Forums

Topic: PSP2 announced for 2011 release... apparently.

Posts 121 to 140 of 164

LzWinky

I would also think 3G may up the price by quite a bit, especially with "PS3 quality" games

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Knux

3G and PS3 quality games equals instant buy!

Edited on by Knux

Knux

LzWinky

Hyper Knuckles wrote:

What about a high price because of those two things?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Knux

lz20XX wrote:

Hyper+Knuckles wrote:

What about a high price because of those two things?

To be honest, I don't care about the price. I'll buy it even if it costs as much as the PS3 originally did! Because I have NEVER been successful with connecting my PSP online, and I can connect a PSP2 online with 3G anytime or place I want!

Knux

OldBoy

This looks fantastic. A handheld PS3 sounds good to me.This may well be my first Sony console since the PS2. It looks like Sony have listened to the critisims of the PSP and PSP GO and if the price isn't too high then Nintendo could well have some competition on it hands which can only be good for all us consumers in the long run.
Its a shame that we have to listen to the same old Ninty fanboys slagging this off before they really know anything about it but then what do I expect on a Nintendo site.
I just hope that this gets more games support than the the PSP did,but as multimedia device this could even begin to challenge Apples devices. Better start saving what with this and the 3DS + games I'm gonna need a 2nd job!

What's this bit for again?

LordJumpMad

Heres Better Pics of it.
Untitled
back
Untitled
it indeed looks nice but, will it be able to play UMBs?

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

LordTendoboy

FINALLY dual analogs!

Let's see:
4-core ARM9 processor, 3G, Wi-Fi, PS3 graphics capabilities, capacative touch screen AND rear touch panel, DS-style game cards...

With all this tech, I predict the NGP/PSP2 will cost $300-$350.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Xkhaoz

JesusSaves wrote:

If it was backwards compatible, it would be a day-one purchase.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

zezhyrule

JesusSaves wrote:

If it was backwards compatible, it would be a day-one purchase.

It is, PSN-wise. Putting in a UMD drive is not something that comes easy or cheap, I'd imagine.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

SilentJ

Uncharted looks awesome! I might actually end up buying this.

PSN ID : MrPink78

ItsFuzzyPickles

Hmmm, the console actually looks good, although it doesn't really excite me as much as the 3DS since I feel it's trying too hard to be a handheld console. I'm also kind of worried about the price as if they are trying to reach PS3 level on a handheld, I can easily see it cost $500 or even $600, which is way too expensive for a console.

But I do think it has the potential to be better then the PSP/PSP Go!, so I'm not ruling it out yet. Might be a good idea to see what upcoming hanhelds have to offer before deciding which one to get

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Mabbit

It sounds cool and all, but they said that it's definitely going to cost over $600 I would get it over the 3DS if it wasn't so damn expensive

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Flandy

Mickeymac wrote:

They said it won't be $599.

It'll be more! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Nah $300 would be ideal for me, but I'd be willing to pay $350 no more

Flandy

komicturtle

There's already people claming the PSP2 is better than the 3DS... Looks like they jinxed it, just like they did back in 2004 with the DS vs PSP nonsense. Happy to hear LBP and Monster Hunter for NGP. Next, is Ratchet & Clank and I'm sold.

komicturtle

LzWinky

Mickeymac wrote:

They said it won't be $599.

Are they implying it'll be more or less?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.