Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,302

BruceCM

I've only ordered a couple of times from Nintendo UK, which was before covid & those both arrived in the morning of release day ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@JoeDiddley

Don't they just charge more than everyone else though?

link3710 wrote:

@Dezzy As I said, we don't know either way. It's entirely possible it was this (and unlike most remasters, this definitely counts as a major project), but I was just throwing out the possibility something else is in the pipeline is still out there.

Yeah it's possible. The info is quite ambiguous.

The 2 things that make me think these are the same thing though: 1) They started at almost the exact same time.
2) It was in that original job ad for a 'new project' when they first posted this new image of the Mechonis:

Untitled

At the time people said "oh it's just to remind us the sort of thing this team worked on". But retrospectively, it seems for more likely it was just a hint that they were talking about XC:DE

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tyranexx

@JoeDiddley Short week for me. It's a holiday in the US on Monday (Memorial Day), and my original intention was to work that day (usually don't have a lot going on) and use Friday as my "day off". Unfortunately, after I filed for Friday off and got it approved, HR sent out an email telling us that we had to take Monday off. So while I'm working next week, it'll only be Tues-Thurs.

I'm admittedly not too pleased at having to use two personal days instead of one (there are pros and cons to how days off for my parent company work due to the industries it caters to) as they can carry over (whereas vacation days do not, and I've burned through all those until they reset in July), but I also don't get a lot of days off during the week either. Oh well. Trying to look at the positives here. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Grumblevolcano

@JoeDiddley They were reliable until Color Splash and dipped in reliability a fair amount in the early Switch era. Don't know if they've gotten more reliable since.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Quarth

The wait is almost unbearable, but we're soon there.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

JoeDiddley

@Grumblevolcano @Dezzy
It’s showing as due to dispatch on Wednesday so fingers crossed for getting it Friday.

At the beginning of lockdown when I pre ordered a lot of my kids birthday presents were late via Amazon which is probably why I tried something else.

@Tyanexx less flexibility is frustrating but yeah, enjoy the time when you can!

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

NintendoByNature

Buying from Amazon and they're saying it's arriving June 2nd. Kind of happy about that, so I can see if Wal-Mart has it prior.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

5 more days. Getting down to the wire.

And with my new work schedule of 10 hrs 4 days a week, I’ll have Friday off for the May 29th Xenoblade/Bioshock/Borderlands/XCOM extravaganza

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

@JoeDiddley Thanks! I definitely plan to. I'll be watching my order's status way too much until it arrives. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

Guys, it's this week!

The selfish, childish part of me really is bummed that I'm going back to work now. I would have loved to be home non-stop for this game! But I'll probably end up playing this all weekend!!!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

#1 top selling game on US amazon. Glad to see a lot of people seem to be on board.

Oh and here's another cool thing we hadn't seen yet. The Colectopedia looks a lot better than before:

Untitled

Does anyone know when the review embargo lifts?

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Yeah that's incredibly disappointing. Given that it's a remaster of a Wii game, I was really hoping this would be a good chance to try and get the absolute max out of the Switch.

It really feels like they should've been able to do 720p handheld, 1080p docked. If Breath of the Wild could manage it (900p docked in that case), why not a game that's based on something simpler.

darkfenrir

Eh... I played through XC2 on undocked the whole time and thought the game looks fine (except some parts), so I'll stick to undocked for this one as well.

Doubt it'll be that bad most of the time, especially since switch's screen is also smaller

darkfenrir

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It’s definitely disappointing as I was hoping for 900p docked (since we had screenshots that Res) and more like 600p handheld.

That being said.

This info was taken from a config file .ini setting which matches Xenoblade 2’s same config file settings. So it says nothing of how often Res will need to drop to hold stable framerate.

Now, judging by the mostly rock solid 30fps it seems the game will not be struggling like Xenoblade 2 did, and thus it stands to reason it will not need to drop below 720p docked / 540p handheld beyond a few rare instances of taxing performance.

There’s also the fact that virtually everyone who’s played it claims it looks spectacular on the TV. I wouldn’t let numbers change my beliefs about how good it looks in TV mode. If everyone (including GameXplain) said it looks spectacular when docked before, I don’t see why these numbers should change that opinion.

So we have a fantastic looking game docked, and a rock solid framerate. The only real issue comes down to how it looks in handheld mode. And, while we were told previously it looked similar to Xenoblade 2 in handheld, I recall Xenoblade 2 looking pretty good in handheld... until Gormott field when the cloud sea tanked the res. When it wasn’t being tanked I thought it looked fine. And since this game doesn’t have the cloud sea, it also stands to reason the res will stay mostly locked to 540p. After all, The handheld footage we’ve seen does look better than Xenoblade 2 inasmuch as it wasn’t constantly tanking lower.

edit
Here’s some new footage

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

I don't remember XC2 noticeably dipping below 720p when docked. It always looked pretty good when docked.

That said, I was still hoping they'd go all-out on this and get it up to 1080p. So few games seem to get that maximum resolution on the Switch, which is really disappointing.

Conspiracy theory: They're deliberately making all current games below 1080p so they can sell a Switch Pro next year, which offers higher framerates and resolutions.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

If they didn't patch XC2, they sure as hell won't patch XC:DE.

@Dezzy lol Nintendo isn't going to direct its developers to gimp first-party games to sell people on hypothetical new hardware.

The hardware is underpowered, and Monolith's games are too visually ambitious for the system to handle well, especially when the GPU is underclocked in handheld mode.

Didn't XCX basically run at 720p as well? This seems par for the course for them.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

sixrings

So what we're saying is this remaster would have been better on ps4 or xbox but we still don't want a pro switch because gameplay is all that matters.

sixrings

sixrings

FYI I'll buy four switch pros day one.

sixrings

JaxonH

@sixrings
??

Literally every game ever made would “perform better” if it were running on more powerful hardware. That’s self-evident. Literally every single game on the entire Nintendo switch system would perform better on PS4 or Xbox. And literally every single PS4 and Xbox game would perform better on my PC. So you’re not really saying much there.

But just because the game would perform better doesn’t mean it is better there. People routinely buy multiplatform games on Switch that would “perform better” anywhere else. Because performing better doesn’t outweigh hybrid freedom for a lot of people. It might perform better but it would entertain less. And at the end of the day, it’s entertainment people buy games for.

I don’t think anybody is against a “Switch Pro”, and I NEVER hear anyone say “gameplay is all that matters”, so I’m not exactly sure who you’re referring to when you say “we” (unless there’s a phantom in the thread I’m not seeing?). Just because people don’t think peak performance is the be all end all, that doesn’t mean they don’t care about it at all.

I just don’t think people really care that much. Switch was a massive leap from 3DS and Vita, and right now most people are just happy seeing games looks so much better on handheld than they used to, still looking great on the TV and having the freedom to play how they want. Switch 2 comes when it comes, and until then, this will do nicely. Contrary to your internet bubble echo chamber, most people are satisfied to the extent they’re not in uber-thirst mode for some mythical Pro revision. Not saying people wouldn’t appreciate it, they’re just not that thirsty for it like some 4k junkie going into withdrawals every time they see a Switch game’s performance.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic