Forums

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Posts 201 to 220 of 340

BearHunger

I seem to be the only person on this planet who likes the A to shoot, B to jump mapping on the GameCube controller. Oh well, more giant A button mashing for me.

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

StarBoy91

You're not the only one, BearHunger. I personally had no issue with the control setup of the GameCube version and I could handle it just fine (though yeah, I will concede that the control setup is awkward considering how the original games had their controls set up); I'm not saying it's the best choice, but it does work if you allow it to (also, going at a slow and steady pace will get you farther). I could play through the first six Mega Man games just fine, and for the most part Mega Man VII is manageable... until you face Dr. Wily's second form where the difficulty spikes on you, and unless you're careful and have enough energy tanks you're basically screwed. Normally I don't like to play SNES games with the GameCube controller (due to how awkward and offputting it feels), but for the first two Mega Man X games on Mega Man X Collection and Mega Man VII I can manage them just fine (I suppose the reason for that would be that, aside from the shoulder buttons, you only need to use either two or three buttons and not all of them, which to me is fine). To each their own though, I understand why others wouldn't feel the same: the GameCube controller just had the unfortunate case of its action buttons being designed different as opposed to feeling comfy and even like the PlayStation and Xbox controllers.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Tasuki

@WanderFan91: Yeah I will admit the I got use to the button swap rather quickly too when I played the AC on the Gamecube and honestly it was just as I said a bit annoying when you go walking off into a pit shooting lol. Now since I dont have a working Gamecube the only way I can play them is on my 3DS or if I want to drag out my NES but I am able to go back to the original button setup pretty easily.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

he wont use that code...hes gonna tell you hes a traditional player and only non skilled players use these codes
ill use em in heartbeat if i got to.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

BearHunger

Back on April 20th I beat Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure. Runaway Minecar is like Rug Ride, except you have to win! And you can't just keep pausing in the Genesis version, because you have to hold the Start button down for a bit each time. At least the game gives you plenty of continues (one continue per life, because it's easy to collect 50 coins before it really gets hard).

On Friday I beat Donkey Kong Land. What a bizarre game that proves to be. Flying pigs? Bouncy tornadoes? And these are before the game gets weird.

Then today I beat Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, my avatarsake. I only got 18% clear, though! How many secrets does this game have? Am I supposed to get Pac-Man killed in new and intriguing ways, perhaps?

EDIT: I just tried this out: I am supposed to get Pac-Man killed to raise the percentage! Apparently the percentage is not affected by passwords, so that explains why mine was so low. I guess I gotta devote some time to this game later on in order to get the goods.

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Falchion

NES remix convinced me to break out my NES and play some Zelda II. I have played it many times but never beat it. Today that has changed, I beat dark link and thunderbird today. Finally! I started playing it last Monday, so only 7 days and about 10 hours.

I love this game, much better than the original in my opinion. The RPG elements and more tactical enemies and exploration based castles make it awesome! This is actually only the second nes game i beat, the other one being Startropics.

Falchion

ogo79

just beat p.o.w. prisoners of war on dat nintendo.
waiting on virtual console!?
aint nobody got time for that!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingCreezy

Just went through Adventure Island 2 again. I've been in love with that game since the early 90's when my grandma bought it and we played through it.

KingCreezy

Nintendo Network ID: kingcreezy

ogo79

just beat little nemo the dream master for nes. i used to play this one when i was young and had a score to settle with it. thats another game under my belt finished. one of the more harder nes games by a looong shot. i wonder how many people here beat it...

the_shpydar wrote:

the_shpydar

@ogo79
I keep meaning to pick that game up. I completely forgot to grab it when i was at the retro shop today.

Meanwhile, i guess i'll throw my "recent beaten retro games" here ...
Ys III for SNES - the Genny version is better, but the SNES version is easier. The game's not too hard to begin with, except the final boss ... at least on Genny. The final boss on SNES is almost laughably easy, unless you're drunk (in other words, it wasn't until i was playing it hungover on a Sunday morning that i beat it )

Also, Ys V for SNES (translated SuperFami rom-cart). This game is almost too easy; no wonder that they released "Ys V Expert".

And Castlevania III. Beat it with Syfa as companion; going to shoot for a Alucard-playthrough next.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

@ogo79
I keep meaning to pick that game up. I completely forgot to grab it when i was at the retro shop today.

Meanwhile, i guess i'll throw my "recent beaten retro games" here ...
Ys III for SNES - the Genny version is better, but the SNES version is easier. The game's not too hard to begin with, except the final boss ... at least on Genny. The final boss on SNES is almost laughably easy, unless you're drunk (in other words, it wasn't until i was playing it hungover on a Sunday morning that i beat it )

Also, Ys V for SNES (translated SuperFami rom-cart). This game is almost too easy; no wonder that they released "Ys V Expert".

And Castlevania III. Beat it with Syfa as companion; going to shoot for a Alucard-playthrough next.

yeah nemo is underrated, and tougher than a 2$ steak.
thats how i beat castlevania 3 as well, with sypha. supposedly the "real" ending.
i mean because if you look close you can see trevor fondling sypha like theres no tomorrow with his "whip" sticking out after she reveals he is a she and trevor tells her to cut out the cross dressing BS because thats not how the belmonts get down...
Untitled
not up in here...
"sypha had a bad life, but since meeting trevor she is beginning to feel more comfortable"

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

unrandomsam

I played Castlevania 3 with just Trevor. Killed Alucard but didn't accept (Didn't know what it was going to do and it was on the Wii VC and I didn't want to start again).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

ogo79

just beat kid klown in night mayor world for nes
obscura rareica gamus

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

oh i forgot to add kid klown has some really good music and is a later nes game. figured id share this: not sure who else besides @KingMike probably knows this is based off the famicom version which is mickey mouse 3 dream balloon.

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@WaveBoy
dude i just found the perfect youtube channel for you. pretty good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkl8fDdGBINZIhvZrd2BjMw

I think Waveboy is more of a 80's dude while I am more of the early 90's type. I will have to check that channel out.

90-93 were definitely happening.

But, for me personally...The fashion, cartoons, commercials, horror movies, introduction of terrible CG movie effects and music(then again, i felt like it went downhill during the beginning of the 90's or even the late 80's.) including the onslaught of manufactured cringe worthy 'pretty boy' BOY bands during the mid(circa 96-99, actually it didn't stop until the early 2000's) to late 90's , including the spice girls, Backstreet boys, NSync, britney spears ect, were terrible times imo....The late 90's were Darker & bland, such a huge massive departure compared to the amazing, highly imagnitive & wonderful early 90's. it was night and day.

I'd rather take rollerSkates(70's/80's) over Roller Blades(90's)
Time to boogie!

if i dont have to wear clothes, you can count me in on the roller skating. thats a certified fact

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@WaveBoy
dude i just found the perfect youtube channel for you. pretty good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkl8fDdGBINZIhvZrd2BjMw

I just found a better one.

thanks for that, i subbed him.

the_shpydar wrote:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.