Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Showing 221 to 240 of 342

AuthorMessage

Adam

221. Posted:

I think the main arguments have been the greater number of true exclusives, free internet, and better hardware reliability, actually. I didn't notice much talk at all about advance tech specs except for a few comments about Blurays greater storage capacity, which is quite true, and Kojima himself said it would take too many discs on 360 for MGS4, at least at the time.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Firkraag

222. Posted:

I have to ask a few questions, what do you get out of this discussion? Why do you have to tell yourselves that the other console is worse then what you have?

Do you guys and girls regret buying your console that much?

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

AuthorMessage

Knux

223. Posted:

Here is more PS3 VS Xbox 360 related BlackBUSTERCritic videos.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Adam

224. Posted:

There's no feeling like a little better-than-thou, I know, but if you don't enjoy debate for debate's sake, there is no need to look down your nose at participants in the thread. I don't think anyone here is saying he regrets buying whatever console he has. Some people enjoy duking it out, for whatever reason. You don't have to.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Firkraag

225. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

There's no feeling like a little better-than-thou, I know, but if you don't enjoy debate for debate's sake, there is no need to look down your nose at participants in the thread. I don't think anyone here is saying he regrets buying whatever console he has. Some people enjoy duking it out, for whatever reason. You don't have to.

I'm just curious at why people argue so much over a topic like this. The reason I said you regret buying your console is because why else do you need to tell yourself and others that the other one sucks.

360 and ps3 is like apples and oranges, you can't really compare them. It all boils down to which exclusives you like the most, and nobody can tell anyone else that their exclusives suck because taste is totally and completely individual. If someone told me today tetris 2000 on the Jaguar 64 is the best game ever, who am I to argue? It's simply not up to debate.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

226. Posted:

Firkraag wrote:

So everything consumers dislike, they really regret purchasing.

Gotchya. lol

Ricardo91 wrote:

Wow, I must be the only one who realized he was MOCKING 360 fanboys...

If that's true then you are the only one.

It seemed to fit right along with the few of his posts I've seen.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Adam

227. Posted:

Yea, I don't understand comparing the quality of titles, but that's not all the conversation is about, fortunately. Comparing features and price is more objective, and amounts of exclusives.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

228. Posted:

how much is ps3?

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Adam

229. Posted:

The cheapest new PS3 you'll find is $400.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Firkraag

230. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Firkraag wrote:

So everything consumers dislike, they really regret purchasing.

Gotchya. lol

I didn't say everything now did I? I said consoles and the ones who come on here and whine about the other 'sides' console.

Why don't you leave the 'war' up to those who benefit from it, Sony and Microsoft.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

231. Posted:

Firkraag wrote:

I didn't say everything now did I? I said consoles and the ones who come on here and whine about the other 'sides' console.

Why don't you leave the 'war' up to those who benefit from it, Sony and Microsoft.

People 'whine' about all kinds of products. People don't dislike competition because they secretly regret the side they're on.

And competition, or the 'war', drives the other to do better, consumers benefit.

Every thread needs the ol' "oh arguing is just so silly" person though, so feel free to stay.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Firkraag

232. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

People 'whine' about all kinds of products. People don't dislike competition because they secretly regret the side they're on.

And competition, or the 'war', drives the other to do better, consumers benefit.

Every thread needs the ol' "oh arguing is just so silly" person though, so feel free to stay.

I'd like to argue the opposite, consumers benefit more by being critical towards their own choice instead of a console which they don't own and do not plan on buying.

It's nice to know you appreciate me being here, I don't need your permission to stay though.

Edited on by Firkraag

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

233. Posted:

AlexSays touch your nose!
Alexsays say happy birthday!
Spin around three times. Aha you lose! :D

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Bahamut_ZERO

234. Posted:

@Adam: I can respect you arguing. I too would argue against people who say "PS3 sucks!" because it doesn't. They'r eboth equal in my eyes, and I respect what you're doing. Keep at it soldier :)

@Firkraag: Well, first things first, arguing is fun.......and....um.....that's about it.....

And this BlackBUSTER guy really is pissing me off. I mean, he has some valid points, but seriously. I mean, it's clearly biased against the 360.

Speaking of which, anyone else love laughing at the clear 360-bias-ness of GameTrailers. Makes me lol :D

Bahamut_ZERO

AuthorMessage

Adam

235. Posted:

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

AlexSays touch your nose!
Alexsays say happy birthday!
Spin around three times. Aha you lose! :D

I find myself wanting to know more about this post.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

236. Posted:

Firkraag wrote:

I'd like to argue the opposite, consumers benefit more by being critical towards their own choice instead of a console which they don't own and do not plan on buying.

It's nice to know you appreciate me being here, I don't need your permission to stay though.

A few people here are critical towards the consoles they own, but that's not what the thread is about.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Firkraag

237. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

A few people here are critical towards the consoles they own, but that's not what the thread is about.

This thread is about some brainwashed guy on youtube who probably masterbates to his PS3 day in and day out, he has nothing relevant to say at all he's just spewing propaganda. It has viral ad written all over it.

That's not why I'm here, if I wanted to study advertising or propaganda i would do so elsewhere, i'm more curious about what makes the average fanboy tick, why it's so important for them to know their console is 'the best', why knowing for yourself is not good enough but you have to make everyone agree with you as well.

Edited on by Firkraag

AuthorMessage

Bahamut_ZERO

238. Posted:

Firkraag wrote:

This thread is about some brainwashed guy on youtube who probably masterbates to his PS3 day in and day out, he has nothing relevant to say at all he's just spewing propaganda. It has viral ad written all over it.

I agree with you on that, but arguing is fun. We're content with our consoles, just arguing is fun.

Bahamut_ZERO

AuthorMessage

Adam

239. Posted:

Yea, the thread began about some Youtube videos, but hardly anyone is still talking about those. I for one haven't even watched them and don't care to. We're almost exclusively discussing our own opinions now. The time to complain about those videos is in the past.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

240. Posted:

Firkraag wrote:

That's not why I'm here, if I wanted to study advertising or propaganda i would do so elsewhere, i'm more curious about what makes the average fanboy tick, why it's so important for them to know their console is 'the best', why knowing for yourself is not good enough but you have to make everyone agree with you as well.

You can't always rely on the original post for the actual topic. That's what the topic creator posted but the thread has evolved into much more throughout its 12 pages.

And that's something above and beyond video games. People that love their consoles want other people to think the same, that's simple. History shows people have always wanted others to think the same. Whether it's religion, politics, actual wars start over this stuff.

If you want to find out the definitive reason as to why people want others to think the same way, you're not doing yourself a favor by trying to find the answer on a gaming site.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Sorry, this topic has been locked.