Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 16,083

IceClimbers

@Octane What month should The Last Guardian launch in? I feel like October/November would be too crowded. Early September, perhaps?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

WebHead

@Octane well like I said Sony doesn't normally release games in the November-January period.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead Well of course the main reason for that is 3rd parties. Don't want anything to be competing with games like CoD.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Gamer83 Reveal and release this year? Possibly, but I still think it's less likely than Horizon as a holiday game.

@IceClimbers September / early October I think. Although they don't have anything for Summer either. Gravity Rush 2 could be a August / September game, but we would've heard more about that game if that was the case.

Octane

NinjaWaddleDee

@JaxonH Did you play the previous Uncharted games?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Peek-a-boo

WebHead wrote:

Great year for PS4 so far. Dark Souls 3, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Overwatch, and more already nevermind the rest of the year with Mirrors Edge, No Man's Sky, FF XV, Battlefield 1, etc.

"Greatness Awaits." This is definitely the year PS4 really lives up to that slogan.

Yeah, 2016 has been a fantastic year so far for the PlayStation 4.

Makes up for the lackadaisical first eighteen months, even though the likes of Resogun, The Last of Us Remastered, inFAMOUS: Second Son and Driveclub were (and still are) worth playing.

In less than five months, I have bought and played The Witness, Gravity Rush Remastered, Firewatch, Unravel, Street Fighter V, Salt and Sanctuary, MLB The Show 2016, Dark Souls III, Alienation, Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

The sheer amount of quality and quantity in equal measure is brilliant!

My Wii U hasn't been turned on for months and, after the disappointment of Quantum Break, especially from a renowned studio too, I don't feel like I am missing out on not owning an Xbox One either.

Peek-a-boo

JaxonH

@NinjaWaddleDee
I have the Collection but haven't touched it.

I'm now on Ch. 9 and sure enough, loving the game quite a bit now. The gameplay is still rough around the edges a bit compared to Rise of the Tomb Raider, but it's not bad. I've adjusted to it.

The story and presentation are top notch, that's for sure.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Peek-a-boo
I haven't had that great a lineup, but still a decent lineup on the PS4 front. Since the new year I've gotten

Dark Souls 3
Ratchet & Clank
Trackmania Turbo
Uncharted 4
Gravity Rush (even though I own it for Vita already)
Street Fighter V (even though the single player sucks and I shelfed it indefinitely)
Salt & Sanctuary

But Wii U hasn't been all that bad either.

Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Guard (seriously awesome game, doesn't get enough love)
Pokken Tournament
Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Xenoblade Chronicles X (technically 7 days into last year but, SUCH a great game)

And 3DS has been lighting it up too

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation
Bravely Second
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Sega 3D Classics (even though I owned them all digitally)
*SNES games up the yin yang- good ones too

Xbox One and Vita haven't contributed much. Severed for Vita was amazing, and Quantum Break was amazing, but that's it. One game each.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NinjaWaddleDee

@JaxonH As someone who is very much into the series, I highly recommend that you play at least 2 and 3. It would probably allow you to appreciate the game a bit more. Sorry if I sound rude. It would be like only watching episode 7 of star wars without watching the previous trilogy. The story would be enjoyable, but you would have no connection with the characters.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

Shinion

Am I the only one who really liked Far Cry Primal here? I thought it was great, and it's a shame that it doesn't appear to have captured peoples' imaginations like it did mine. It sold quite well by all accounts but it barley gets a mention even just a few months after launch.

I play on all the consoles I bought well enough because that's why I bought them and so I unfortunately can't join in the very exclusive club of people who buy things to end up not using them much. I feel like I'm the one doing something wrong whenever I read something like that lol.

Shinion

Dezzy

So Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece. Easily the best in the series.
It's got the same great pacing and action as Uncharted 2 but the environments are so much better than anything we've seen before. It's obviously still quite linear but they've made quite a few of the areas feel semi-open world. The madagasgar part and the boat part are both incredibly enjoyable.

The story's also a bit more serious than before, which is a nice change.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Gamer83

@NinjaWaddleDee
Definitely agree that those who have been with Uncharted from the first game can enjoy it more. There's a scene very early in the game, don't want to spoil anything but I'm sure you know which one it is, that I think can only be truly appreciated by the long-time fans. It definitely struck a chord with me anyway, being a big fan of 1-3 and Golden Abyss.

@Dezzy
I'm having a hard time deciding which I like the best between 2 and 4. The story in 4, both for Drake and company, as well as the pirate story in the background, is better and I also think the gunplay and platforming is quite a bit improved. The pacing is better in 2 and there were some more memorable set pieces. The part where the plane chases Drake and Chloe through the building and the tank chasing Drake through the village in 2 are two of my top 3 favorite moments in the entire series.

Gamer83

NinjaWaddleDee

@Gamer83 I know what you're talking about. I teared up throughout the entire game pretty much. I would consider this game to be like the Toy Story 3 of Uncharted games. A masterpiece for anyone that is a fan or grew up with the series.

JaxonH

@Gamer83
Ah there you are. Rarely see you on N-Life ever.

So I'm on Chapter 12 now, I think? Just had the craziest car chase scene, and this stupid tank with a machine gun that must have killed me 5-10 times now throughout the game... stupid tank.

I'm really enjoying it now. It's weird. I didn't take to TLoU at first, then after playing a few hrs I loved it. Same here. At first I was like, meh, controls feel clunky, started off slow, etc... But now I'm just loving it. Much better than TLoU imo. Love the little comments they make.

"I'm definitely telling my shrink about this one"

"You have a shrink?"

"No, but I will after this"

Gamer83

@JaxonH
Yeah, I've always enjoyed the banter in these games. Little touches like that in a game add to it. The stories have always been as much about the relationships between Drake and Sully, Drake and Elena and the other supporting cast as much as the stories behind the treasures they're hunting. I also like this game more than The Last of Us. TLoU is an amazing experience and I'm a huge fan but it's actually quite depressing at the same time. Uncharted has always been good, light-hearted fun, which is most certainly needed sometimes.

Gamer83

Gamer83

@NinjaWaddleDee
Never saw Toy Story 3 but going by how people I know reacted to that movie, I'd say it's an apt comparison. I posted on PushSquare, and I stand by it, that this feels like a lover letter to Uncharted, you can tell the people who worked on this game care as much for this world as the players, which is pretty neat. It's been nearly a decade with the characters and it's tough to say goodbye, but sometimes it's good to go out on a high note rather than drag a series through the mud (see Resident Evil). I can't think of a better send off for Uncharted than this game. I want to talk more about it over at PushSquare but I also want to wait a bit because a lot of people are still going through it for the first time and it's not cool to spoil things.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

I'm up to the little island hopping boat trip in Uncharted 4 (chapter twelve, I believe?) and I witnessed something that blew my mind.

If you shine a torch at someone's ear in real life, you can see the transparency of your skin; it has a soft pink/red hue.

As if Naughty Dog thought that the amount of attention to detail in this game wasn't enough already, they decided to implement such a thing. It is something that only 1% of players will spot themselves and is a such a small thing to make a fuss about, but they did it anyway!

The game seems to have its own weather system too. The wind affects the direction of the waves, or the ripple of the sea. The trees never sway in a repetitive motion. The sun shines its rays through every nook and cranny. Nathan has exposed chest hair that reacts to the wind... I mean, what other game cares to do all this stuff?

I agree with Gamer83 in regards to Uncharted 2 and 4.

The much improved gunplay and the serious but still somewhat lighthearted story along with the sheer attention to detail makes me choose Uncharted 4 and yet, some of the set pieces in Uncharted 2 remain the pinnacle of the series. I also thought the baddie was the best baddie too, even though the last boss was a bit ho-hum.

I cannot stop gushing over this game!

And by the way, Gamer83, you should REALLY watch Toy Story 3 one of these days. It is an incredible film.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

I'll get around to watching it someday. It was one of those very rare movies that impressed all my friends who saw it. Most times, their opinions are split.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

@Gamer83 I am still fond of the first Toy Story more than the following two, but Toy Story 3 is as good as a conclusion as you ever dreamt of, especially the lingering closing shot. It makes me feel both happy and sad thinking about it!

On the subject of Uncharted 4, it has been officially announced that the fourth game has outsold Uncharted 3 first week sales in the UK by two thirds. It also outsold Halo 5 and every other first party game so far this generation too.

Well deserved!

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo Not 100% sure here but I'm guessing that Pokemon sold more than 200,000 in its opening week? Is that the case? Or does that not count?

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic