Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 1 to 20 of 340

Knux

These videos made by the BLACKBusterCritic proves that the PlayStation 3 is much better than the Xbox 360.

Video 1:Controllers, Blu-Ray, and Linux.
[youtube:sIYwOSUYND8]

Video 2:Internet Browser and Hardrives.
[youtube:1UQMKYhRDFE]

Video 3:The PlayStation 3 have more exclusive games then the Xbox 360.
[youtube:RA-06XIDrLs]

Video 4:The PlayStation 3's Playstation/Folding@Home feature.
[youtube:R_U6K7fTAQs]

Edited on by Knux

Knux

fudgenuts

The only reason I want a PS3 is for Linux, as it adds so much more to the PS3. Also for MGS4, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Infamous, and much more. Maybe if they drop the price to $300 I will pick one up.

Leap before you think!
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/samsam12
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/fudgenuts64

metakirbyknight

And one word proves the 360 is superior- cheaper. I don't own either but the price is the deciding point for me.

Stalk me on my Twitter.
Proud Homebrewer.

SonicMaster

LittleBigPlanet! I CAN"T WAIT to get a ps3. It has so many good games, and I'm really looking forward to getting littlebigplanet.

SonicMaster

Stuffgamer1

metakirbyknight wrote:

And one word proves the 360 is superior- cheaper. I don't own either but the price is the deciding point for me.

Did you even watch these videos? In order to get a decent running 360, it is guranteed to cost you MORE than a PS3. $100 for wireless, absurdly expensive hard drives, etc. And with the base unit, you get what you pay for. A very basic concept of economics.

This guy does an exellent job of making these points; far better than I could. The idea that the 360 is "superior" in any way is simply absurd! Now, I do like my 360, sure...it has its uses. As a downloadable games lover, I have quite a lot of 360 exclusive games. But I'll take it on PS3 given the chance, no doubt about it!

I've always found the lack of an internet browser from Microsoft to be hilariously ironic. The one company with a game system that makes its own web browsers, and it's the only one that doesn't have a browser on its console. I watched all of these videos on my PS3, actually!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

changeup

Djungelurban wrote:

Two words: Team ICO.

Best post of tread, imo.

Mario Kart Wii friend code: 4682-9182-0528. I race under the name JC.

Jockolantern

Ditto what Djungelurban and changeup said. There need be only one reason why the PS3 is better than the 360 at this point in time: The Last Guardian.

Jockolantern

Adam

fudgenuts wrote:

The only reason I want a PS3 is for Linux, as it adds so much more to the PS3. Also for MGS4, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Infamous, and much more. Maybe if they drop the price to $300 I will pick one up.

I wish I had known this when I first got the PS3, but I didn't realize it until well after I'd downloaded a ton of games. I need to stop putting it off or it'll just be even more games to redownload, though at this point I'm not even sure if I'd have hard drive space for an extra OS plus games.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Xkhaoz

If I had to choose between a PS3 or a 360, PS3.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

The_Fox

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

metakirbyknight wrote:

Did you even watch these videos? In order to get a decent running 360, it is guranteed to cost you MORE than a PS3. $100 for wireless, absurdly expensive hard drives, etc. And with the base unit, you get what you pay for. A very basic concept of economics.

This guy does an exellent job of making these points; far better than I could. The idea that the 360 is "superior" in any way is simply absurd! Now, I do like my 360, sure...it has its uses. As a downloadable games lover, I have quite a lot of 360 exclusive games. But I'll take it on PS3 given the chance, no doubt about it!

I've always found the lack of an internet browser from Microsoft to be hilariously ironic. The one company with a game system that makes its own web browsers, and it's the only one that doesn't have a browser on its console. I watched all of these videos on my PS3, actually!

. You do realize that you don't NEED the wireless, right? Because you seem confused on that. As for the hard drive, that depends on your model and needs, of course. To insist every gamer needs the 120GB hard drive is assuming a bit much. I do admit I'm a little pissed off about the lack of a browser, but that isn't too big of a deal.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

The_Fox

Djungelurban wrote:

Two words: Team ICO.

Yes, their MASSIVE list of games they've released for the system means thats a big factor.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

dangermouseuk78

I dont own either the 360 or ps3 i have owned one of the older consoles at a point in time but neither of these are of interest and the thing that tickles me the most is little big planet im not say it is or isnt a good game as i have never played it, but what i will say is if sackboy had of been a wii game how many would of been sayin its a kids game.

Edited on by dangermouseuk78

dangermouseuk78

rustythekid

geeks.... what would we do without them

rustythekid

warioswoods

is better than

better than

Otherwise we end up with a rather odd two-topic headline: Why the Playstation 3 is better. Then, the Xbox 360!

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

touffeboy

It's stupid Xbox 360 it's better than Ps3 just with gears of war and Left4dead loll xD Ah yes, Oblivion and Mass effect ^^

And the graphics is equal on 360 and Ps3, just a little bit of difference.

I look gameplay in a game, not graphics.. _

touffeboy

metakirbyknight

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

metakirbyknight wrote:

Let me make a shopping list for a 360.
Assuming my console only comes with the basics-

• Xbox 360 Arcade- $200
  • Wireless Adapter- $77
  • 60 GB Hard Drive- $70
  • Total- $314

Verses the $400 PS3, plus this stuff is cheaper used. 360 vs. PS3, 360 wins price wise, the PS3 wins power wise. And as a Nintendo fan I don't give a crap about power.

Stalk me on my Twitter.
Proud Homebrewer.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.