Retro Forum

Topic: Collector's Corner: The Rare and Expensive Video Games Topic

Showing 201 to 220 of 220

AuthorMessage

Karakato

201. Posted:

Already posted it in the retro purchase thread but I recently acquired a Wonderswan Crystal for a trade value of $60. Had to give away one of my figures for it but it's worth it. The only flaw is that dust easily enters the screen which means I have to remove the casing to blow away the dust :|

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

202. Posted:

Algus wrote:

Man speaking of Metroid Prime Trilogy, what's up with the huge prices on a lot of out of print games for Gamecube and Wii? Guess there's a lesson to be learned here and I'll have to get the good stuff for the Wii U as it is coming out. Nintendo will always be popular with collectors I suppose.

Don't think the current situation will be the same. People who just want to play it can get digital if the prices are unreasonable.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Ryno

203. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I did pick up Fire Dogs around then because I knew that was a rental-only game so I picked it up impulse buy for like $20 (cart only), even though it's hard to say if people even wanted to pay that.
Though I think so far the only rental-exclusive game people really care about is Final Fight Guy.

How many Ren & Stimpy video games were there? :P I loved that show as a kid but I never wanted to play a video game version. Wasn't *Hagan*e a rental exclusive too?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

204. Posted:

I believe there were four on the SNES: Veediots, Time Warp, Fire Dogs and Buckeroo$.
I think Buckeroo$ was the only NES, a couple on the Game Boy. Sega made one for the Genesis I think which could be haflway-decent, maybe (since THQ wasn't involved).

I'm not sure if Hagane actually was. I know FFG and R&S:FD are the only ones listed as rental-only in Nintendo Power. Eek the Cat was listed as rental-only but others have said it later got a retail release (I have a cart and manual, the manual has warranty info which I'd think be unnecessary for a rental game). The only other I'm sure of is Clay Fighter: Tournament Edition which was made especially for a Blockbuster tournament (so the game was released there a couple months before so people could play it for practice). 3 Ninjas Kick Back was listed RO in GamePro but it seems the game came with a poster (which, like the box and manual are now insane collector items), which also would seem unneeded for a RO.
Unless they plan to rent the poster! (idea for ogo) :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

205. Posted:

I have an unlicensed Tengen Gauntlet for NES cartridge (no box). How rare are those black unlicensed Tengen NES carts?

Also, reading through this thread, some other games I saw mentioned as being rare that I have are Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Conker's Bad Fur Day. All of those games I have the box and instruction manuals and everything.

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

KingMike

206. Posted:

Tengen games are pretty common. It's only Tetris that's kind of rare (because it will recalled a month after release, but it sold pretty well that one month it was available).
I don't think Xenoblade or Metroid Prime Trilogy are as rare since GameStop reprinted them (and after the price-gouging controversy they slowly dropped it back to the real price).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

207. Posted:

Untitled
coming to an RDL program near you

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

208. Posted:

I don't know there, ogo, I think you might be making an assumption Americans have heard of Spectrum. :P
(even Commodore was probably not well known by modern gamers on VC)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

209. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I don't know there, ogo, I think you might be making an assumption Americans have heard of Spectrum. :P
(even Commodore was probably not well known by modern gamers on VC)

:*

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

210. Posted:

I've heard of that game ogo posted. Publisher Firebird even went as far as encouraging people to pirate it! I need to get a Spectrum emulator to see how bad it really is (can't be any worse than Action 52).

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

ZukutoBen

211. Posted:

I just bought the PAL version of Twilight Princess on Gamecube.I know it's rare but how rare is it really.I bought it in CEX for £48 and I'm thinking of selling for more like maybe £55 but I took the cover sleeve out and there are a few tears that I didn't notice till I took the sleeve out.It came with the Manual and everything and the disc is working perfectly soo far.

ZukutoBen

Twitter: DAFTB3N

AuthorMessage

Octane

212. Posted:

ZukutoBen wrote:

I just bought the PAL version of Twilight Princess on Gamecube.I know it's rare but how rare is it really.I bought it in CEX for £48 and I'm thinking of selling for more like maybe £55 but I took the cover sleeve out and there are a few tears that I didn't notice till I took the sleeve out.It came with the Manual and everything and the disc is working perfectly soo far.

What's the point in buying a game if you're going to sell it right away?

Octane

AuthorMessage

ZukutoBen

213. Posted:

I am going to fully play it but want to make a profit after I'm done with it if I want to sell it. £48 is alot of money for a old game that I have played before on the Wii.

ZukutoBen

AuthorMessage

Octane

214. Posted:

ZukutoBen wrote:

£48 is alot of money for a old game that I have played before on the Wii.

I don't think it's reasonable if you complain about that, with the intention to sell the game for even more.

Octane

AuthorMessage

ZukutoBen

215. Posted:

I wasn't preparing to buying this game though but I thought heck I live once and I do want to play this game on the Gamecube.I can't really afford to spend that much money on a game that was pre owned and in that condition.Really they should've charged £40 because the cover wasn't in all that great condition for what I'm paying for.To me it's like asking someone which Windwaker they'd rather have if they have both consoles and were offered A copy of Wind Waker Pre Owned or Wind Waker HD for the same price as the pre owned one.Wouldn't you rather have the improved version since it's brand new and better and there is no risk of it not working.

ZukutoBen

AuthorMessage

Shane76

216. Posted:

my most valuble game is a mint boxed Conquers bad fur day with instructions, I don't even like the game lol. Will sell it when the time is right.
I

Shane76

AuthorMessage

Ryno

217. Posted:

Shane76 wrote:

my most valuble game is a mint boxed Conquers bad fur day with instructions, I don't even like the game lol. Will sell it when the time is right.
I

The time is now and I will give you $25 for it.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

218. Posted:

Shane76 wrote:

I

i sure dont care for the game either but forget @Ryno.
upping bid to 26$

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Shane76

219. Posted:

Ok Ryno and Ogo I will get right on it lol!!!.

Shane76

AuthorMessage

Shane76

220. Posted:

I don't have many games that are rare but I have built a little special console collection.
Halo green original Xbox
Red RE5 360
Starwars 360
Halo 4 360
Cod AW X1
Grape N64
Zelda GBA Sp
Pokémon Y 3ds xl
Zelda 3ds xl.
A Blue Wii
And the Metroid prime Gamecube jewel (cant forget that)

I hope the Big N release some nice special WII u consoles.

Edited on by Shane76

Shane76