Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,134

Inertiacreep

I hate origin.. and what's the Ubisoft one? Screw that too.

I'll be damned if i install bloatware just for 1 game.

Inertiacreep

6ch6ris6

Inertiacreep wrote:

I hate origin.. and what's the Ubisoft one? Screw that too.

I'll be damned if i install bloatware just for 1 game.

are uplay and origin really that bad? i mean if you just install them to get the game and only use it for those games.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Octane

@Ralizah I read about the Oxenfree deal, so I went to GOG but it was already gone. Got myself a copy of The Witcher for free though.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane The Witcher 1 and 2 have been in my Steam library for years now. Never even installed them, though.

I paid less than $5 between both games, though, so I'm content if I never end up playing one of these Witcher games!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jtmnm

@Inertiacreep You can launch those games from Steam if it bothers you. That's what I do, anyway.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Inertiacreep

@6ch6ris6 yes they are that bad.. you want me to install needless bloatware program to install 1 game? Imagine if every publisher did this and you needed different bloatware installed for every game you buy... you might as well just give me a notice that says "we want you to pirate our game"
@JTMnM hmm i thought it still went and launched origin to open the game though

Inertiacreep

Eel

What's so bad about origin.

I have it and it literally just sits there. Asking to be updated sometimes when I open it to check for the new free game.

It's just a smaller steam. And the costumer service is good.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

darkfenrir

How's everyone's wallet after sales? Mine is kinda safe since most of mine mostly hovers around 35%-50%... but now I'm tempted to buy Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ and Ys VIII even though they have no discount just because they are cheap!

Tokyo Xanadu feels like it has 70% discount from the US version and Ys VIII has like 50% discount from US version (Rp 250,000 and Rp 390,000 respectively)

darkfenrir

Matt_Barber

I'd think the main reason to be wary of Origin is that it's a foot in the door for EA, and they've got a habit of selling things that are absolute garbage. They still publish some great games from time to time too, but be very wary of purchasing anything on Origin, because even a lot of the good stuff can be blighted by microtransactions.

That said, if you're just installing it for the freebies - and PvZ is a great game - I don't think you've anything to worry about.

Matt_Barber

MegaMari0

I despise Microtransactions. Ironically, I got back into a Microtransaction-riddled free mmorpg that I had abandoned almost 4 years ago...reason why I came back? I have kids and all my actual PC games are not age appropriate so I had to choose something they could sneak a peek if they chose. Wouldn't want them peeking on me hacking a person in skyrim or blowing to bits a creature in doom or something. Nah, let them see this chibi art style 2d game maplestory. I even managed to find my old account and pick up where I left off...all confused as heck...Now my kid can watch me play something kid friendly.

I miss my PC bachelor days

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

darkfenrir

@MegaMari0 I mean currently there's steam sales so you can try to pick up some colorful games at steam, I'm sure it exist... Yonder seems to be one where you won't need to hack stuff to pieces? And Okami HD existing also if you want longer stuff o_o

darkfenrir

6ch6ris6

anybody here playing heroes and generals?
it's a free2play ww2 fps with an extra strategy mode you can play after a lot of grinding or buying in

the fps part is pretty fun IMO, but it's hard and you need to grind for everything

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

TuVictus

@MegaMari0 Man, that game really hammered home the dangers of microtransactions long before the likes of EA even thought about them. Once they introduced miracle cubes, it all became pay to win. Up until then worst you could get was a 2x exp coupon, haha

It's changed so much, I don't think I'd ever be able to go back as a veteran of the old school versions.

TuVictus

MegaMari0

@Operative2-0 so true. They've introduced some things like a mesos market that deals in maple points and that cut down on shady sites. New anti cheat system that didn't make all that much of a difference. Easier to level up. In exchange for Nickel and diming you, they eased up on the grinding. Still is very much a pay 2 win game but very easy to avoid most of that.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

CanisWolfred

Honestly, my problem with Origins is that it's yet another program I have to install to play a game, splitting up my library (thus making it more difficult to track what I own) and potentially slowing my computer down, even if it's just to manage updates. Steam was bad enough in this department, I don't need a mini-Steam on top of that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RancidVomit86

Anyone on Killing Floor 2? If not you should be and if you are and want to play some time let me know.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

darkfenrir

Just finished West of Loathing! If any of you like slapstick comedy, it's really great! The joke is nice, and it's all nonsensical and yet sensical. Really cool work there.

darkfenrir

BigBadJohn

Right so I’m looking for advice. Over Christmas my laptop went boom so I bought myself a new one. Now I wasn’t looking specifically for a gaming laptop (my Switch satisfies that need) however I was looking for the most power for my buck. This happened to be a dell that cane with a free mixed reality headset (which is absolutely amazing by the way). My question is it has 8GB of ram but apparently can be upgraded to 32. From what I’ve seen this is quite expensive and I’m wondering 1. Is there a massive benefit to this and 2. Is there anywhere you’d recommend getting my RAM that’s cheaper. Also any recommendations for mixed reality games. I’ve got Arizona Sunshine and Space Pirate which are fantastic experiences.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

darkfenrir

@BigBadJohn What do you mean by mixed reality games? If you mean meta games, there's things like Doki Doki Literature Club, as well as OneShot for example. (ICEY also does this I hear?)

darkfenrir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic