Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Sharing

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,405

Dizzy_Boy

@Chandlero, I'm not expecting you to replay my level, but, there are other routes on there aswell.
Although it is one of the easier levels that I've made. Looking at the completion rate (just above 13%), it would suggest most people are either terrible at Mario games, or just give up way too easily. So, I may leave it up as it is.
Anyway, thanks for giving it a go.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

SuperWiiU

dizzy_boy wrote:

@Chandlero, I'm not expecting you to replay my level, but, there are other routes on there aswell.
Although it is one of the easier levels that I've made. Looking at the completion rate (just above 13%), it would suggest most people are either terrible at Mario games, or just give up way too easily. So, I may leave it up as it is.
Anyway, thanks for giving it a go.

It's definitely both. I see a lot of people making some hard levels themselves, but giving up after 2-3 times on other peoples levels. It's really disappointing to see people not giving your levels at least a decent chance(unless your levels trolls massively, then you deserve it).

gcunit

@LavaTwilight: I was enjoying the theme of this, but then got to a bit I couldn't get past (my own inadequacy, I'm sure) and stupidly died in my frustration, and this took me right back to the beginning, which I found kinda tedious and quit. Checkpoints after each trial would have kept me playing. Good concept though.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

LavaTwilight

@gcunit: duly noted, thanks! Unfortunately we can only put in 2 checkpoints (one in the overground and the other in the subground) and due to the nature of the level it seemed almost out of place to do. Perhaps the checkpoint being earlier would've helped though? I'm still learning where to place them to get the most out of it. I'm thinking after you get the leaf and fly up or just before the bullet bill cavern?

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

gcunit

@LavaTwilight: I got the leaf, but have played vintage Mario so little that I haven't worked out how to use it properly, which is why I died right at the point of needing to fly up. As I said, my inadequacy...

Hadn't realised checkpoints were so limited - I've not even unlocked all the tools yet...

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

crimsontadpoles

I've recently uploaded this level that involves Cloud Bowser flying in your way just above your head. It took me a long time to complete it myself before I was able to upload it, so I'm not expecting many people to get to the end:

I need to pay more attention to this thread. There's lots of great levels here from creative creators, but I've barely played any of them. I'll try to play some levels here another day.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

SuperWiiU

crimsontadpoles wrote:

I've recently uploaded this level that involves Cloud Bowser flying in your way just above your head. It took me a long time to complete it myself before I was able to upload it, so I'm not expecting many people to get to the end:

I need to pay more attention to this thread. There's lots of great levels here from creative creators, but I've barely played any of them. I'll try to play some levels here another day.

I got to the end, the middle part of the level isn't hard, but I got stuck in the final area before having to quit.

crimsontadpoles

SuperWiiU wrote:

I got to the end, the middle part of the level isn't hard, but I got stuck in the final area before having to quit.

Thanks for playing, and well done on getting that far, I know it's a tricky level. Red koopas should spawn indefinitely from the pipe allowing you to defeat Bowser and use the cloud to the exit. Since Bowser must be defeated with 20 Red Shells, it may help to chuck some at him as you journey through the level so that you don't need to spend so long in the final area.

My Anime List

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

SuperWiiU

crimsontadpoles wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Thanks for playing, and well done on getting that far, I know it's a tricky level. Red koopas should spawn indefinitely from the pipe allowing you to defeat Bowser and use the cloud to the exit. Since Bowser must be defeated with 20 Red Shells, it may help to chuck some at him as you journey through the level so that you don't need to spend so long in the final area.

I did that for 3 minutes or so, and I hit him during the level several times too. I thought I hit him more than 20 times(I didn't know how many times he needed to be hit), but I must've been just shy of it. It doesn't help that you don't get to see any damage or flashing indicating you're close to beating him.

Edit: What the... I just finished your level, but then I got a server maintenance error, so I couldn't star your level and it probably didn't save my completition either as it just send my back to the main menu and I couldn't access the online anymore. So I'll have to do it again later...

Edited on by SuperWiiU

crimsontadpoles

SuperWiiU wrote:

crimsontadpoles wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

I did that for 3 minutes or so, and I hit him during the level several times too. I thought I hit him more than 20 times(I didn't know how many times he needed to be hit), but I must've been just shy of it. It doesn't help that you don't get to see any damage or flashing indicating you're close to beating him.

Edit: What the... I just finished your level, but then I got a server maintenance error, so I couldn't star your level and it probably didn't save my completition either as it just send my back to the main menu and I couldn't access the online anymore. So I'll have to do it again later...

That's very bad timing. If you already completed it, there's no need to do it again just for the sake of a completion flag. You may as well find someone else's level to enjoy.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List

SuperWiiU

crimsontadpoles wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

crimsontadpoles wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

That's very bad timing. If you already completed it, there's no need to do it again just for the sake of a completion flag. You may as well find someone else's level to enjoy.

There was a need. I don't accept being denied something I deserve, even if it is a useless flag. And as it also is a level creation challenge entry there was even more need, because I always complete all those levels.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Vindignant

@sjmartin: re: Mario and the End of Days, fun course to run through, good balance of a lot, but not too much, going on on- screen. Starred.

@DreamyViridi: re: Collapse Castle, really enjoyed this one. Died quite a few times but felt compelled to keep trying. Then I went back for a 3 1 up run. Good placement on those too. Starred.

What a drag it is that one must wake up each morning and be the same person as the night before.

CactuarDavid

Hey everyone! So I recently finally got Mario Maker, and after unlocking the SMB 3 theme, I decided to finally start uploading a stage for people. It's pretty short and easy I think, but I wanted to make my first level not too difficult. I tried to use that tool from NintendoLife's Mario Maker page, but that didn't really work out, so the code is 2ED5-0000-0106-6FB4
(EDIT: I updated the level after I got everything, so now it has a Checkpoint Flag.)

Any tips on how to improve my Mario Making skills are much appreciated!

Edited on by CactuarDavid

CactuarDavid

Switch Friend Code: SW-7497-1309-2888 | 3DS Friend Code: 1332-7817-2689 | Nintendo Network ID: CapricornDavid | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@Vindignant: Thanks very much for playing.

@Simbabbad @crimsontadpoles: Played your levels. Really enjoyed the Old School levels, they capture the feeling of NES Mario rather well. SMB Hammer Bros. are the worst... Cloudy Claustrophobia was actually not as hard as I expected although I certainly died a few times. Wasn't expecting the need to deal with Bowser but still, the mass amount of Koopas tipped me off. Good stuff.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

crimsontadpoles

Legodavid18 wrote:

Hey everyone! So I recently finally got Mario Maker, and after unlocking the SMB 3 theme, I decided to finally start uploading a stage for people. It's pretty short and easy I think, but I wanted to make my first level not too difficult. I tried to use that tool from NintendoLife's Mario Maker page, but that didn't really work out, so the code is 2ED5-0000-0106-6FB4
(EDIT: I updated the level after I got everything, so now it has a Checkpoint Flag.)

Any tips on how to improve my Mario Making skills are much appreciated!

If you want to use the NintendoLife's Mario Maker tool to display the level in the forums, just enter the URL of the NintendoLife page for the level on a new line, and leave the lines before and after it blank. So for your level, just enter

"https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/levels/2ED5-0000-0106-6FB4"

Remove the quotes from it.

I played it and it's a nice quick level. It didn't take me that long to work out what to do to complete it and I liked that there's lots of items for the player to collect.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List

Vindignant

@LavaTwilight: re: the Trials of Mario, liked the idea here, got through a good bit twice but didn't want to start over. Agree with earlier comment, a checkpoint after second or third trial would help.

What a drag it is that one must wake up each morning and be the same person as the night before.

CactuarDavid

@crimsontadpoles: Thanks for playing my level and the directions for using the tool! 'Nice and quick' was pretty much exactly what I was going for with my level; a snack to play in between the more demanding stages.

CactuarDavid

Switch Friend Code: SW-7497-1309-2888 | 3DS Friend Code: 1332-7817-2689 | Nintendo Network ID: CapricornDavid | Twitter:

Chandlero

Here is a level that I quickly designed to get a feel for "Single Screens"-Level. This is this week's challenge and everybody should try to create such a level and submit it here. It is a perfect theme for everyone since you don't need to invest a huge amount of time for getting a good level.

This is not my final submission to the "Single Screens"-challenge and therefore I post it here. Please let me know what I could improve.

Edited on by Chandlero

alephbetnun

New level for the first time in forever! Hope you like it, let me know what you think!

Mario Kart Main: Mii (Mid-Weight) w/ Gold Kart, Gold Tires, MKTV Parafoil (VR: 3100+)
Smash Bros. Main: Olimar
Splatoon Main: Octobrush (Rank: S)
My Super Mario Maker Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/redneckgamer3826?type=posted

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic