Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 3,310

irken004

I played the demo of Tomb Raider Legend and... well... I caved in and bought it.

But I'll beat Anniversary before I play it.

I need more money D:

irken004

You can get Arkham Asylum and LEGO Batman for $20 for midweek madness. I highly recommend them both.

fpssoviet

ima get teraria soon then you guys could add me at salty1264

This is my new account my old one is salty1264. I joined in juin 2010 on my other account so im not a new member. Steam: se' salty1264

V8_Ninja

Hey, is anyone having problems downloading some games, specifically E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy? I've been trying to download the game for the past several days but the download is always getting suspended whenever there's less than one megabyte left to download. I've sent in a ticket for Steam support, but Steam support takes forever and I probably won't get anything too useful out of them.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Ravage

V8_Ninja wrote:

Hey, is anyone having problems downloading some games, specifically E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy? I've been trying to download the game for the past several days but the download is always getting suspended whenever there's less than one megabyte left to download. I've sent in a ticket for Steam support, but Steam support takes forever and I probably won't get anything too useful out of them.

Have you tried changing download regions?

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

V8_Ninja

On The Topic Of Downloading E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy:

Fun Fact #1: To AVG Free 2012, EYE.exe is considered a false positive (translation: "AVG considers the game a virus.").

Fun Fact #2: AVG Free 2012 moves whatever it thinks is a virus to its virus vault. However, the file doesn't show up in said vault unless you restart your computer.

Fun Fact #3: Trying to download a Steam game from a specific computer and then transferring those files to another computer is a huge waste of time.

On The Topic Of Saving/Spending Whatever Money You Have Left:

Today's deal is Astro Tripper, which I am constantly tempted to call "Astro Stripper". It looks interesting enough, but I have too many games in general to finish, so I'll just wait for the Christmas Sale.

Ravage

Couldn't you have just disabled your AV to install the game? Or download it, depending on when it catches the files.

V8_Ninja

@Ravage The problem is that AVG quarantines a virus if its in the virus vault, so you can't download it again unless you restore the file. And don't worry about it, I'm able to play the game now thanks to restoring the file and telling AVG is was a safe file to run.

Ravage

I'm not seeing many games on sale... The Dead Space Pack is on sale and that is about it.
Nevermind. I have found the sales

Edited on by Ravage

V8_Ninja

I'm not sure how Terraria and Rock Of Ages are considered "Eerie" games, but saving money is saving money! Also, the Penumbra Pack is pretty enticing...

EDIT: Also, some might want to look closely at the "Dead Horde" banner.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

irken004

I also see that LIMBO is only 25% off I was hoping for a bigger percent off.

komicturtle

Times like these where I wish I had a PC over a MAC

komicturtle

irken004

KomicZ wrote:

Times like these where I wish I had a PC over a MAC

There's some mac games on there, like the L4D games and I think Bioshock?

komicturtle

One wall down. The next is dinero. Which I have none

I can see Bioshock being compatible since I think it's on the Mac Appstore, but Steam doesn't have Borderlands for MAC when the App store does and I would have bought it for $7 over the summer D:

Well, maybe they'll have a thanksgiving sale or how about the christmas sale where I heard there were loads of deals last year.

All hope isn't lost!

komicturtle

irken004

KomicZ wrote:

One wall down. The next is dinero. Which I have none

I can see Bioshock being compatible since I think it's on the Mac Appstore, but Steam doesn't have Borderlands for MAC when the App store does and I would have bought it for $7 over the summer D:

Well, maybe they'll have a thanksgiving sale or how about the christmas sale where I heard there were loads of deals last year.

All hope isn't lost!

True, the Christmas sale would be your best bet.

_mikero_

I was hoping for a bigger sale on Limbo too. Nothing else that I'm really interested in.

Hopefully, the tf2 halloween update will be today.

_mikero_

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.