Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 16,083

Tasuki

@CanisWolfred: No I have not. I was thinking of picking up the original Thief and Thief II from GOG.com when they had them on sale but I didn't have the money at the time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

I got moved the AA to the AAA league in the road to the show. Its been okay but I've had some bad games and I don't get as many chances to prove my self out on the mound. Seems like they moved me up I've only played around 4 games and have lost all but one. Seems I need to really work on my stamina since I tend to peter out after the fifth inning and my pitch confidence goes way down.

On the Knack side of things I just got to goblin Village and I'm wondering why this game got such a bad rap. Its no Mario 3D world or a rachent and Clank but its a nice throw back to PS1 era platformers like Crash. Its linear but its a nice little challenge on hard mode.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

@CanisWolfred: No I have not. I was thinking of picking up the original Thief and Thief II from GOG.com when they had them on sale but I didn't have the money at the time.

If you ever play them, you'll probably see why the 4th game is so disliked. It feels like a hollow shell compared to those games, especiallly 2. If you like 4, you'll love the others.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

@CanisWolfred: That's good to know I guess lol. I will keep an eye out for them then and pick them up when I get the spare cash whenever that might be. But maybe I will try them after I finish the one on PS4

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

The Last of Us Remastered

DRIVECLUB

The Order 1886

The Last Guardian

Until Dawn

Uncharted

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Excep7ional

E3 is going to be sick this year. Can't wait for all of the announcements.

Edited on by Excep7ional

Excep7ional

shingi_70

The Show 14 is pretty sick looking.
Untitled

Played 3 games between yestersay and today. Two in Franchise mode and one in Road to the Show. I won the series with Boston 2-1 and blew them out 9-2 yesterday with cabera hitting 3 home runs in his 4 walk up to the plate.

The last game in the series today I lost 3-2 and ended up going too 10th inning over time. Red Sox were in the lead for most of the game until I hit a one run homer in the fourth. Than from the seventh to the eighth I threw three strikeouts and tied the game at the top of the ninth. We ended up going to overtime and the second I changed my pitcher Ortiz hits it far right and the guy on first is able to high tail it for the run. Was pretty exciting despite losing.

I've gotten better at bating but I wish the game had a practice mode so I could work on learning the controls.

On my road to the show I'm playing a pitcher on the AAA mud hens. We lost 3-0 and I got pulled out after the fifth inning after which the other two scored two times. My team batting line up is pretty poor. Was a better performance than the in game last month where my numbers were horrid the 4 games after my AAA debut. Looks like I'm going to allocate points and buy a fast ball since a straight pitch is something missing from my Arsenal.

WAT!

Gamer83

The dialogue in Until Dawn is cringe worthy.

Gamer83

shingi_70

@Gamer83

Well it's fitting since game is a send up to slasher films the vast majority being pretty terrible.

WAT!

shingi_70

@Gamer83

Well it's fitting since game is a send up to slasher films the vast majority being pretty terrible.

WAT!

banacheck

@shingi_70

I just bought Knack for $30 on Amazon and that, Stick it to the Man, and Child of Light should hold me off till Trasistor and E3. Hoping to get Killzone and MLB next month.

The Trasistor is out today in the US & EU tomorrow yes? Bastion is another good game by them if you've played it on the 360, so The Trasistor is going to be good also.

banacheck

CanisWolfred

I almost $#!+ my pants when I saw Transistor on Steam, but I don't think I could get myself to play it on a PC. The wait until I get a PS4 will be a long and hard, but ultimately satisfying one, to be sure.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sub12

Anybody pick up Wolfenstein: The New Order yet? I'm really enjoying it, and although the game has cinematics and set pieces, it still feels like a classic Id-esque shooter,.....large un-interrupted levels, solid settings and themes, and a lot of quasi-mindless action that's just a lot of fun. I also dig that they devoted resources solely to a long single-player FPS experience.

If you like old school FPS's, 9 out of 10, if not, it's a 7 out of 10.

sub12

shingi_70

Arkham Knight looks pretty nice. My most anticipated third party game by a mile.

Sing Star is coming to PS4 from Sony London.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is FFXV out yet? It's the first FF I'm looking forward to in years. I hope it's actually as good as it looks.

Nope. We don't even have a release date yet. Evidently 8 years wasn't long enough for this game.

sub12 wrote:

Anybody pick up Wolfenstein: The New Order yet? I'm really enjoying it, and although the game has cinematics and set pieces, it still feels like a classic Id-esque shooter,.....large un-interrupted levels, solid settings and themes, and a lot of quasi-mindless action that's just a lot of fun. I also dig that they devoted resources solely to a long single-player FPS experience.

If you like old school FPS's, 9 out of 10, if not, it's a 7 out of 10.

I like Old School FPSes, but I'm not really getting the old-school vibe from what I've seen. Of course, half the reason I preferred older ones were for its more insane monsters and slightly more varied color pallettes and weapons. Maybe I'll look up some straight gameplay some time.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

They announced Samurai Warriors 4 for PS4 in the West. It's coming out the Fall.
I'm really looking forward to it, probably a day one purchase. The thing that caught my eye is mercenary mode. In it you use your own custom character and you travel the land doing quests for factions. You interact with other characters and can make them like or dislike you through your actions or how you reply to them in conversation. You can also swear allegiance to a faction if you want and can travel with one other character in the game. (Note: in case you were wondering, it still has the normal story mode.)

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic