Retro Forum

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Showing 201 to 220 of 285

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

201. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@Ryno, just haven't gotten around to getting it.

It must be hard to when you have a fresh n' funky Wii U hot out of the King Koopa oven. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

202. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Forget Ness, Mikey' was the 'True' Yo Yo master. ;)

watch it jackwagon!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

203. Posted:

@Wavey, precisely!

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

ogo79

204. Posted:

finally beat holy diver for nes...had to use a game genie, and i challenge anyone to attempt it.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

205. Posted:

@Ogo79

Holy Diver Batman! :p I'm guessing you got a fan made cart considering it's a JPN release only? I'll definitly check out some YouTube videos of it online to see what al of this hootanany' is all about. How hard would you rank it next to Ghosts 'n Goblins? BTW out of Cool-Spot curiosity, have you beaten Silver Surfer?

As for retro gaming, i'm going to take on Mega man X2 next on the Wii's VC, something shorter, yet sweet. I need to get this quazi-mediocre Rayman origins
bad taste out of my mouth. Sorry kids, it takes more than gorgeous dazzling breath taking OMFG graphics to win me over. while half the soundtrack comes off sounding like artsy fartsy latino chipmunk music . :p I can't believe this game is getting the praise that it's getting. It HAS to be the visuals/art direction and sound, because the gameplay just aint all that. it just lacks variety, it gets very repetitive, there are hardly any suprises, the fun factor just isn't quite there and the majority of the time it feels like a complete chore. II guess I just want to finish it to form a proper opinion or just to say i've beaten it.

Some of the bosses towards the end are pretty solid, at least idea/humor wise. But this game is just uninpsired in terms of game design. It feels stale, and i don't even feel compelled to play it. I'm just about finished though so i might as well trudge along before throwing this overrated boogerin the Wavemysters bargin bin of Waldo Mania. B-)

Don't let me down Donkey Kong Country returns!

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

206. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Don't let me down Donkey Kong Country returns!

Not to worry Wavey, DKCR is wonderful!

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

207. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ogo79

Holy Diver Batman! :p I'm guessing you got a fan made cart considering it's a JPN release only? I'll definitly check out some YouTube videos of it online to see what al of this hootanany' is all about. How hard would you rank it next to Ghosts 'n Goblins? BTW out of Cool-Spot curiosity, have you beaten Silver Surfer?

i beat the repro cart, but some games, i have the repro cart and the original famicom/super famicom game :*
its harder than ghosts n goblins, its much faster too. there are so many factors that make this the most difficult game ive ever played period.
the enemies are really aggressive and fast, some will jump up from endless pits they fall in and still cause trouble. some enemies will run across the next screen and follow you. some of the one ups in the game are in lava that you have to take damage in order to get. when people say stuff like "i didnt think this game was possible to beat" and stuff like "rejected in america because the testers said the game was too hard" i already knew what i was getting into. it plays like castlevania too. i had attempted holy diver for so long, i took a break and beat castlevania 1 on like my first try i ever made at it. i had a feeling id have an advantage at cv1 and i was right lol, those arent games you beat first time playing. for silver surfer, ive never had the desire to play that one...

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

ogo79

208. Posted:

just beat midnight resistance for genesis, go team game genie!

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

ogo79

209. Posted:

just beat predator 2 for genesis as well, lets hear it for invincibility passwords!

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

210. Posted:

@Emaander'

It better be! I'll admit, I was never a huge fan of the DKC SNES games, but Retro Studios as we all know can do no wrong. If all else fails I've still got to play Kirby's RTDL and A Boy & his Blob as far as 2D Wii platformers go. Wario Land shake it! is still KING of the 2D Wii platformers imo. B-)

@OldGamesOnlyness

You should be absoTootly' ashamed of yourself Mr. GennyCheater. :P I bet that sense of reward was practically non exsistent when you managed to cheat your way through both games. lol What would Uncle Pixels think. tisk tisk*

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

211. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@OldGamesOnlyness

You should be absoTootly' ashamed of yourself Mr. GennyCheater. :P I bet that sense of reward was practically non exsistent when you managed to cheat your way through both games. lol

i was actually waiting for you to tell me that.
i just got a wild sense, sometimes ill do that to get to the next game, i want to see the ending to all my games, i dont use the game genie much though, the few times i have, ill mention it here when i do use it...
actually for predator 2, as damn hard as it is, i beat it back in the day fair and square as a rental, that gives me a little face value

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Ryno

212. Posted:

Apparently this thread has become the Wave and ogo show. :P Surely people have beat some rad (and maybe not so rad) retro games lately? Anyway, I recently beat Mega Man X2. Eh, it was alright. I prefer the classic Mega Man's myself.

Here's some other beauty's I have beasted in the last few months:
Run Saber
Sparkster (SNES)
Knights of The Round
King of Dragons
Final Fight 3

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Emaan

213. Posted:

Untitled

Subcon ahoy~

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

214. Posted:

Untitled
Spent some time doing buster only runs and perfecting my skills in this classic.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Ryno

215. Posted:

Hey! What do you know? 3 titles with the number 2 (sequels) in them in a row! @Emaan & @CapnPancakes: excellent choices by the way.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

nocode

216. Posted:

Super Mario World!!! yes I know pretty lame...but I hadn't done a full run in that game for at least 10 years now... and I was feeling nostalgic this past weekend.

nocode

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2314-1034 | Nintendo Network ID: nocode

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

217. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@WaveBoy
Amagon was cool just hard...im workin on Earthbound right now, i played like 5 hours thursday, 7 hours friday and 8 1/2 hours tonight
so i wont be taking it out the ol mini snes until it gets beat

earthbound does that to you. once you pop you just cant stop.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

218. Posted:

I just beat Gargoyles quest, fun game.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

219. Posted:

Yikes, it's been a while!
Castlevania: The Adventure B-)

Untitled

I can't believe Nintendo Life scored this with a measily 2 Star rating...Too difficult for ya? I'd personally give it a 7 and nothing less! Sure, climbing down the ropes(II: Belmont's revenge improves on this by adding in the slide mechanic) moves at a snails pace and yes Christopher Belmont is feeling a little extra slow and sluggish these Skelarific days. But i have the perfect explenation for this...He's burnt out from eating all of that tasty wall Meat. ;) Take a look around, there's no meat to be found. Now you know why! Also, Stage 3(Scrolling Spike death pit from hell)is one of the most challenging and memorable stages I've ever experienced in a Castlevania game. This stage will punish you. Grade A platforming, patience and a bib to whipe away those man tears are required folks!

Anyhoo, overall I'd say it's a pretty decent effort considering this was a first Wave/89' gameboy title, and people really need to take that into consideration. It plays slightly slower than the NES Castlevania's, there's no secondary weapon, only 4 stages and some may get butt hurt that you lose your Strong whip once you get hit. Here' a tip, don't get hit! :p This game isn't that hard at all, aside from Stage 3 and the final battle against Dracula's 2nd Bat form. It may be the weakest traditional castlevania game, but it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. I had more fun with it than that overrated piece of portable fluff Super Mario Land 2, which boasts bland & mindless stage design with no thought or rythem, most likely created by a lab full of sleeping monkies.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

220. Posted:

@Wavey
Now I ca understand you liking Castlevania: The Adventure, but more than Super Mario Land 2? Even if you don't think SML2 is all that great, it easily beats Castlevania: The Adventure.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes