Forums

Topic: Angry Joe Got a Wii U

Posts 121 to 140 of 140

Discostew

Here's the thing. Joe knew what would happen, but did it anyways, hoping for 100% of the profits for as long as he could. Folks donated towards him getting a Wii U with games, and when he got flagged, he pulled his own video. It was not taken down for him. He did it. He's depriving the folks who donated towards the equipment to make those Nintendo-related videos in the first place and is only showing he cares more about getting that 100% profit than to have fun and be on legal ground with the content he uses.

There are plenty of other people using Nintendo's content with not a single problem, because they follow the rules regarding the content and services they use. If you post any video on YT, you must abide to the rules YT made, which can include the rules provided by the owners of the content that are used in said videos.

You don't have to like Nintendo's policies, but they have every right to do this, so just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can just oppose it without consequences.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Jacob717

Discostew wrote:

You don't have to like Nintendo's policies, but they have every right to do this

...and Capcom has every right to make on disc DLC, and EA has the right to do DRM, and Ubisoft has the right to release unfinished game.

Jacob717

DefHalan

Dipper723 wrote:

Discostew wrote:

You don't have to like Nintendo's policies, but they have every right to do this

...and Capcom has every right to make on disc DLC, and EA has the right to do DRM, and Ubisoft has the right to release unfinished game.

And you have every right not to purchase those products.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

Discostew wrote:

Here's the thing. Joe knew what would happen, but did it anyways, hoping for 100% of the profits for as long as he could. Folks donated towards him getting a Wii U with games, and when he got flagged, he pulled his own video. It was not taken down for him. He did it. He's depriving the folks who donated towards the equipment to make those Nintendo-related videos in the first place and is only showing he cares more about getting that 100% profit than to have fun and be on legal ground with the content he uses.

There are plenty of other people using Nintendo's content with not a single problem, because they follow the rules regarding the content and services they use. If you post any video on YT, you must abide to the rules YT made, which can include the rules provided by the owners of the content that are used in said videos.

You don't have to like Nintendo's policies, but they have every right to do this, so just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can just oppose it without consequences.

Agreed!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jacob717

DefHalan wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

Discostew wrote:

Exactly.

Jacob717

SomeBitTripFan

Dipper723 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

Discostew wrote:

Exactly.

Well, let's blow up this discussion then. Should Nintendo be able to take down a Let's Play, or a recorded Live Stream, or whatever Angry Joe did? No, not whether legally they can, but if laws should allow for Nintendo to do so. Should law change to protect such content, establish it as illegal, or should law not change and Youtubers and game companies continually fight until a consensus is reached? What is the best course of action for Joe and what is the best course of action for Nintendo?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

MegaMari0

why must you open the flood gates sir? Well if that's the case, ALL developers should get a piece of the youtube pie if people are making a living off of them showing off THEIR products. This whole free publicity thing doesn't fly with me. If I was an artist and somebody wanted to show off my work but didn't pay me SOMETHING for all the people paying to see my work(admission at museum for example) I would starve. I say something because I don't want to take everything. The 2nd part to this is a REASONABLE fee. Between the multiple fees by youtube/google and any other parties, I doubt asking for a large piece when there's not much left of the pie will be viewed positively. It's a very delicate balance that nintendo has yet to strike.

Edited on by MegaMari0

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

MsJubilee

Well i guess, we will never see review's for any Nintendo games on Joe's channel that sucks.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

LzWinky

Well then I guess we'll need to rely on the numerous other reviews then

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

GrailUK

I got no sympathy for Youtubers. They should be grateful they avoided a real job by playing games for as long as they did! Far too much entitlement for me to give a damn about em tbh. They are basically spoiler channels devaluing IP as opposed to advertising it. They are like those guys that turn up at your car at a traffic light, wash it (very badly) then hold there hands out lol. Leeching.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

kkslider5552000

GrailUK wrote:

I got no sympathy for Youtubers. They should be grateful they avoided a real job by playing games for as long as they did! Far too much entitlement for me to give a damn about em tbh. They are basically spoiler channels devaluing IP as opposed to advertising it. They are like those guys that turn up at your car at a traffic light, wash it (very badly) then hold there hands out lol. Leeching.

[citation needed]

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GrailUK

Is it?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

whodatninja

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

Discostew wrote:

Exactly.

Well, let's blow up this discussion then. Should Nintendo be able to take down a Let's Play, or a recorded Live Stream, or whatever Angry Joe did?

Nintendo didn't take down his video, Angry Joe did that himself. Nintendo just took away the option to make money off it. It's only about money, not "free advertisement" like he says.

A good counter example would be Jontron's Birdemic video. He's said it isn't making him any money since that studio claimed it, but he still left it up for his fans. Shows how generous and kind he is! Who knows, maybe in the future when Youtube isn't a total idiot he'll get the revenue back!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Budda

Dipper723 wrote:

That part of the "creativity put in the videos".
If you look it that way.. Nintendo's YT program is totally fair. 40% goes to Nintendo for their content - 60% goes to the owner of the video for his "creativity". Seriously, if someone has a problem with that, that person is just greedy.

I totally have to agree with @munchakoopas argument and example.
I would also understand EA doing this. It's their product. If they choose to let people do what ever they want, to do "free" advertisement, it's their choice.

Some are acting like Nintendo is doing something scandalous.
If you really want to make money out of Nintendo products, do it Nintendo's way.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

SkywardLink98

I actually really like Angry Joe reviews. They're brutally honest, and are a lot more in depth than most other reviews I've seen.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Rexcalibr

I despise Angry Joe.

Rexcalibr

AceDefective

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

That part of the "creativity put in the videos".
If you look it that way.. Nintendo's YT program is totally fair. 40% goes to Nintendo for their content - 60% goes to the owner of the video for his "creativity". Seriously, if someone has a problem with that, that person is just greedy.

I totally have to agree with @munchakoopas argument and example.
I would also understand EA doing this. It's their product. If they choose to let people do what ever they want, to do "free" advertisement, it's their choice.

Some are acting like Nintendo is doing something scandalous.
If you really want to make money out of Nintendo products, do it Nintendo's way.

I think the problem is people are so used to Nintendo not flagging vids (despite it being in their full right to do so) for a long time, that people got complacent when Nintendo (quite unnecessarily) finally enforced their copyrights. Making the problem exasperated, is that Nintendo is the only company really majorly doing this.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Discostew

Of my understanding, here is the breakdown of how much who gets what from ad revenues

Youtube takes 55%
The partnership program takes a certain % of what remains after Youtube takes their cut
The uploader gets whatever is left.

A lot of YTers are complaining about Nintendo cutting into their profits, but here's the deal (again, from my understanding). Whatever partnership program the uploader was already affiliated with would be swapped with Nintendo only with Nintendo-related content. So, Nintendo is not really cutting into an uploader's profit in addition to whoever they were already partnered with. They are replacing. It won't be a 4-way split. It'll still be a 3-way split. And to clarify, this 40% that Nintendo is not really 40%. It's 40% of what's left after YT takes their cut. It's not YT taking 55%, Nintendo taking 40%, leaving the uploader with a meager 5%, no way. If a video gave $100...

YT would take 55% of $100 ($55). Remaining would be $45
Nintendo would take 40% of $45 ($18). Remaining would be $27
Uploader would get $27.

That's just for individual videos alongside non-Nintendo-related videos. If your channel is fully Nintendo-related (and you register it as such), they'll only take 30%, making it $13.50 for them and $31.50 for the uploader.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

PaperMario64

He get's a Wii U for free from his fans and refuse to upload videos because he won't earn a lot of money?
What an *******.

Way to take advantage of kids watching your Youtube channel.

PaperMario64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.