Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 16,083

Peek-a-boo

Not overly sure myself. As far as I am aware, Halo 5 and Mario Kart 8 were the best selling games for their respective platforms, and Uncharted 4 has sold quite a bit more than them.

I'm just pleased to see their hard work rewarded!

Peek-a-boo

NinjaWaddleDee

@Peek-a-boo Outsold Halo eh? Outstanding. This game deserves all of the praise it gets. I'm still deciding if I like this game more than 2. Right now, I think I do like it better. I like that the levels are more open, without having an open world, and I like that there is more adventuring and platforming than shooting in Uncharted 4. On the other hand though, I Uncharted 2 was my first Uncharted game back in 2009, and it was my second favorite game of all time since then. I've replayed it countless times in high school. So if I'm looking past the nostalgia factor, I'd say 4,2,1,3 in terms of my favorite to least favorite.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano

I'm glad all those delays of Uncharted 4 seems to have paid off and gives me a small bit of hope Zelda U/NX will be good.

Delays are an awkward entity as sometimes they can really improve a game but if you delay too much it generally ends up complete trash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinjaWaddleDee

@Gamer83 Toy Story 3 had a definitive ending that played on your nostalgia for the characters, and it was also definitive. Similar to Uncharted 4.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Individual

Has anyone played a recent release called The Park? If so, what did you think of it?

Individual

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0957-8341 | Nintendo Network ID: Ultimategamer132

Peek-a-boo

@Gamer83 Finished!

Took me 17 and a ½ hours to see through to the end, and I felt both happy and sad (in a good way!) whilst playing and watching the last twenty-odd minutes.

You can see why Naughty Dog says this is Nathan Drake's last adventure, and I especially like finding out about his name and its association with Francis Drake.

Man, every single game I play from here on out is going to be incredibly underwhelming...

Please don't read these spoilers until you have completed the game:

I don't know about you, but I was prepared for chapter 20 to be the last chapter, where Sully and Elena both say to Sam and Nate that it is time to leave the island (and the treasure) behind, which followed by a slow walk-and-talk back to the seaplane.

In fact, I would have been quite happy if it ended there and then, due to the whole 'one last adventure' mythos. It would feel like a very untypical way to end an Uncharted game too.

Of course, this doesn't happen, as Sam found the temptation to go to Avery's ship too strong after the cable rope bridge collapsed. And thus, Nathan follows his muddy footsteps along the way.

The last 'boss' was different, but I could see it being a source of frustration for some.

I only died once when Sam slides the sword towards you, as I thought it was a cutscene... which goes to show just how impressive the visuals truly are!

The last chapter was less bombastic than the previous three games, although I was quite relieved to see that there was no Spanish zombies, a Himalayan Yeti or supernatural forces. I kept waiting for 'something' to appear, but it never did.

Meeting Cassie in the epilogue was great! Nice to see an older Elena and Nate, and their dog too. I guess this implies that Cassie could follow in her fathers footsteps and have a story (and game) of her own?

One thing though; where did Nadine abruptly disappear off to? After trapping Rafe, Sam and Nathan in Avery's ship, we never see or hear from her again. A bit of ho-hum exit, I suppose.

I shall try and find out what all those little secret trophies are that I missed and stumbled by, and give myself an excuse to play through this magnificent game all over again!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

So, I'm a few hours (roughly 6 chapters) in to Uncharted 2 Remastered and... so far, I actually kind of like it. I definitely like the higher framerate, although this remaster isn't as solid as TLOU was (I've seen lots of weird little glitches in enemy movements and moments where the framerate seems to stutter). Outside of these issues, this is another game where I'm simply astonished that this used to be a PS3 game... it just looks so good. The plot thus far is typical summer blockbuster nonsense, although that's par for the course with Uncharted games.

I'm not too far in, so things might change, but what I like about the game so far is how well-paced it is. Instead of endless platforming and action segments, the plot seems to peddle along at a really steady clip. The game never dwells too long in one area. This really fits the more "cinematic" nature of this sort of game quite nicely. The game also opens on a pretty cool setpiece and sets up the flashback chapters quite nicely.

The only part of the game I was really unhappy with was a stealth segment early on. ND didn't seem to really figure out how to do stealth gameplay well until TLOU, and this whole segment was a drag. I'm hoping the rest of the game avoids this style of gameplay.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

Remember when some folks were not convinced by the exceptional visuals in the first teaser trailer for Uncharted 4?

Untitled

Untitled

It's all in-game footage! I really don't know how they did it.

I am currently replaying the game on hard mode after being disappointed by Star Fox Zero.

The combat is so much fun too!

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

diwdiws

@Peek-a-boo it really is beautiful!
just got this from eurogamer.. i immediately tried it myself after seeing this!

Untitled

Edited on by diwdiws

diwdiws

Octane

Yup, they've done it again. After The Last of Us, they set the bar for games even higher. The amount of detail in this game is absolutely ridiculous.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Hooray! Uncharted 4 sold 2,700,000 copies, worldwide, on its first week on sale.

Already outsold the likes of Halo 5 in its first month alone!

Very well deserved indeed.

Every time I play this game, the more and more I come to appreciate my time with it.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

I honestly would've thought sales to be a little better. 2.7 mil is not bad by any means but the game is awesome, was advertised heavily and there are 40 mil PS4s out there, I was expecting at least 4 mil.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

IceClimbers

Arggghh wanting to get Overwatch but other expenses are getting in the way.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tasuki

Pretty smooth launch for Overwatch. Of course it didn't start right at 4 but other then that haven't had any problems.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Sanquine

@Peek-a-boo Do you play any multiplayer?

PSNid= Sanquine90

3DS Friend Code: 1822-0847-4476

WebHead

Gonna be getting doom this weekend.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

JaxonH

Why is no one talking about the PS4's new top-rated gem?

No, not Dark Souls 3. No, not Uncharted 4. I'm talking about Valkyria Chronicles!

VC is now my favorite PS4 game of the generation. It has earned the right to sit side-by-side with the classics on my Fire Emblem hall of fame display shelf. It's earned it and then some. I am just in awe of how great this game is, and I really hope that every single person here with the console goes out and buys this game. It's so good.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

veeflames

@JaxonH Maybe because it's not PS4 exclusive? I have the game on my PC, but I haven't touched it yet... my brother definitely has, since it's already been downloaded and played a few times.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic