Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 10,277

SilverBaretta

Ugh, sorry about witting on you, Gameday, hunger pangs.

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStormGaming]Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual qualit...

Lun

OK, I could use a little advise,
The troubled situation is located in the Archives map, it is the area where MI6 starts off. Obviously, this area may be the best place to camp and get killstreaks. I can't f-ing get in sometimes. It seems like I get eliminated way too many times trying to establish position.

Any suggestions on how to breach this room more effectively?

Lun

TLink9

Tech101 wrote:

Does anyone realize we've been called put by the (rus ) clan. I don't know if anyone even cares. I seen it on the nl are crying girls topic the other day and forgot about it. Should we ignore it or set something up? I'm game if I can make the time!

Ok I will admit it I am a crying girl
Almost level 30 should I come on?

neolights wrote:

The troubled situation is located in the Archives map, it is the area where MI6 starts off. Obviously, this area may be the best place to camp and get killstreaks. I can't f-ing get in sometimes. It seems like I get eliminated way too many times trying to establish position.

Just run up the stairs throw both frags in the room in 2 corners then enter.
Also I got my highest kill-streak there (22) a few days ago.

Edited on by TLink9

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

Grenades followed by rush in gun fire. You can also peak into the room behind the crates near the balcony railing. You can ads someone who is standing in the center and they more than likely wont be looking that far away. The last sure fire way to take the room is noobtube. I have no problem with anyone switching to the noobtube to displace a stubborn hero camping somewhere. Just switch back to auto after you take them out. Another tip If i'm playing with noobs i'll let them rush the room first and then follow them in. That way when the people camping are taking out your team mate you can rush in for all the kills. This tactic also works for not getting blown up by bonds proxies. Let your team mates go in first to get rid of them.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

TLink9

Also the tip to not getting killed as the hero in the room is to constantly move around to see from diffrent angles. Also have somone to back you up.
EDIT:Also any time I play heros I always use mine sweeper. It helps a lot. I will go on early tomorrow.

Edited on by TLink9

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

@lifesave... I'm with you on being competitive... and up for some matches with anyone, but I don't see us talking trash about others. Especially if we've never played them. Yea, we have fun and poke fun at each other, but that feels more like a punch in the back of the head than anything else. It's just annoying. We've had a little drama with Elza and hot lunch, but that's all worked out and now we're on good terms with them and vice versa, as far as I know. I guess that's the point, if they really wanted to have some matches, it'd be pretty easy to find us here, or even on gamefaq, instead of just posting up insults. Less drama=more fun.

Great tip on the docks spawn point too. Seems that it's been easier lately to take that room, but good to have that trick. Another is if a hero is camping in that outside corridor to toss grenades from the catwalk immediately next to the zukovsky start point over the building into that area. I've done it a few times and although I haven't gotten any kills, it did get me a hero assist 25xp the other day, so it seems that it could work.
edit: now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if tossing a grenade over the building from the mi6 spawn point would work? Hmm... something to try.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Spoony_Tech

neolights wrote:

Noobtube or remote mines work well. Campers deserve the tube anyways. I camp there and get tubed sometimes.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SilverBaretta

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Drama? What the heck happened in my absence beside 100+ pages of posts?

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStormGaming]Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual qualit...

Dizzy_Boy

if you`re any good with a shotgun. i find that can be quite effective as a room clearer. especialy if your team follow you in.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Lun

lifesavedave wrote:

Grenades followed by rush in gun fire. You can also peak into the room behind the crates near the balcony railing. You can ads someone who is standing in the center and they more than likely wont be looking that far away. The last sure fire way to take the room is noobtube. I have no problem with anyone switching to the noobtube to displace a stubborn hero camping somewhere. Just switch back to auto after you take them out. Another tip If i'm playing with noobs i'll let them rush the room first and then follow them in. That way when the people camping are taking out your team mate you can rush in for all the kills. This tactic also works for not getting blown up by bonds proxies. Let your team mates go in first to get rid of them.

Thanks, will give this a try. I try not to pull out the launcher unless absolutely necessary, and havent thought of it for this situation, but in this case i can see it being acceptable. Although I will first try the trick you sugessted by the railing.

btw, Lum is already representing for the [NL]
Just got back from ousting 3 [DS] guys in a heros match in Archives. Our team won the match 114-106 in an explosion happy affair, not to mention we were the Russians. Our team only had a couple of 20s and one single digit but they pulled through in the end as we were down 20 almost all the way. I have to admit that the previous match in docks didn't go very well. [DS] test Sur, [DS] Absol, and [DS] Tornold. Quite good players, actually.

Lun

Lun

Tech101 wrote:

neolights wrote:

Noobtube or remote mines work well. Campers deserve the tube anyways. I camp there and get tubed sometimes.

Yes, this is actually what I did in the match against the [DS]s. I cleared the room, or general surrounding area by unloading both remote mines and gernades from downstairs, long throws over the railing through the arc passage after I respawned.

Edited on by Lun

Lun

romulux

i added your code, lum.

jesus, i need a masterton loadout to compete with you guys in archives. with lifesaver and ultima both blasting i didn't survive more than 15 seconds on a single life! lifesaver, the game wasn't letting me send you invites earlier, it gave me the "this friend is offline or has removed you message" every time even though you weren't frozen. i tried to start a golden gun match just for the hell of it to see what outcome there would be with the two of us against each other, but i immediately regretted how hard that was going to be, so i'm glad the lobby didn't fill up.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

RDB

I was thinking a bit more about the clan wars topic... I'm game for some official and/or organized matches, if NL wants me to represent that is, but I think that we should probly organize some actual strategy first. After reading some of the recaps and such from other clan matches (I'm super bored in my hotel room), some of these teams are VERY organized about their strategy... down to where to stand to cover each other and such. I'm not sure how our "go kill" strategy would work against that kind of organization. Individually, we are all pretty skilled hunters and do fine head-2-head vs anyone, but we've never organized quite like that as a team.

Or we could just keep doing whatever is fun and when it happens it happens... I think I like this idea the most.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

ultima6605

jesus, i need a masterton loadout to compete with you guys in archives. with lifesaver and ultima both blasting i didn't survive more than 15 seconds on a single life!

yes you definitly need a masterson loadout for archives or other small maps iam pretty sure youll get alot more kills that way that gun is a beast its to y iam curious y you never use it?

@neolights ill add you in a bit

Edited on by ultima6605

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

Lun

ultima6605 wrote:

jesus, i need a masterton loadout to compete with you guys in archives. with lifesaver and ultima both blasting i didn't survive more than 15 seconds on a single life!

yes you definitly need a masterson loadout for archives or other small maps iam pretty sure youll get alot more kills that way that gun is a beast its to y iam curious y you never use it?

@neolights ill add you in a bit

I really had a lot of fun yesterday and finally getting a chance to get to play with some of you. I have to say, this is a very skillful team and I realize that I need a little tuning up on some things (for instance not dying every 10 seconds as the Hero in Jungle or Facility). But I think I can come around, and had some hot streaks here and there.
Oh, on Archives, Nerrel popping up on the opposition suddenly. Scary.

Lun

Nayr-WaR

xDemon720x wrote:

@Xtreme Where the heck did you go? You just left me all alone D:

Lol I went to watch some TV, and then went onto 360, I might go back on GE now...

I had some more bad matches... sigh will I EVER level up in this game?!

NNID: Nayr96

lifesavedave

It's cool rom I was getting some casual TC while waiting to join you guys. You should make a masterton loadout, just for fun and give it a try. I could see you converting to the darkside after a little bit of use with it. Yeah I was surprised that you picked goldengun. I haven't played that mode in over 30 levels and have zero stratigies on winning. I remember thinking man this could get real ugly, if it does i'll switch to the masterton. Then after a min of waiting i thought yeah i'm just going to start out with the masterton, it's going to be crazy.

A couple of those heros games yesterday where we got to be bond were wild. I had my minesweeper loadout on for some reason and you guys would not believe how many proxies were laying around everywhere! When lun was the hero he was laying proxies then ultima, rom, and I where laying out two also. It had to have been close to 8 at one point. There would be times I would be about to lay one in an area only to find one already there but I had already pressed the button so I just turned real fast and flung it in some random place trying not to double up. Good times!

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

ultima6605 wrote:

that way that gun is a beast its to y iam curious y you never use it?

i just don't like it much. i think there have been too many times where i tried to shoot someone at medium range without getting any hits, it seems to have a very strict range and i didn't want to put it in a loadout just to use it in one level. now i feel like that's not such a dumb idea!

RDB, i've been trying not to abandon the hero as much. after paying more attention to where you guys all are the past few nights it's usually been two guys hunting the other hero, at least one guy sticking with our hero, which works alright. in all honesty we could probably just send one guy to attack the enemy hero and get the kill. the problem is that we all seem to get bored after sitting around being guarded as the hero for too long and run off to get our own kills; usually when i'm backing the hero up he dies when he suddenly runs somewhere else and i can't keep up with him. we just need to keep the pace down so us poor suckers bodyguarding can keep up.

and yeah, the proxies in one of those nightclub matches made me feel bad for the other team... right up until they noob tubed me. then it was mines away. i mainly put them on the sniper spots, that booth and the upper rack, since the rest of the level was already rigged pretty well but even there i saw a few of ultima's mines!

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Spoony_Tech

I don't know how many times I started to cook a grenade and had to throw it somewhere else because of that very reason. Aww crap someones proxy!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.