

Okay this is seriously bothering me, everyone keeps saying this but from what I know the only place that actually allows this is a site in Japan that is the equivalent of YouTube. As far as I've heard from the LPers in America/Canada they haven't actually followed through with that yet, so where is this coming from?

Here's a better question: why is he flagged when there are so many other videos with similar content? Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Mario+Kart+8+review

Because the issue is with the "Let's Play" videos.

www wrote:

As part of our on-going push to ensure Nintendo content is shared across social media channels in an appropriate and safe way, we became a YouTube partner and as such in February 2013 we registered our copyright content in the YouTube database. For most fan videos this will not result in any changes, however, for those videos featuring Nintendo-owned content, such as images or audio of a certain length, adverts will now appear at the beginning, next to or at the end of the clips. We continually want our fans to enjoy sharing Nintendo content on YouTube, and that is why, unlike other entertainment companies, we have chosen not to block people using our intellectual property.

For more information please visit http://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/faq.html

Basically this "Angry Joe's" video was too long (well he's showing the whole game isn't he?). Most of those other videos weren't too great a duration, but I think 15 minutes is pushing it for a review.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

LzWinky

So...what you're saying is that this is Youtube's fault?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JusticeColde

From what I heard, YouTube likes to go over the heads of companies and flag videos anyway regardless of partnerships & contracts. That's why the partnership system is even more important now.

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

shaneoh

Said nothing of the sort. Those MK8 reviews are fine to be shown because the MK8 footage on those videos is under a certain duration. Joe was above that duration. Nintendo's policy seems to be aimed at LP videos, videos that show off the whole game. In short, Joe's problem. All those other videos seem to fall within the required guidelines.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

64supermario

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

This might help

EDIT: It doesn't say it has gone live but it is over a year old any as stated before, other channels (such as Game Explain and Strictly Nintendo) don't seem to be having a problem with Nintendo.

Then I'm still right in knowing that it hasn't gone live yet, Game Explain and Strictly Nintendo seem to have the workarounds down pretty good, as there voice commentary seems to be louder than the actually background music to stay away from getting flagged, striked or just told not to monetize. Also, you can't say just cause in there are ads that it is being monetized for those groups, I have a monetized YouTube account but I have a variety of Nintendo (and Capcom) videos that don't allow monetization but still have ads on it, but unlike Joe I don't really complain about it loudly and instead I just try to work around it...but once again it gets annoying. So no until proven otherwise this policy is not in place.

and we can say the same thing, until proven otherwise this policy is in place. It really gets us no where to talk like this. There is clear evidence that it is possible to display Nintendo content and not have trouble. If the rules are followed then there shouldn't be a problem that can't be fixed.

Haha a simple call to Nintendo could tell you that the affiliate program is not in place here in the states. Or even better simply asking Game Explain themselves if the affiliate program is up yet, in fact I might just tweet them right now.

Edit: GameXplain is not part of the Nintendo affiliate program and as far as they know it is not in place.

Edited on by 64supermario

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

DefHalan

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

This might help

Haha a simple call to Nintendo could tell you that the affiliate program is not in place here in the states. Or even better simply asking Game Explain themselves if the affiliate program is up yet, in fact I might just tweet them right now.

Edit: GameXplain is not part of the Nintendo affiliate program and as far as they know it is not in place.

I never said they were. I just used them as an example of a channel that has no problem showing Nintendo content, like many other channels on YouTube. Joe just needs to learn the correct way to do Nintendo Content. He could probably contact some YouTube friends and figure it out. It is probably pretty easy for him to get information

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@64supermario
No one is going to be affiliated with Nintendo on a business basis, as far as we know. All Nintendo does is set the guidelines, and the video is posted under those. Any money you make through that is up to you, so the situation ACTUALLY has been thrown out of proportion.

Angry Joe's video would have fine if he would have followed the guidelines. It's seriously that simple.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

64supermario

SCAR392 wrote:

@64supermario
No one is going to be affiliated with Nintendo on a business basis, as far as we know. All Nintendo does is set the guidelines, and the video is posted under those. Any money you make through that is up to you, so the situation ACTUALLY has been thrown out of proportion.

Angry Joe's video would have fine if he would have followed the guidelines. It's seriously that simple.

That is different than the affiliate program, at the end of the updated part of this article Gamasutra quotes Nintendo with the method you mentioned and a forthcoming affiliate program as well, this is what I'm talking about.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/218572/Nintendo_reveals_Yo...

EDIT: Also where is said guidelines, I've been searching around the internet and have yet to find them.

Edited on by 64supermario

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

rallydefault

CanisWolfred wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Yea, back to AngryJoe himself - why so much hate? Is it cool to hate him now? I didn't get the memo. I actually REALLY like his stuff. Yea, he's mostly a PC/Xbox guy, but I own those platforms, too, so I can relate to most of what he's talking about. Yea, I really didn't like the way he totally wrote off this year's CoD and didn't give it much of a chance, but that doesn't mean that all of his stuff becomes meaningless. Some people really need to exercise moderation and take their time when it comes to judging others.

Well, I dislike him because he's a boring entertainer and...not a very good reviewer most of the time. Honestly, I didn't even know people still watched his videos, especially since they don't seem to have gotten much better since 2010...

... you realize that everything you said is really just opinion, right? There's nothing wrong with that, but on my end, I actually really enjoy his reviews. I don't care for the acting/dramatic bits, but he does go into more detail than most 5 or 3-minute video reviews from the bigger websites. And he's a PC gamer really, so he brings a definite bias with him, but for those that can relate, most of what he says strikes a chord. And he's definitely not afraid to say the things most people are thinking, and I've always respected that. His interview with Major Nelson before the One launch still shocks me lol

rallydefault

64supermario

Sorry but I'm going to nag you @SCAR392 I genuinely want to know where these guidelines are so that I can point people in the proper direction when I talk to them about this.

SCRAPPER392

64supermario wrote:

Sorry but I'm going to nag you @SCAR392 I genuinely want to know where these guidelines are so that I can point people in the proper direction when I talk to them about this.

I'm pretty sure you have to just email Nintendo for information. That's a lot of the reason why people were complaining, because numerous companies pulled a ton of videos all at once, the day the ContentID went live, without much if any explanation.

If you want to know what the guidelines are, you'll have to email Nintendo. AFAIK, a webpage or program to make people aware of the guidelines doesn't exist, which is why you have to email Nintendo to find out, or ask someone who already knows.

Qwest

64supermario

SCAR392 wrote:

64supermario wrote:

I'm pretty sure you have to just email Nintendo for information. That's a lot of the reason why people were complaining, because numerous companies pulled a ton of videos all at once, the day the ContentID went live, without much if any explanation.

If you want to know what the guidelines are, you'll have to email Nintendo. AFAIK, a webpage or program to make people aware of the guidelines doesn't exist, which is why you have to email Nintendo to find out, or ask someone who already knows.

...Sorry, but that's kind of dumb. It really isn't that easy and if it's anything like Nintendo's online help usually is it would take forever to hear back from someone. They also put up a conflicting message about using their Content ID were they say they will just not accept your request. So I feel that if someone sees that they would be entirely confused like I was when I saw it, I might try it out just to see how the process works...but there should be an easier/quicker way to find out.

SCRAPPER392

@64supermario
I agree that it is not ideal, but that's why they said they were working on making it easier for YouTube posters to continue posting, while following the guidelines. That's basically what they've said from the beginning, and you even posted a link that said that.

The whole ContentID thing is still a work in progress that both YouTube and other companies like Nintendo are working through.

Qwest

64supermario

@SCAR392 yeah but its still not in effect right now so its null and void until then, its just promises that I hope they come through with. It'll be almost a year when E3 rolls around since that article was written, we better hear something about it then or I'll become as skeptical on this happening as I am with ST X Fire Emblem.

kereke12

Ohhh Nintendo

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

Dezzy

arronishere wrote:

I think Ninty are more concerned with how their games are presented rather than it be free advertising.

Are you suggesting that they're actually blocking videos that aren't made with the right "tone"? Is there any evidence for that? I thought it was purely about the money.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

I understand this is his job and stuff but if he really loved gaming then he wouldn't care about the money and would just show whatever video he wanted to. Just let go of the ad addiction, Joe. Just this one time. I'm a fan of Joe but I can't help but shake my head at him. He's getting so upset over this.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

JusticeColde

I'm on Joe's side about this. Nintendo's program and guidelines are still terrible.
NoJ needs to step back on these messed up policies because absolutely nobody else does this kind of thing, even the scummiest, most anti-consumer companies (i.e. EA for christ's sake.)

I've been watching Joe's videos for a good long while now and I get why his videos are as long and as dependent on the games in question. He lets it all out and brings necessary examples with plain footage, stream footage and skits.

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.