Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 241 to 260 of 340

Knux

I'm trying to convince people to buy a much superior console and avoid a console with too many technical problems. Tell me how the Xbox 360 is better then the PlayStation 3, than we will talk.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Tails

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I'm trying to convince people to buy a much superior console and avoid a console with too many technical problems. Tell me how the Xbox 360 is better then the PlayStation 3, than we will talk.

Go on Wii Speak plz?

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

J-Man

I know that the Xbox 360 can breath.

J-Man

Knux

Tails86 wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Go on Wii Speak plz?

I'll be on after I eat.

Knux

Firkraag

I mistook your username for being 9 years old and not 19, forget about what I said.

Either way, even if I did own a 360 I wouldn't care what a fanboy had to say about it anyways, so you'r barking up the wrong tree.

Edited on by Firkraag

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

Stuffgamer1

Those two newer videos make a valid point, I think. There's only one 360 game not on PS3 he didn't mention as being a 360 exclusive (Alan Wake), so I guess that means it's on PC. But even the Wii finally has a much larger list of exclusive titles that should appeal to core gamers than the 360! Which brings me to the point that Blackbuster is a PS3/Wii fanboy, not just PS3. As such, I think his opinion should hold at least somewhat more water with us at Nintendo Life, as there aren't too many people outside this site arguing the PS3/360 war while still liking the Wii.

I bought a 360 before I got a PS3, back in April 2007. At the time, the PS3 was NOT worth having. Times have changed, and my opinon of the consoles with them.

Also, the RRoD issue is NOT gone, it still keeps cropping up just as much as ever around Gamestop. It'll be another couple years before Microsoft can get all the crappy consoles out of circulation, assuming the new ones are really as good as they claim in the first place.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

CanisWolfred

ballkirby1 wrote:

I think PS3 fans make themselves feel better by saying it is better then the 360 because they know they made the wrong system choice. As you can tell I like the 360 better but I really don't hate the PS3 (Alright maybe a little) it is just way to expensive.

Lets hear it for hypocricy, folks.

He is on the right track, though: console wars always start because people don't want to feel like they made the wrong choice. If everyone would just stop being envious and just concentrate on what they already have, we wouldn't have to endure these blasted console wars. Or you could just get all 3 systems, preferably 1 at a time, and preferably when there's a pricedrop.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Adam

Mickeymac wrote:

console wars always start because people don't want to feel like they made the wrong choice.

Let's hear it for baseless generalizations, folks!

The original poster has both systems, so it's not like he made the wrong choice. I personally played both systems before buying either. Some people like to argue for argument's sake. Some feel an odd need to defend their console. Some have an even odder hatred for the opposite console's company. Some actually are trying to convince others to make the better choice (just the same as people arguing over a game's review). There are lots of reasons to participate other than feelings of shame.

I can understand how it would seem pointless to someone outside the thread, so I don't blame anyone for the many comments like this that we get, but those participating know why they're arguing, and that's really all that matters. It's a discussion like any other on this forum, and there's no need to turn it into something unworthy of discussion by painting the discussants as ashamed consumers.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

The_Fox

I miss the Dreamcast days when that systems supporters would troll almost every message board talking about how awesome Sega was and how it was kicking the crap out of the PS2 even as their system painfully died. Good times. These days, though, all three systems have at least some claim to being the best and the console "wars" are far less entertaining.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Knux

The biggest console war ever was the Super Nintendo VS the Sega Genesis. Ah, those were the good old days...

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Adam

This pretty accurately depicts most conversations I had with Genesis owners back in the day. I actually ended up getting a Genesis as a gift, but I basically just played the Sonic games, too, and even then wasn't really that impressed by them in comparison with the two Super Mario Worlds.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AlexSays

Mickeymac wrote:

console wars always start because people don't want to feel like they made the wrong choice.

And that's wrong.

This has become one of the most annoying assertions thrown around on gaming sites. It's like a way of wanna-be elitists taking a jab at those debating over consoles.

The idea that people criticize other products because they're trying to justify their purchase, and it's impossible to legitimately dislike a product, is absolutely laughable.

More than absolutely laughable. Like as laughable as laughable can get. Especially when those participating in 'console wars' have the console they're criticizing, like I often do with the Wii.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Bahamut_ZERO

@SuperSonic: I gave you many reasons why I prefer the 360. And we talked
@stuffgamer: RROD is gone with new consoles. If you go to Gamestop or eBay and buy a used/refurbised, it may get RROD. But if you go buy a brand new Xbox, it will not get RROD (aside from the 0.3% chance).

Bahamut_ZERO

Stuffgamer1

@SuperSonic1990: Didn't seem that way to me, but I was homeschooled and the internet hadn't evolved yet. For me, it was Nintendo. Really, I had only a passing knowledge that the Genesis even existed. None of the friends on my street had one, at least.

@Bahamut ZERO: Where did you get that number? I sincerely doubt the odds are really THAT low now. If they are, I'll have the crappiest luck ever if/when my current 360 (received from Microsoft in February this year) RRoD's. I know the thing doesn't really seem to run any better/cooler now than before, anyway. Maybe I'm just biased, since I've had two RRoD's since I bought my first 360 Elite in April 2007. That does leave an impression on you, y'know.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AlexSays

I'm almost positive the .3% is for the PS3.

I'd like to see a link for that one.

Edit: Actually Sony says it's as low as .02% but they're probably being a little generous. Either way, I highly doubt the new 360's are under 1%.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Stuffgamer1

A quick search revealed that the new boards are still at about 16 or 17% failure rate for the 360. That's bad.

Firkraag

AlexSays wrote:

Especially when those participating in 'console wars' have the console they're criticizing, like I often do with the Wii.

You don't believe that for real do you? I'm willing to bet that the majority of kids having these discussions only have 1 of the consoles and that it's not the target of their criticizing.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

Stuffgamer1

@Firkraag: It does seem to me that most of the console war infantry is made up of people with little-to-no experience with the console they're dissing. Not always, but definitely the majority.

The_Fox

AlexSays wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

And that's wrong.

This has become one of the most annoying assertions thrown around on gaming sites. It's like a way of wanna-be elitists taking a jab at those debating over consoles.

The idea that people criticize other products because they're trying to justify their purchase, and it's impossible to legitimately dislike a product, is absolutely laughable.

More than absolutely laughable. Like as laughable as laughable can get. Especially when those participating in 'console wars' have the console they're criticizing, like I often do with the Wii.

No, it's actually pretty valid. Have you actually seen most discussion boards that have had this argument break out? Sure, some people have deeper reasons but a good chunk of gamers that have one system tend to develop a case of Us vs. Them.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.