Retro Forum

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Showing 181 to 200 of 294

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

181. Posted:

I beat Ghosts 'N Goblins for the hundredth time in my life sometime last week. It was awesome to be able to play "on-the-go" with my 3DS!!!

Untitled

"And, [Sting]! I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for long, long time, WOOOOOO!" -'Nature Boy' Ric Flair

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Emaan

182. Posted:

That's a real cool picture zerkieeee :D

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

moomoo

183. Posted:

Does beating Halo 2 on legendary count? I was playing it in preparation for Halo 4. Anyways, I've been playing Mega Man X lately, so I'll be beating that soon.
@bezerker99 HOW?! You are crazy, man. I do not have the patience for ghosts and goblins, that's for sure.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

184. Posted:

I don't have a problem beating Ghost 'n Gob's once, but Twice to get the "happy ending'? You can forget about it bud! :p
Props Bezerker. But if you wan't a real NES-challenge, try beating Adventure Island. ;) If you can.... than you might actually be worthy of kissing my Merman feet. lol

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

185. Posted:

Just beat Mega Man 2, I hate Wily Stage 4... Freaking Crash Bombs... Anyway, all through my 15 tries at the final boss, I regretted wasting that E-Tank on Woodman... Should have just taken the death...

And so, now I have to play Mega Man 3, which is even harder...

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

186. Posted:

WaveWitch wrote:

I don't have a problem beating Ghost 'n Gob's once, but Twice to get the "happy ending'? You can forget about it bud! :p
Props Bezerker. But if you wan't a real NES-challenge, try beating Adventure Island. ;) If you can.... than you might actually be worthy of kissing my Merman feet. lol

Adventure Island is a horrid NES game that should go jump into a fire. And not just because it's difficult.

"And, [Sting]! I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for long, long time, WOOOOOO!" -'Nature Boy' Ric Flair

AuthorMessage

ogo79

187. Posted:

oh boy this is about to get good!
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

188. Posted:

MJ :*

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

189. Posted:

@Bezerky

I wouldn't say it's horrible. Not great by anymeans but it's a fairly medicore to decen't platformer. Is it.....A little too much for ya? :D :p Stage 8-2 is the ultimate test for retro platforming....Haven't experienced an NES platforming stage tougher than this! Took me hours to finally complete it. :o People(The few on this site) seem to be proud of being able to beat Ghosts 'n Goblins, and they should be. But beating Adventure Island is a whole new ball game. This little Hawaiin Jungle Romp takes an enormous load of determination, surfer sweat and pixel precision.

I Wonder how Amagon(It's just a matter of me blasting it in my NES to see for myself! Maybe I will tonight if I finish my playthrough of Legend of Zelda.) fairs in terms of challenge. Ninja Gaiden III and Castlevania III are pure Evil as well. And then there's that smelly & dreaded Fester's Quest....That impossible pile of proto man dookie. :p A run button would of been nice....Fester's slower than a turtle(not of the TMNT variety hehe) on Ecto Cooler Life support.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

190. Posted:

Untitled
Metroid - NES
Ahhh, Metroid.. Lacking a map forcing us Tots and Grownies to draw Out our own epic mondolicious maps as we gradually progress through the atmospheric 8-bit corridors of Planet Zebes was a bit of a grueling frustrating inconvenient experience, but nevertheless Nester, this is one of the best NES games out there IF you can look past that annoying shortcoming. The Final battle between Mother Brain shall forever be enbeded in my head combined with it's pulse thumping grotesque SFX and the 'abandon ship' moment that came right afterwards. :D OR entering Kraids Lair and hearing those haunting mesmorizing tunes play for the first time. This shall forever be one of my most cherrished 'Revenge' NES experiences! Same goes for Double D! B-)

You're Next Metroid II.....In Decemeber....When i finally get a 3DS XL. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

191. Posted:

Untitled
Legeond of Zelda - NES B-)

finished this one up yesterday. This is the 2nd time I've blazed through Hyrule and it was just as great as ever...The first time i experienced LOZ was back in 89', 3 years late but it's not my fault considering i haden't quite grown into my mega mullet yet. ;) Even then i didn't get too far because LOZ wasn't exactly my type of game back then, i was more of a Mario & Mega kind of guy, platformers/action games were high priority! I'll never forget the first dungeon and it's haunting & hypnotic eerie chip tunes, Or Dadongo the goofy trycaritops(Totaly spelt that
wrong hehe) and his vivid blue cobra filled dungeon.

This game was pretty ground breaking during the time, a one of a kind 8-bit revolutionary experience it twas' The reason why I played through this one again(it's been quite a while) so i can fully appreciate the amazing 8-16 bit transition of ALLTP in full force, which i didn't get enough hands on time during the time where instead i watched my best friend play it here and there. It looked absolutely amazing in comparison to the original B-)

I wish i had a CIB copy with the MAP especially. But that lovely radical
shiny Golden Cart will have to do for now hehe.

Now, if you'll *EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSe ME Princess!" :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

192. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

I beat Ghosts 'N Goblins for the hundredth time in my life sometime last week. It was awesome to be able to play "on-the-go" with my 3DS!!!

Untitled

It's what I'm here for!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

193. Posted:

@Wavey, I plan on finishing up my The Legend of Zelda over the next few days! :O

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

194. Posted:

I was gifted StarTropics last year around this time of year but only recently got a change to play it.

Untitled

OMG, what a great game! I rented this growing up and had fun with it but never had enough time to beat. Soooo thankful Nintendo released this on Virtual Console.

Things got a bit hairy in Chapter 7 there. :sweat:

Now, excuse me while I go get these bananas out of my ears.

Edited on by bezerker99

AuthorMessage

ogo79

195. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

I was gifted StarTropics last year around this time of year but only recently got a change to play it.

Untitled

OMG, what a great game! I rented this growing up and had fun with it but never had enough time to beat. Soooo thankful Nintendo released this on Virtual Console.

Things got a bit hairy in Chapter 7 there. :sweat:

Now, excuse me while I go get these bananas out of my ears.

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WildMan

196. Posted:

Castlevania N64

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

197. Posted:

StarTropics > The Legend of Zelda

*Beat StarTropics on the Wii's VC last year, easily one of the best NES games out there. My only dissapointment(mild if that) was the final area and the boss that accompined it. It was kind of....Mindless and sloppy compared to the rest of this finely polished extremely challenging colorful adventure!
Mikes Jones needs to make a return baby! Forget Ness, Mikey' was the 'True' Yo Yo master. ;)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Emaan

198. Posted:

I've always wanted to play Star Tropics. :O

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

199. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I've always wanted to play Star Tropics. :O

And you are waiting for?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Emaan

200. Posted:

@Ryno, just haven't gotten around to getting it.

The Emaaloggery