Forums

Topic: Collector's Corner: The Rare and Expensive Video Games Topic

Posts 101 to 120 of 214

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Who's played Evo? I'm a tootsie pop sucker for Dino's and wondering if I should be like the merchant from RE4 and but it at a high price?

Untitled

i think you should get it. it will be another one for the collection.
as for me im up to no good again, snooping around ebay waiting to strike for ninja gaiden trilogy...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

Do you have a copy OGO? Definitely seems collection worthy. The cart usually goes around for at least $80.00.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Do you have a copy OGO? Definitely seems collection worthy. The cart usually goes around for at least $80.00.

no i actually almost bought it though lol
i was watching a play through of it a while back

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

Ryno wrote:

That is funny you were looking at that game recently. There is a schmuck on Ebay trying to sell a complete copy for $2500.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Ryno wrote:

That is funny you were looking at that game recently. There is a schmuck on Ebay trying to sell a complete copy for $2500.

i seen that 2500$ one too. thats schmucking at its finest

the_shpydar wrote:

Wheels2050

voulg160 wrote:

Skies of Arcadia the cheapest copy ive found is $90 Australian

The price disparity between PAL and NTSC is pretty annoying for games like this. I see it often with SNES games, too - the NTSC version will be going for a low price for a CIB copy, while the PAL version is sometimes several times the price.

It makes it pretty hard to build up a PAL collection sometimes!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Ryno

So, I just saw this sealed copy of Contra Force up for sale $7500! Anybody played this game? If so, how is it?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

So, I just saw this sealed copy of Contra Force up for sale $7500! Anybody played this game? If so, how is it?

Its totally crap if you ask me. First off its a Contra spinoff. You deal with terrorists rather than aliens. Originally it was suppose to be a game called Arc Hound but for some reason it was cancelled in Japan and Konami decided to release it in NA as Contra Force (probably thinking it would sell better with the Contra name rather than the Arc Hound name). I didnt like it iirc the game play was different than other Contra and SUper C. It kinda reminded me more of Metal Slug than Contra.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

just something i came across and wanted to share it, not my pic...but im glad i got my copy
Untitled
now from my mouth:
first one is a ntsc repro of the real ntsc prototype, second one is a famicom pirate version that starts you with 30 lives, the third one is the real famicom version with the sunsoft FME 7/SUNSOFT 5 memory mapper chip that basically adds three extra sound channels only found in that specific cart and 5 pal copies that pretty much act like the first two versions in the picture.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Kaeobais

That thing looks like Bub from Bubble Bobble.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

e-love

I wish I had a Super Nintendo

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

KingMike

Hopefully I will soon get "Carby"-loaded with very likely the rarest game featuring the scary pink marshmallow, Kirakira Kids for the Super Famicom.

(and I do have to wonder how one person managed to get six real copies of Mr. Gimmick.)

KingMike

Kyloctopus

Apparently Tatsunoko VS Capcom is so rare to find these days that one man had to go to a retailer in Tenasae to get one (This man lives in Toronto, Ontario)
Meanwhile, it's $10 at the Capcom Store.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Hopefully I will soon get "Carby"-loaded with very likely the rarest game featuring the scary pink marshmallow, Kirakira Kids for the Super Famicom.

(and I do have to wonder how one person managed to get six real copies of Mr. Gimmick.)

do you know of Majyuuou for Super Famicom?
check that one out

the_shpydar wrote:

sejan

I've been gaming for most of my life, but I hadn't started collecting until a few years ago. My collection is decent, but not amazing by any means. I have about 125 NES games. 11 CIB Metroid, Megaman, Megaman 6, and a few others that aren't hardly worth mentioning. I have the full set of .hack G.U. games mentioned earlier all complete in box. I have Final Fantasy 7 CIB. Alex Kidd in Shinobi World CIB. Zelda OOT gold cart.

My best recent purchase lately was a Sega Saturn, Sega Nomad, and about 10 Genesis games for $13.

All in all, my collection is about 10 consoles and 350 games worth a few thousand if I ever decided to sell.

sejan

KingMike

Last week I got a semi-grail.
Takahashi Maijin no Boukenjima IV, cart only for about $53.

Something I didn't win (or even bid on, knowing it would go above what I'd want to spend on a single game). Fire Emblem Thraccia 776 Deluxe Pack. I always wondered what one of these would fetch on auction. Looks like about $160. Seems kinda strange Nintendo would give buyers of the Deluxe edition a flash memory cart rather than a ROM cart.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p43...
Another game I was watching but expected to go above my budget was the Wild Guns clone Great Battle V for Super Famicom. I knew it was a bit rare but $167 (complete) on auction! o_O
Mentioned a couple posts above, I saw Majuuou also on auction. At $188 for a copy with box, manual, and a cart with a torn warning label, I'm going to have to pass.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p43...

KingMike

ogo79

Kid Klown for nes just shot up recently, i knew it right when i went for a second copy, and Sqoon is slowly but surely going to make it too. i predict Kickmaster isnt too far behind either...

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

Really? I thought $30 was a bit high already, hoping I could find a deal. Not now.
As to Sqoon, I was kind of iffy on whether I wanted to buy the Famicom cart at even something like $5. So, paying even for the NES cart is unlikely.
(though I know Irem was one company to use EEPROMs instead of ROMs in very early carts (though later prints of the same games used ROMs). I wonder if Sqoon is old enough to be part of that. (definitely 10 Yard Fight and Zippy Race, their first two games). Again, only affects FC games. All licensed NES carts were made by Nintendo and used normal ROMs.

I was kind of thinking KickMaster would eventually, slowly but surely the later Taito games are creeping up in price. So that's why I grabbed it for about $12 or so. I grabbed Jetsons when you could get it buy-it-now for $20 easy. Even then it seemed an anomaly among the other late-era Taito games that were already expensive (Little Samson, Panic Restaurant, Bubble Bobble 2, Power Blade 2 and Flintstones 2).
Jetsons was released in 1993, after LS, PR and PB2 but before BB2 and F2. KickMaster was probably the last release before all of the expensive games.
I think the last before that was Flintstones 1. And that's been pretty steady around $10 for some time.

Though I do remember one emulator saying it had to hack around an issue with KickMaster freezing after fight the second boss (win or lose). Most likely a form of copy-protection, have to wonder how that would affect the value of original copies.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Its totally crap if you ask me. First off its a Contra spinoff. You deal with terrorists rather than aliens. Originally it was suppose to be a game called Arc Hound but for some reason it was cancelled in Japan and Konami decided to release it in NA as Contra Force (probably thinking it would sell better with the Contra name rather than the Arc Hound name). I didnt like it iirc the game play was different than other Contra and SUper C. It kinda reminded me more of Metal Slug than Contra.

I'd like to back him up on this. The gameplay wasn't just different, it was terrible. There were 4 guys you could choose from, and upgradable weapons for that are different for each character. That sounds cool and all, but there's so much slowdown, the level design of even the first level (which I could never beat after a bazillion tries) was awful, and some of the weapons weren't very useful IIRC. I think you also had a life bare and only one life. for the entire game, but I could be confused there. Overall, it's just not worth the money at all...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.