Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 321 to 340 of 340

Stuffgamer1

@Bahamut ZERO: And why is that? All 360's should have the same warranty, far as I know...

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

MoogleMuffins

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Bahamut ZERO: And why is that? All 360's should have the same warranty, far as I know...

It used to be 1 year warrenty. But due to all the problems and complaints Microsoft recieved they changed it to a 3 year warrenty.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Knux

lz2009 wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@clicketyclick: I really meant the sticker in general, which includes the power consumption numbers you were talking about. I don't really know which part of it he read.

@Bahamut ZERO: How can your 3-year warranty be about to expire already? Besides which, I saw something tucked away on Xbox.com that said they'd repair RRoD for free even after that 3-year period. As far as I know, when you ask for an RRoD repair, they don't even ask you when you bought it or anything, they just file the repair request.

I don't much like the thought that Microsoft, having seen that they impressed me with high customer service once, would decide to crap on me the second time THEIR product broke down during normal use. It wouldn't surprise me if that was so, given that we're talking about Microsoft, but still... NOT COOL!

When I e-mailed Sony about a bad wire on my PS2, which was still under warranty, it took them two weeks to respond telling me that I needed to call them. Then it took them three hours to answer my call and said that they would charge me for a replacement. I don't understand why they would be so cheap as to not replace one audio wire for free.

Because Sony is money-hungry too. They also think that the PS2 can compete against the Wii for some stupid reason.

Knux

Adam

Perhaps because it's sold more than any other console ever? Just a thought.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Objection

No.1 reason why PS3 is better than the 360: It doesn't Red Ring. Thank you, have a good night.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Bahamut_ZERO

@Locke Cole: When? Cause the Gamestop employee said my max warranty was 1 year.

Bahamut_ZERO

Knux

weirdadam wrote:

True, but the Wii is WAY more poweful than the PS2. The PS2 cannot live forever, and most of the games coming out for it are medicore. I think the PS2 could die in 2-3 years, if not sooner.

Knux

Adam

More powerful, yes; way more powerful, no. PS2 was about on par with the Gamecube, and Nintendo said the Wii is only 1.5x as powerful as the Gamecube. The PS2 could sell systems for a couple more years on its back catalog alone, regardless of how mediocre new titles supposedly are.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Bring_Back_Pluto

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

True, but the Wii is WAY more poweful than the PS2. The PS2 cannot live forever, and most of the games coming out for it are medicore. I think the PS2 could die in 2-3 years, if not sooner.

2-3 years huh? I don't even think the ps3 and 360 and WII have that much life left in em...
So you saying ps2 rules over all systems?
You said it I didn't. LADIES (or lady) AND GENTLEMEN (noobs) we have a nonbeliever of the wii here! Everyone let's meet up with Bahamut zero for the daily torch sale!

Wii FC: 5412 0162 6187 3594
Brawl FC: 0517 4738 5514
Why do I want to bring back Pluto? Cuz the 8 others bullied it and I don't approve of bullying and I am here with this pointless movement to remind people of how (in)significant it really is!

Stuffgamer1

@Bahamut ZERO: It is my understanding that you bought your 360 new, yes? If that is so, you were misinformed by a know-nothing Gamestop employee. A sadly common occurence, as all regulars around here should already know, yourself included. I suggest you never, EVER take a Gamestop employee's word as fact without outside confirmation unless you know him/her to be trustworthy from past experience.

@Adam: Actually, the Gamecube WAS more powerful than the PS2, but not by all THAT much. I don't have the stats for you, but I do know for a fact that the PS2 was the weakest hardware of the generation. Look it up if you're curious.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Adam

I'm not, but thanks.

Come on, friends,

clicketyclick

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Adam: Actually, the Gamecube WAS more powerful than the PS2, but not by all THAT much.

That's right! They actually had to scale back RE4 when they ported it from GC to PS2. The PS2 couldn't handle the GC game's water, lighting, and other graphical effects.

Bring+Back+Pluto wrote:

2-3 years huh? I don't even think the ps3 and 360 and WII have that much life left in em...
So you saying ps2 rules over all systems?
You said it I didn't.

No, I'm pretty sure that's just what you think.

Now Playing: Bioshock

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Wii is still going strong i'd say it could last a couple more years

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Knux

weirdadam wrote:

More powerful, yes; way more powerful, no. PS2 was about on par with the Gamecube, and Nintendo said the Wii is only 1.5x as powerful as the Gamecube.

Have you've seen Monster Hunter 3? That game looks so amazing, that even Nintendo was shocked. My friend Chatham told me that Monster Hunter 3 look amazing, and it is all on a single-layer disc! I'm NOT joking! Monster Hunter 3 is around 3.9 GB, while Super Smash Bros. Brawl is around 6 GB. The Wii is WAY more powerful than what has been thought, but developers [including Nintendo] have been too lazy to actually make an impressive game as Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii. When Monster Hunter 3 is released in America, people are going to buy the Wii in droves.

Knux

SMEXIZELDAMAN

that game sure is pretty but the gameplay and story is what counts for me

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

The_Fox

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

More powerful, yes; way more powerful, no. PS2 was about on par with the Gamecube, and Nintendo said the Wii is only 1.5x as powerful as the Gamecube.

Have you've seen Monster Hunter 3? That game looks so amazing, that even Nintendo was shocked. My friend Chatham told me that Monster Hunter 3 look amazing, and it is all on a single-layer disc! I'm NOT joking! Monster Hunter 3 is around 3.9 GB, while Super Smash Bros. Brawl is around 6 GB. The Wii is WAY more powerful than what has been thought, but developers [including Nintendo] have been too lazy to actually make an impressive game as Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii. When Monster Hunter 3 is released in America, people are going to buy the Wii in droves.

If you're talking about graphics alone, then no, a title that still looks worse than games on its competition isn't going to make anyone get a Wii. Talking about Monster Hunter in the US, I doubt the property will be a system mover here.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Adam

I think the game looks like utter crap (graphically -- I have no idea what the game play is like), personally, but it's irrelevant. I am going by Nintendo's own words that it is is only 1.5x the power of the Gamecube. Sure, there are some great looking games on Wii, but there also were on Gamecube and PS2, and the difference is not earth shattering.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

WolfRamHeart

I think it will be interesting to see just how well Monster Hunter 3 does in the US. Unfortunately, I highly doubt that we will be seeing it selling anywhere near as well as it is in Japan. Dragon Quest IX and Monster Hunter 3 may be system sellers over in Japan but sadly it is not the same case here in the United States.

WolfRamHeart

Bahamut_ZERO

Monster Hunter 3 is pretty for sure, but that's pushing the Wii to the max. Even then it's worse than CoD, MGS4, Uncharted 2 (best real-graphics EVER!!!), Assassin's Creed, Gears, etc. Those games don't even push the other systems to their limit!

Bahamut_ZERO

Knux

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

Monster Hunter 3 is pretty for sure, but that's pushing the Wii to the max. Even then it's worse than CoD, MGS4, Uncharted 2 (best real-graphics EVER!!!), Assassin's Creed, Gears, etc. Those games don't even push the other systems to their limit!

I think Metal Gear Solid 4 has the best video game graphics ever. I need to play that game soon.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.