Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,302

JaxonH

@link3710
Doh... you're right. Idk why I was thinking June.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
That's great to hear you're branching out. I wish more people would do this, or at least have a more open mind toward games that don't fall into a nice, tidy categorized box of expectations and preference.

One of my greatest thrills in gaming is just trying a whole bunch of new games I've never tried. There's something to be said for playing a great game in a genre or series you love. But there's something more to be said for playing a great game in a genre or series you've never played before.

I used to write off turn based games entirely. Wouldn't even give em a second glance. It was just an automatic "not fun, don't understand the appeal". Now RPGs are one of my favorite genres.

I'm a firm believer that any gamer can enjoy any genre. It's just a matter of finding the right game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH well said. That's what i used to do as well..any turned base game was a no go for me. In fact, I recall as a kid, playing paper Mario and being like" i dont get it, why can I run and jump on everyone's head and go from level to level. I remember renting it, and putting it down after 5 min since i just didn't get it. I was also about 12 or 13 and had different gaming tastes. Now im fully invested in the series.

Same with final fantasy. My neighbor would rant and rave about the series. But i would watch him play and couldn't understand why he was so into it. Now, I love it.

Just like tastes in food, you change over time, and you'll never know if you like something without trying it.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH 1st half of 2018 was more packed than 2020:

• Bayonetta 1+2
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Labo Variety + Robot Kits
  • DKC Tropical Freeze
  • Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
  • Pokemon Quest
  • Sushi Striker
  • Mario Tennis Aces

1st half of 2018 also had a lot more DLC and content updates than 1st half of 2020. E3 and the 2nd half of 2018 were the problems with Switch 2018.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Ya, I suppose you're right.

Though it's not that many more (keep in mind, Pokemon DLC and Smash DLC is scheduled this June also). And, we got the Fire Emblem Three Houses expansion too. And Brain Training. And if you count Wonderful 101 (which, I do, it will always be a Nintendo IP in my eyes regardless of permission to release elsewhere), it actually comes out ahead.

So I'd say it's about neck and neck for best H1 for Switch to date.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH For DLC/content updates in 2018 you had:

• Fire Emblem Warriors Shadow Dragon and Awakening DLC
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC including the challenge battle mode
  • Super Mario Odyssey Luigi's Balloon World, extra costumes and extra hint art update
  • Pokken DX DLC
  • Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion DLC and the usual stage/weapon updates
  • Mario + Rabbids DK story DLC
  • Some ARMS updates
  • Kirby Star Allies 1st wave of characters update

For 2020 DLC/content updates:

• Luigi's Mansion 3 multiplayer DLC
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses Cindered Shadows DLC
  • Animal Crossing updates
  • Smash Ultimate Byleth and ARMS DLC character (if not delayed for latter)
  • Pokemon Isle of Armor DLC (if not delayed)

1st half of 2018 definitely was more full but of course it comes to personal preference which is preferred.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano You're missing the major Super Mario Maker 3.0 update, probably my most played of the content released this year. It's honestly more content than several of the 2018 ones combined.

It does feel like we've gotten more than we have though, what with them bringing back Mario Kart, Splatoon and Arms events temporarily, but those aren't actually content updates.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

DenDen

@NintendoByNature
Great your trying more games!
I play every genre, I get too play a lot of fun games I otherwise whould been missing.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I think it's timing, if Animal Crossing and Xenoblade switched places (so Xenoblade in March, Animal Crossing in late May) Switch 2020 would've probably felt more packed. A big chunk of the 1st half of 2018 was me playing XC2, not just it being a long game but you also had the extra content from the expansion pass. XCDE from what has been revealed so far feels similar in content to if you bought XC2 + expansion pass and started playing the game when Torna was released in September 2018.

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

@DenDen yea I just figured, it would be a boring year had I stuck to my typical genres. I'm glad I tried what i tried this year honestly.

As weird as it sounds, I didn't LOVE a turned base game until I tried South park stick of truth during a sale last fall. It prompted me to buy fractured but whole. And it snowballed from there into more and more turned base games.

You know what they say, if you can't beat em join em 😉

NintendoByNature

link3710

@Grumblevolcano That's uh... exactly how I played XC2, I feel slightly called out lol.

As for all y'all who didn't grow up loving turn based games, I grew up during the first generation Pokemon craze and they were among my first games, so turn based games have been my thing pretty much all my life. Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, FF Tactics, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Chrono Trigger, and Dragon Quest Monsters were all huge series for me growing up. (yes I didn't play main series FF or DQ growing up somehow despite my love for the genre)

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 yea I think it partly depends on when you start gaming. For me, my first games I had my hands on were SMB1-3. Punchout, rygar, gauntlet, mega man, and ninja turtles. From there i got a genesis and most of my games were 2d platformers and beat em ups, and sports games. I kind of stuck with that for a while until I got into action adventure and fps..

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

link3710 wrote:

As for all y'all who didn't grow up loving turn based games, I grew up during the first generation Pokemon craze and they were among my first games, so turn based games have been my thing pretty much all my life. Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, FF Tactics, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Chrono Trigger, and Dragon Quest Monsters were all huge series for me growing up.

I got into Pokemon slightly after my first games, but this time period and mostly these games is also when I got into turn based games. In particular, playing FFVII at my friends house around the same time DQM 2 and Paper Mario came out, and then later Golden Sun that same year, is what I blame for getting me into JRPGs.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Famitsu interview with Takahashi. He says the Future Connected expansion is around 12 hours to do the main story, maybe up to 20 hours if you do all the sidequests.

https://www.siliconera.com/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-ed...

Lol you've gotta love Monolithsoft. That's longer that your average AAA game, and it's just a free add-on.

(someone might wanna write an article on this for the main page)

link3710 wrote:

We also know there were hints they were working on a major Xenoblade project, and it's unsure if that was referencing XC:DE or the other studio's title. So there may be another Xenoblade in the works, and if not it's quite likely the XC:DE team will be put on an XCX port if XC:DE does 3-5 million sales.

My interpretation was that this was the "xenoblade- like project" they'd mentioned in 2018. I think that's what you're referring to. 2 years for this whole thing seems about right.

I'm hoping they'll do a XCX port no matter how this sells. It will surely be profitable either way.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@link3710 I think it's timing, if Animal Crossing and Xenoblade switched places (so Xenoblade in March, Animal Crossing in late May) Switch 2020 would've probably felt more packed.

Switch might end up feeling quite packed for 2020 anyway. Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, Paper Mario, followed by the supposed 3D Mario collection, and whatever else they have planned for the holiday period.
That will end up being OK for a global pandemic year.
I mean lets be honest, that 3D Mario collection will sell like 20 million copies.

Edited on by Dezzy

DenDen

@Dezzy So long I dont see an official statement of the 3d Mario games, I wont get my hopes up.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

link3710

@Dezzy As I said, we don't know either way. It's entirely possible it was this (and unlike most remasters, this definitely counts as a major project), but I was just throwing out the possibility something else is in the pipeline is still out there.

link3710

Dezzy

DenDen wrote:

@Dezzy So long I dont see an official statement of the 3d Mario games, I wont get my hopes up.

Eh, I think we've had enough independent confirmations at this point that it's pretty certain. The details could be wrong, but I'm 95% certain there's something involving 3D Mario coming out this year.

Tyranexx

One week left. ONE. WEEK. Breathe in...breathe out....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JoeDiddley

@Tyranexx ha, I’m the same. I’m a grown man counting sleeps. Although I don’t want to wish my week off work away.

This is the first time I’ve preordered from the Nintendo store (uk). Does anyone know if, Covid aside, they have a good track record for shipping on time?

I mostly use Amazon for preorders and with free delivery I usually get it a day late.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic