Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 16,083

Haru17

FFFFAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT, BBBBOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

-Green-

Hype. I'll give it a shot.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ryu_Niiyama

Just picked up the order preowned at GS. Is it really the short tech demo everyone says it is? I figure for a 20 that isn't bad for a possible throwaway game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tasuki

So I just preordered Overwatch today, I can't wait for this game. Anyone else going to be checking it out?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

@Ryu_Niiyama: This website is CRAP when you hop from a single tab to another; why does this website always refresh when you return from another tab?!

Despite a slow paced introduction and an ending that throws more questions at you more so than answers, The Order: 1886 is a great game that doesn't outstay its welcome, and for $20, it is even better.

The game offers some great hefty gunplay, decent characterisation, a fairly interesting story but, above all, it is a visual tour de force, and is the best showcase of this generation so far.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Those are all realtime gameplay above. There's no other game that comes close.

Peek-a-boo

Blast

Tasuki wrote:

@Blast: I can only tell you how remote play works via Playstation TV since that's what I have. You have to have both systems connected to the internet and you turn both on. Basically Vita or in my case PSTV "mirrors" what's on the PS4 pretty much like the game pad does with games like Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U.

I am not sure what the range is for the Vita, or how well it works i.e. lag etc. But with my PSTV, I am able to play my PS4 in my bedroom while someone uses the front room tv and I get no lag what so ever. The biggest complaints I get with the Vita are the controls since alot of people say the Vita doesn't have enough buttons, however there is a way around it.

If you are still with in range of your PS4 i.e. in another room of your house, you can still use the PS4 controller. How that works is your are still controlling the game through the PS4, but using the Vita to mirror the screen you would just have to use the Vita controls to set up remote play. That's how I remote play with the PSTV since I don't like using the Dualshock 3 controller.

Hope that helps.

Omg wow.... Thanks so much!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

mookysam

Remote play works flawlessly for me on a technical level, with no slowdown or visible compression artefacts. This will obviously vary depending on the speed of your connection. There are actually two ways to use remote play, the first is through the internet using your router, the other is a direct wireless connection to the PS4 itself, which has a shorter range.

Controls vary from game to game, depending on how many Dualshock 4 buttons they use. Some have issues, but others are excellent. Far Cry 4 was a nuisance for me because you have to hold down R3 to sprint, and this is hard to do on the Vita. On the other hand I have played quite a bit of King's Quest and there are no control issues because it doesn't use a lot of buttons. Final Fantasy X HD also works well.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Peek-a-boo

I really like this collage/poster for upcoming PlayStation 4 exclusives:

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Blast

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Untitled

That's so hype. Let's hope our boys at Nintendo can do this with the NX one day.

Master of the Hype Train

Ryu_Niiyama

@Peek-a-boo: IS THAT BEAT TAKESHI?!?!?! Oh I can not wait until Ryu ga Gotoku 6 comes out...even though I am still working on 3. * blush *

I am really liking this line up. For me, 2016 is when the PS4 comes into its own. Lots of games genres that I love to play.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

whodatninja

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Untitled

Well, Playstation exclusives. Persona 5 is also on PS3

(No Man's Sky is also coming to PC.)

That said if Horizon Zero Dawn comes out in 2016, I just may have to get a PS4. Game looks SICK.

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Octane

Does anyone know what kind of game Detroit: Become Human is? I've seen the trailer, but so far all I know is that I was looking at a movie trailer.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

SuperWiiU

Octane wrote:

Does anyone know what kind of game Detroid: Become Human is? I've seen the trailer, but so far all I know is that I was looking at a movie trailer.

It's an interactive movie, so like the trailer, but with more looking around and QTE's.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Blast

Got another PS4 question... How/where do I buy a PSN card and put money on it?

I wanna put $70 on it.

Master of the Hype Train

Ralizah

@Blast: Walmart, Gamestop... almost any mainstream retail outlet that sells Gift Cards if you're American. No idea if you're not.

You'll probably need to get a $50 and $20 dollar card seperately.

You can also get PSN codes online at places like Amazon if you have a credit card.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

SuperWiiU wrote:

Octane wrote:

Does anyone know what kind of game Detroid: Become Human is? I've seen the trailer, but so far all I know is that I was looking at a movie trailer.

It's an interactive movie, so like the trailer, but with more looking around and QTE's.

They used to be called 'adventure games.'

Also, Playstation better not be fronting if they're saying Rime AND Deep Down. Granted, year of dreams and all.

I'll just die if Monster Hunter PS4 is announced, though the NX could very possibly snag that one.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

RR529

Ralizah wrote:

You can also get PSN codes online at places like Amazon if you have a credit card.

Oh wow, that's cool, I didn't know they sold codes directly like that. Just looked it up and it's too bad Nintendo doesn't do the same.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

Detroit looks okay, I live in the city so I'm interested to see how far they've rendered my hometown.

Out of the Sony first party I think Horizon Zero Dawn is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SuperWiiU

Haru17 wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Octane wrote:

They used to be called 'adventure games.'

There's a difference between adventure games and interactive movies. Heavy Rain was more of an adventure game, but in Beyond: Two Souls most of the adventure gameplay has been removed. There is some adventure gameplay left(mostly on the farm), but largely it plays as an interactive movie.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic