Forums

Topic: PSP2 announced for 2011 release... apparently.

Posts 141 to 160 of 164

bboy2970

@lz: lol. I assume they're implying less. Although, like I said, its not too comforting that they chose 600 dollars as a point to claim that it is less than instead of 500. This tells me it could very well fall close to 500 dollars.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

theblackdragon

Some of you may have noticed your comments have been deleted. This is because they were filled to the brim with the same tired anti-Sony BS that gets posted every time Sony so much as sneezes in the direction of the next generation of gaming. If all you want to do is complain that Sony steals every idea Nintendo's ever come up with, laid you off from your job, keyed your car, and ate your babies, do it on another forum; we are sick and tired of seeing that bull here every time someone posts a Sony (or Microsoft, for that matter)-product related thread.

edit: unfortunately, cleaning out a thread involves cleaning everything out, including rebuttals that can't be salvaged via deletion of the original statement. sorry, Token; i promise i would've left it otherwise

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Aviator

theblackdragon wrote:

ate your babies

/me hides bones

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

IAmNotWill

JumpMad wrote:

Heres Better Pics of it.
Untitled
back
Untitled
it indeed looks nice but, will it be able to play UMBs?

Like me and everyone else said before, this thing is huge! This thing could only fit in the tablet category, not your pocket. I'll definitely keep watch over this. Interested on that trackpad and the games it could be utilized in.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

bboy2970

@WhoKnew: No, it does not take UMD's. I can't remember where I read this but I know I saw it somewhere. Rather unfortunate for those who have a large collection of PSP games. Perhaps there will be some transfer solution but given their strategy with the go I doubt it.

CanisWolfred

bboy2970 wrote:

@WhoKnew: No, it does not take UMD's. I can't remember where I read this but I know I saw it somewhere. Rather unfortunate for those who have a large collection of PSP games. Perhaps there will be some transfer solution but given their strategy with the go I doubt it.

I was just thinking that same thing. They could always get a deal with a retailer to trade in your PSP games for download codes (for a fee of course). Yet why didn't they do something like that with the Go? I'm sure they could get Gamestop to do it, and I'd buy a PSP2 day one if they do something like that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

bboy2970 wrote:

being able to digitize one's UMD collection, you mean? can't see them giving the option... but it would still be pretty awesome if it were possible :3

edit: haha, Mickeymac's idea works too. the only problem would be if the trade-in value of the UMDs wasn't enough to cover the cost of the download code for the same game, lol -- i can see the market getting flooded with UMDs pretty quick, so value thereof would probably drop quick too :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

bboy2970

Ok, let me take one more crack at this opinion forming thing:
My opinion of the NGP is kind of.....meh. The main feature set appears to be touch screen, motion sensing, PS3-ish graphics, 3G, a back touch pad,and an internal/external camera. I'm sure there are other little things but that seems to be the main feature list that makes this machine different from its predecessor. My meh feeling of the NGP comes from seeing very little newness in it. I mean, its got the touch and motion and graphics and cameras but honestly, who wasn't expecting those things? As far as truly new things it brings to the table, I guess 3G and the back touch panel are about it. 3G is nice for always being connected but I fear that it may lead to some sort of monthly fee or even a contract. IMO, that would instantly kill the NGP. Anyway, the other new feature, the back panel, is the one thing I do feel is truly innovative. It has yet to be seen how mainstream this will become but from the one game demo I saw using it (can't remember the name) it looks like it could bring alot to the table. That said, unfortunatley for the NGP I don't think this one very innovative thing will be able to carry the whole machine. Another thing is the price. The price has obviously not been made known yet but I've got a pretty good feeling its gonna be quite high if it pushes the kind of graphics that have been shown. Also, kudos that Sony finally is using carts and not discs but it might be too little too late. Since there is no UMD drive on the NGP, backward compatibility with the whole physical back catalog is thrown out. This doesn't affect me at all but I could see this blowing a huge hole in the NGP. As for the games shown so far, meh to those as well. Did anyone think the next PSP wasn't gonna have a LBP, Uncharted, Killzone, etc? They didn't interest me before and they don't interest me now. Sony appears to be making the same mistakes they made last time and I think its gonna go the same way it went last generation. Don't get me wrong, I'll get one eventually just as I got a PSP and PSP go eventually. It just looks a bit like more of the same to me which isn't nessecarily a bad thing for previous PSP owners but I don't think Sony is looking to get spanked in the handheld wars again so perhaps they should consider embracing something different.

@TBD: I did good? :3

Noire

Don't get me wrong, the 3DS is cool too, but...

This thing is hot. My god is it.

:E

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

OldBoy

Well having read a lot about the PSP2 now the only negative I see is that ,well, its not very portable is it . What with the size and those analogue sticks protruding and that oh so sexy screen thats just waiting to be scratched! The good thing is that none of this really bothers me.I was going to get a PS3 soon but having seen the PSP2 I think I'm going to wait for that instead. Basically a PS3 I can play anywhere in the house without taking up any more precious TV time from my missus. Even if it just ends up getting PS3 ports I'll be more than happy. My 3DS will be used when I'm on the go. I'm surprised that Sony didn't use a similar design to the GO though as that seems a more suitable design for a portable to me.

What's this bit for again?

HolyMackerel

WaveBoy wrote:

Because it's black, sleak and oh so shiny and sports fancy PS3-ish graphics?
I still think the Aqua Blue 3DS looks more fun, whimsical and beautiful.

Both are appealing styles. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone wants to drive a Volkswagen Beetle.

WaveBoy wrote:

And again there's nothing that the PSP2 has in it's arsenal that will be able to compete with the visual game changer and the wow-factor that the 3DS's 3D technology will bring. Not to mention the 3DS will be far more attractive for the retro gamer in mind.

And I doubt the PSP2 will offer any(hardly at best) Sprite based Side Scrollers, with the 3DS on the other hand it's a given AND with 3D technology. Mega Man 2, Super Mario Bros, LOZ with updated 3D technology?

If the NGP offered a similar visual aesthetic and game catalogue to the 3DS you would be up in arms about how it's just a ripoff of the 3DS. Sony is smart enough to target a different audience from Nintendo. You can go on and on with your criticisms, but it seems in your eyes Sony would be damned whatever they choose.

Just being devil's advocate here. There's a point where criticism goes from reasonable to silly. You should stop and consider that maybe Sony isn't trying to appeal to people with your specific tastes.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

turtlelink

WaveBoy wrote:

And I doubt the PSP2 will offer any(hardly at best) Sprite based Side Scrollers, with the 3DS on the other hand it's a given AND with 3D technology. Mega Man 2, Super Mario Bros, LOZ with updated 3D technology? That's far more exciting to me than anything I've seen for the PSP2 alone.

It already has some 2D sidescrollers on the PSN store. I;m sure there will be more.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Noire

WaveBoy wrote:

Because it's black, sleek and oh so shiny and sports fancy PS3-ish graphics?

Yeah.

...is there something wrong about that? If I think its prettier, then I think its prettier. Say anything you want about the whimsical 3D-ness and retro-gamer-mentality of the 3DS, I just don't think it's nearly as aesthetically pleasing.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

melvin2898

Here we go again. comparing things. Why do people always have to compare things?
I like things about the NGP and 3DS. I'm personally saving money for both.

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.