Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 16,083

Blast

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round..... Ohhhh yessssss

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Peek-a-boo

@rallydefault: Thanks for your first play impressions, much appreciated!

If I had an abundance of time on my hands like I did back when I was at high school, I would have gladly bought - and enjoyed - both Black Ops III and Star Wars Battlefront. I played the campaign on Advance Warfare round my friends this time last year and being the Kevin Spacey fan I am, I very much enjoyed it all, even if I could see the 'twist' a mile off.

I might dabble in the campaign when my friend buys the game (like he does every single year!).

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Just been looking at the variety of console exclusive games the PlayStation 4 has had this year, and I only bought half a dozen of them!

01) Axiom Verge
02) Bloodborne (this is easily my Game of the Year by a country mile!)
03) Disgaea 5
04) Dragon Quest Heroes
05) Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (the gameplay is pretty ho-hum, but everybody's stories and the way they all come together is quite unlike anything else I have experienced in this medium)
06) Galax-Z: The Dimensional
07) Grow Home
08) Guilty Gear Xrd (a fantastic companion to Street Fighter IV and V)
09) Helldivers
10) Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (not quite as good as the original, yet it is still a superb follow-up)
11) MLB 2015: The Show (amazingly, the PS4 is the only place where you can play a baseball game!)
12) N++
13) The Order: 1886
14) Rocket League (best multiplayer game of this year, and it was free on PS+ too)
15) SOMA
16) Tales of Zestiria
17) Tearaway Unfolded
18) Ultra Street Fighter IV (after a HORRENDOUS start, it is now arguably the best version of Street Fighter IV)
19) Uncharted Collection
20) Until Dawn
21) The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
22) Volume (from the guy who gave us Thomas Was Alone)

It's been a great year however, especially first party wise, 2016 is looking absolutely stacked full of goodness!

I am rather pleased I purchased a PS4 to keep my Wii U company; they compliment each other really, really well.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

rallydefault

@Peek-a-boo: Oh, you'll definitely want to play the campaign with friends this time around if you can. The entire campaign is now drop in/drop out cooperative, which is pretty awesome!

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo

@rallydefault: Like I said, when my friend grabs his copy, I am sure he'll ask me to pop over!

The new vibrantly colourful futuristic Nuketown map is GLORIOUS!

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Blast

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Just been looking at the variety of console exclusive games the PlayStation 4 has had this year, and I only bought half a dozen of them!

01) Axiom Verge
02) Bloodborne (this is easily my Game of the Year by a country mile!)
03) Disgaea 5
04) Dragon Quest Heroes
05) Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (the gameplay is pretty ho-hum, but everybody's stories and the way they all come together is quite unlike anything else I have experienced in this medium)
06) Galax-Z: The Dimensional
07) Grow Home
08) Guilty Gear Xrd (a fantastic companion to Street Fighter IV and V)
09) Helldivers
10) Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (not quite as good as the original, yet it is still a superb follow-up)
11) MLB 2015: The Show (amazingly, the PS4 is the only place where you can play a baseball game!)
12) N++
13) The Order: 1886
14) Rocket League (best multiplayer game of this year, and it was free on PS+ too)
15) SOMA
16) Tales of Zestiria
17) Tearaway Unfolded
18) Ultra Street Fighter IV (after a HORRENDOUS start, it is now arguably the best version of Street Fighter IV)
19) Uncharted Collection
20) Until Dawn
21) The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
22) Volume (from the guy who gave us Thomas Was Alone)

It's been a great year however, especially first party wise, 2016 is looking absolutely stacked full of goodness!

I am rather pleased I purchased a PS4 to keep my Wii U company; they compliment each other really, really well.

wipes a tear Beautiful comment!!!

Master of the Hype Train

DefHalan

@Peek-a-boo: Some of those are on PC

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

RR529

@DefHalan, to be fair, he did say "console exclusive" (as in not taking PC into consideration).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Peek-a-boo

@Tasuki: Well, yes, but this is the definite version in terms of visuals, adding ALL available DLC within one version (the PS3 and Xbox 360 doesn't quite have everything) and you can use the DualShock 4, which is a far greater pad than the Xbox 360 controller for beat 'em ups.

Even Capcom and their competitive/pro gamers (or whatever you call them) agree that this is the best version.

@DefHalan: It looks like you skimmed my opening sentence:

See those three words, 'console exclusive games'? Otherwise I would have just said 'exclusives' full stop, which would have been untrue.

In any case, it seems real nick-picky to grumble about either Street Fighter IV being on other older consoles (out of a list of 22 games), or some of them being on PC. It is just a small celebration of the sheer variety of games PS4 owners have had to play this year, is all.

@RR529: Ha ha, you beat me to it by like five minutes! You appear to have read my opening sentence too, well done.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Tasuki

@Peek-a-boo: Wasn't really nick-picky just seemed odd that you said console exclusive to PS4 and you included Ultra Street Fighter IV on that list that's all. But I got what your saying and agree with ya.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

@Tasuki: That's cool, and I apologise if I sounded a bit huffy and puffy.

You could look at it another way with the 'console exclusive' wording; out of the Wii U, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, the only place you can play Street Fighter IV is on the PS4. As far as I am aware, the game isn't part of the Xbox 360 backwards compatibility list, but you never know. It may happen in the foreseeable future, hopefully!

Peek-a-boo

Buizel

Finally picked up a PS4 this weekend, although won't be playing it for a while as it's intended for Christmas. I'm really excited but have a few concerns about getting PS Plus and sharing it with my girlfriend.

I think we've agreed to get PS Plus on her PSN account so that she can get the free games for her Vita, and so that we can share the free games on our PS3 and PS4. We will also both be able to play online on the PS4, as long as it is registered as her "primary" PS4 I believe.

My main concern is that I'd like to get Destiny: The Taken King. I've heard that the bonus content in this game is tied to account, so I would have to register this to my account. However, mine being the secondary account (not being the PS Plus member) will I have any issues at all playing Destiny online? Or will I still have access to the full game with all expansions and bonus content? Anyone have any experience of this?

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo: That's a Call of Duty map? What happened to all the boring gray and brown? Those colors are gorgeous.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Blast

Can someone explain to me how Remote Play on Vita works? If I get a Vita..... does that mean I can play all my PS4 games on it for free?

Master of the Hype Train

whodatninja

@Blast: Some games allow it, like Fallout 4 is said to do. But you need the PS4 turned on. Sorta like the Wii U does it.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Ralizah

@Blast: You connect to the PS4 either through your own internet set-up (works best if you have high-speed internet and your PS4 is wired) or through a hotspot the PS4 sets up itself (works best in the same room). I haven't found a game yet that didn't work via remote play. The experience depends on how complex the game's controls are, as the Vita has fewer buttons than the PS4. I like to use it for more simplistic games like Peggle 2, although I hear that certain developers have been designing remote play control schemes that are more suited to the Vita.

I love the idea, but I have a hard time getting it to work anywhere, and we have high-speed internet. A lot of people have no issues with it, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tasuki

@Blast: I can only tell you how remote play works via Playstation TV since that's what I have. You have to have both systems connected to the internet and you turn both on. Basically Vita or in my case PSTV "mirrors" what's on the PS4 pretty much like the game pad does with games like Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U.

I am not sure what the range is for the Vita, or how well it works i.e. lag etc. But with my PSTV, I am able to play my PS4 in my bedroom while someone uses the front room tv and I get no lag what so ever. The biggest complaints I get with the Vita are the controls since alot of people say the Vita doesn't have enough buttons, however there is a way around it.

If you are still with in range of your PS4 i.e. in another room of your house, you can still use the PS4 controller. How that works is your are still controlling the game through the PS4, but using the Vita to mirror the screen you would just have to use the Vita controls to set up remote play. That's how I remote play with the PSTV since I don't like using the Dualshock 3 controller.

Hope that helps.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DefHalan

@RR529: I guess so, just as someone that has a PC the list is much smaller

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic