Retro Forum

Topic: Collector's Corner: The Rare and Expensive Video Games Topic

Showing 101 to 120 of 204

AuthorMessage

Aiyoku

101. Posted:

Anyone here finished The Last Story already? How long is a single campaign playthrough?

Aiyoku

AuthorMessage

Ryno

102. Posted:

Aiyoku wrote:

Anyone here finished The Last Story already? How long is a single campaign playthrough?

A better place for this question regarding a new and recently released game might be here at The Last Story.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

103. Posted:

Oh Hagan, that games looks awesome!

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

104. Posted:

Is Little Samson worth checking out, it's definitly on my 'To Buy list' Yet it seems like a title I'd save for last considering the hefty he-man Price Tag.
Cart only for me in this case! It looks like a merger of Mega Man with it's own splash of Pixel humpin' uniqueness. B-) Wasn't this another gem that released later on towards the end of the NES's life span? It just seems like the type of game that should of made a big impact by the looks of things. Same deal with Startropics! ;) But alas' they got the slurpie shaft, and have remained inbetween obscurity and awesomeness, while Little Samson in comparison rose high and above regarding it's Pricey' Man.....The cover alone is something that would of instantly grabbed my attention had i saw it at my local videostore.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

105. Posted:

@WaveBoy
little samson was one of the very last nes games put out. dont wait too long if yer going to buy it. theres hardly ever any on ebay and the price just goes higher and higher. its a grail in any collectors collection. prices for games like that have more than doubled in the last year and a half.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

106. Posted:

Well, whenever i spontaneously feel like whipping out $80 in the land of Grimmis and Ronald for a cart, i just might! But at this point I'd rather honestly put that money towards Mega Man 7 again if i were to spend that much. Mega Man 6 will most likely be my next Retro buy considering Capcom is taking their sweet a** & goolay' time not releasing it on the Wii's VC forcing the Wavemyster to buy a cart he'd rather not. B-) But, 6 and 7 are the only Mega Boy's I haven't played in the main franchise and it's Killing me harder than a pissed off Purple Jump suite wearing 8-bit Jason Vorhees!

But yup! Atat this point I've been laying low on the retro buys, i've been buying stuff for my place at the moment. B-) It's going to look like some colorful, trippy gorgeous california 80's beach pad. Working on getting an 8x10 Pure white shag rug, some big fake vivid green tropical tree's, a new Panasonic Plasma HDTV and a few other things! B-)

Anyways! I've got my 20" Sony CRT Tube ready and rockin, so the retro buys are even more disirable considering i have them up and running! And Oldgamesonly have you played Ducktales 2 and Chip 'n Dales 2? How do they stack up compared to the originals? They too are pretty dino-damn expensive. :o

Bubble Bobble 2 is also clearly forbidden....The price on that one is King Hippo INSANE. I'll never in my entire life beable to play that one, unless i download the rom which I'm totaly against and not into.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

107. Posted:

@Waveboy: IMO Ducktales 2 and Chip N Dale 2 were no where near as good as the first ones. The only reason really that are so high is cause they came out late in the end of the NES era. For me though they just didnt have the charm that the first ones did.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

voulg160

108. Posted:

Skies of Arcadia the cheapest copy ive found is $90 Australian

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

109. Posted:

voulg160 wrote:

Wow thats nuts. I can get a used copy from Gamestop's site for 20 bucks.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

110. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy: IMO Ducktales 2 and Chip N Dale 2 were no where near as good as the first ones. The only reason really that are so high is cause they came out late in the end of the NES era. For me though they just didnt have the charm that the first ones did.

Good to know! I should of known, you never hear anybody raving about the sequals, it's always the original Ducktales and Chip n Dale that get the funky fame. I've got both, so I'm covered. B-) Also, I'm curious about Home Sweet Home an NES Survival horror/RPG-like title that was never released outside of Japan. Has anybody played this one? I've heard it's pretty damn great. The soundtrack alone is all sorts of amazing. :D

But beacuse it consists of RPG elements based on the way you battle monsters, I'll most likely never check it out.

AuthorMessage

voulg160

111. Posted:

Wow thats nuts. I can get a used copy from Gamestop's site for 20 bucks.

[/quote]

Might like to mention it's the pal version I can find the american versions fairly cheap I don't know why though

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

AuthorMessage

ogo79

112. Posted:

@WaveBoy
Little Samson for 80$?
that game hits for 250$ mostly these days. i guess yer not talking ntsc
about Ducktales 2 and Chip 'n Dales 2: everyone says what Tasuki said
and you can get a cib repro of Sweet Home online:
http://www.timewalkgames.com/index.php?main_page=product_info...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

113. Posted:

I have Chip 'n Dale 2 because I lucked out and won it for about $10 a few years ago, DuckTales 2 I imported a Famicom cart. Looks like DT2 FC still shouldn't be more than $25 shipped (which if you want to play is still a lot better price than NES. You don't really need to be able to read, I don't think? and unless the GB version has spiked lately it should only be a few bucks if you want a cheap way to play the game.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

114. Posted:

Who's played Evo? I'm a tootsie pop sucker for Dino's and wondering if I should be like the merchant from RE4 and but it at a high price?

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

115. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Who's played Evo? I'm a tootsie pop sucker for Dino's and wondering if I should be like the merchant from RE4 and but it at a high price?

Untitled

i think you should get it. it will be another one for the collection.
as for me im up to no good again, snooping around ebay waiting to strike for ninja gaiden trilogy...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Ryno

116. Posted:

Do you have a copy OGO? Definitely seems collection worthy. The cart usually goes around for at least $80.00.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

117. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Do you have a copy OGO? Definitely seems collection worthy. The cart usually goes around for at least $80.00.

no i actually almost bought it though lol
i was watching a play through of it a while back

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Ryno

118. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Ryno wrote:

That is funny you were looking at that game recently. There is a schmuck on Ebay trying to sell a complete copy for $2500.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

119. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Ryno wrote:

That is funny you were looking at that game recently. There is a schmuck on Ebay trying to sell a complete copy for $2500.

i seen that 2500$ one too. thats schmucking at its finest

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

120. Posted:

voulg160 wrote:

The price disparity between PAL and NTSC is pretty annoying for games like this. I see it often with SNES games, too - the NTSC version will be going for a low price for a CIB copy, while the PAL version is sometimes several times the price.

It makes it pretty hard to build up a PAL collection sometimes!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.