Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 761 to 780 of 2,134

BigBadJohn

@darkfenrir Mixed Reality is Microsoft’s new VR platform. It’s similar to the Vive but with better resolution but new external trackers.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

6ch6ris6

@BigBadJohn it's always worth upgrading RAM for videogames and other beefy tasks. 8GB is the minimum for gaming nowadays. dual channel ram is also a bit faster so i would go for 2x8GB. just make sure you get the exact RAM that is comparable to your existing 8GB slot otherwise you might have to lower the mhz of the RAM to make it work. is it ddr3 or ddr4?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

BigBadJohn

@6ch6ris6 I’m not really sure. The spec sheet just say 2400MHZ so I think it must be DDR4.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Inertiacreep

there is another vr headset aside from the vive and rift and it's already available and i haven't even heard about it? Wtf

Inertiacreep

BigBadJohn

@Inertiacreep its just got steam support which has opened up a massive library of games. Plus Mixed Reality runs on lower spec machines and the headsets are generally cheaper. If you want to try VR it’s certainly worth considering.

SW-5512-0541-9236

darkfenrir

Anyone here ever played Trails of Cold Steel? I kind of want to give it a try, but I played Trails in the Sky and before I managed to get into the meat of the story, the gameplay stopped me cold with being bored as hell. :/

Is the system better or is it much of the same?

darkfenrir

Azooooz

@Inertiacreep Interestingly, there's recently released Windows Mixed Reality headsets (I know, misleading name) that bring the same experience as Oculus Rift, but starts at $200 without the need of external sensors and can run on integrated 6th gen Intel GPU (though for intensive vr gaming you need a powerful hardware). Plus, no need to mount the sensors on the wall.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

Alert for those who's thinking about buying new graphics card now: DON'T!!!!

Because of the cryptocurrency craze, there's a huge price inflation in GPU cards. Here's a table list before and after the effect of cryptocurrency, curtesy of Gamespot:
Untitled

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

TuVictus

Sheesh. I'm lucky I got my gtx 1070 before the craze really took off.

TuVictus

RancidVomit86

Been watching some people stream Sea of Thieves today and it looks like this game is going to be awesome. Looks like it will be so much fun.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

CanisWolfred

Okay, so apparently, back in November, I missed the fact that Playerunknown Battlegrounds' developer, Bluehole, was working on a Steampunk fantasy MMORPG called Ascent: Infinite Realm. Looks pretty Bad***, actually. I'm not big on MMOs, personally, but they also apparently made TERA, one of the only other of its genre that still appeals to me (okay, besides FF14...but at least this one probably won't cost me an arm & a leg...probably...maybe...depends on how bad the monetization system is...).

...Honestly, I just wanted to link to a video where people are blasting trolls with a Howitzer. I can't think of anything more satisfying than that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

@Azooooz Ugh I won't upgrade for at least another two years but geez that is disgusting.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Azooooz

@Ryu_Niiyama I know. It's sad to see that this kind of craze has ruined people's plans to upgrade their GPUs. I wonder if this will also affect game developments for PC.

TuVictus

The GPU shortage is a big bummer, I really hope they release their miner specific cards or amp up production of all models. I'm lucky I got my 1070 before the craze really hit

TuVictus

6ch6ris6

anybody here playing THUGPRO? it's a mod for tony hawk's underground 2 that features MANY levels from older tony hawk games. best way to play tony hawk nowadays i think besides the original versions

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Octane

Big summer sale on GOG; quite a lot of games on sale. It's worth checking out.

Untitled

Octane

6ch6ris6

RAGE is off steam. you can look at the game's shop entry but not buy it. maybe we will see a remake?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic