Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 16,083

Peek-a-boo

April NPD software sales:

01) Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
02) Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
03) MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
04) Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
05) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
06) Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
07) Quantum Break (Xbox One)
08) Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
09 NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
10) Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)

Untitled

Best selling Ratchet & Clank game in its opening month of ALL TIME, hooray!

The MLB series continues to do well for Sony and the MLB franchise, and in its second month too.

Quantum Break and Star Fox Zero are flops, especially the former with its hefty budget that they probably won't be able to recoup anytime soon.

The winner of the month is Dark Souls III; selling almost twice as much as Dark Souls II did in its first month two years ago. Apparently the PlayStation 4 attach ratio is a shy over two thirds (more than 66%), which is a lot for just one system!

May will be all about Uncharted 4, as well as DOOM and Overwatch.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo It's always good to see good games sell well. Who would've thought 10 years ago that a game like Dark Souls could a success?

Octane

WebHead

Yeah I definitely think #1 next month is either uncharted 4 or overwatch. And great for ratchet.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Shinion

Overwatch has gotta be the no1 for May, probably not in SKUs but I think despite being on sale for less time than Uncharted I don't think there's any way that it won't come first. The beta did literally unprecedentedly well, notwithstanding the fact that it's a new IP, though one developed by one of the biggest names in the industry. It's also really great and amazing though that of course doesn't count for much here.

As for this month it's yet again a bit samey, low hardware sales as always in April but only new one blockbuster, with Ratchet & Clank doing well. It will remain to be seen how selling less than 200k in their opening month will affect Remedy and Nintendo in relation to Quantum Break and Star Fox Zero. Though 'flop' is a very strong word for either of them, especially the latter which was a cheaply made game in a series that is never going to have mass appeal, and a divisive iteration on a 'dead' console. Looking at it that way, I'm shocked that it got 10th and 5th in SKU. You'd have to say that is better than a lot of people would've thought but * shrugs *.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

There are new leaks suggesting PS4 Neo releases in September.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

Any Brits think Uncharted 4 may drop in price?

I really want to play the game but I'm a little cheap...and seeing that you can get the original games for as little as £3 these days I think I may hold out (obviously not waiting for it to be that cheap, but £25ish would be nice!)

At least 2'8".

Shinion

@Buizel from the patterns that I've observed, you're usually looking at a minimum of one month before 'AAA' titles drop significantly in price, though for some lower tier ones and less appealing games, the drop in price is surprisingly quick in some cases (Battleborn is already £27 at one retailer I've seen like 2 weeks after launch!). For more appealing and successful games- like Uncharted 4- you will probably have to wait a while. I got Far Cry Primal for £30 in mid to late March and it was originally a February release, though dependant on the time of release even some very successful games drop in price quickly, I got Assassin's Creed Syndicate for £22 less than a month after launch (its usual late October slot) probably due to holiday sales, and there are probably other examples of this in effect.

Though I can say 100% I've not seen Uncharted 4 for less than £40 anywhere, I don't know what price you're after, but if you are hoping for £20-25 I'd say it is likely to take a month.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Octane

Not sure if my PS4 is an airplane or a gaming console, because it sure sounded like one when I popped the Uncharted 4 disc in the system.

Octane

JaxonH

Love Dark Souls 3. It's the type of meticulous gameplay I fell in love with when playing Monster Hunter. i-frames rock.

Ratchet & Clank is solid, and so far Uncharted 4 is meh, tbh. The controls feel rigid and stiff. But I didn't like TLoU either until I played a good chunk, so we'll see.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WebHead

@Octane told you guys. Fan whir city.

WebHead

Gamer83

I think after years of a launch day Xbox 360 I'm just desensitized to loud consoles.

Gamer83

WebHead

Great year for PS4 so far. Dark Souls 3, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Overwatch, and more already nevermind the rest of the year with Mirrors Edge, No Man's Sky, FF XV, Battlefield 1, etc.

"Greatness Awaits." This is definitely the year PS4 really lives up to that slogan.

WebHead

IceClimbers

@WebHead Agreed. Interested in seeing what the second half of the year will be like exclusive-wise. A bit of uncertainty, but should be cleared up after E3. Nioh looks pretty good. That's the only one I'm sure will come this year haha. World of Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo Sport should hit this year though. Not sure if Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, and The Last Guardian will hit this year.

As far as multiplats go, I'm curious about Ubisoft's slate. Are For Honor and South Park The Fractured But Whole launching this year or next year?

And what about Matterfall?

Stuff like that needs answered still. Should be a pretty darn good E3!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

I hope something like Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, or The Last Guardian drops sooner than later. I haven't turned my PS4 on in a few weeks.

I forgot about that new South Park game. If it's even half as good as The Stick of Truth, it'll be a fantastic little game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Gamer83

Definitely a great year up to this point. Gravity Rush Remastered, Ratchet & Clank, MLB 16 The Show, Uncharted 4 and next month Odinsphere, those are the top games for me so far this year. I'm also interested in the second half. I think we'll either get Gran Turismo Sport or a surprise like God of War (could be deep into development for all we know). I don't expect Horizon or Gravity Rush 2 but it would be awesome. Either way, this year for PS4 is a lot like 2009 was for PS3. Third full year on the market and finally starting get some truly great exclusives. The third party multiplats have been pretty good from day one.

Gamer83

Buizel

TheLastLugia wrote:

@Buizel from the patterns that I've observed, you're usually looking at a minimum of one month before 'AAA' titles drop significantly in price, though for some lower tier ones and less appealing games, the drop in price is surprisingly quick in some cases (Battleborn is already £27 at one retailer I've seen like 2 weeks after launch!). For more appealing and successful games- like Uncharted 4- you will probably have to wait a while. I got Far Cry Primal for £30 in mid to late March and it was originally a February release, though dependant on the time of release even some very successful games drop in price quickly, I got Assassin's Creed Syndicate for £22 less than a month after launch (its usual late October slot) probably due to holiday sales, and there are probably other examples of this in effect.

Though I can say 100% I've not seen Uncharted 4 for less than £40 anywhere, I don't know what price you're after, but if you are hoping for £20-25 I'd say it is likely to take a month.

Cheers. Yeah it's always a comprise between getting the game asap and paying less. It's possible I'll be playing it next month...I just hope things aren't spoiled for me in the mean time!

At least 2'8".

Octane

@IceClimbers At this point The Last Guardian has to come this year and I think it will. Horizon and Gravity Rush? I don't know, but I hope so. It's just that it's been a while since we've seen anything from those games. Now Uncharted 4 is released and E3 is coming soon, I think that we can expect more information on those games.

Octane

WebHead

@Octane Ido think Horizon and maybe GR2 will be pushed to early 2017. I think uncharted, LBP, and Gran Turismo are the only IPs Sony has faith in to release during the holiday season.

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead I still think that at least two out of three will release this year. The Last Guardian has the best chance, and I think that Gravity Rush 2 is probably coming as well. Horizon may get delayed, but it could also serve as their holiday title with the right marketing. I mean, what else is Sony releasing this year apart from those games and GT Sport?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic