Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 6,761 to 6,780 of 45,971

PikPi

@Shinion Do you always gotta throw punches to people in such a vague, condescending way? please try to at least direct your responses to those you're referring to.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

andrew20

Have we thought of fire emblem as a launch game or a port of fates.

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Shinion

Throw punches what? I just said you completely missed the point I was making- which you did by bringing up a free to play game when I was talking about retail games- and like literally nothing else. Are you expecting an apology or something? And what's with this 'always'?

Seriously were you by any chance getting into an argument with someone else on another tab and got confused? Because I'm amazed that what I said offended you...

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

DefHalan

andrew20 wrote:

Have we thought of fire emblem as a launch game or a port of fates.

A new Fire emblem or HD versions of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn would be awesome for me. Take the two non-portable, Home Console experience Fire Emblems, update them and port them to their new Home/Portable Console... that could be a decent statement too lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PikPi

@Shinion Not offended, just saying you have a habit of being condescending in a vague way to those you disagree with. It'd be cool if we could engage in normal conversation instead of " I can't believe how SOME PEOPLE believe such and such wow".

PikPi

Shinion

@Operative But getting past your weirdly hurt feelings by such a soft comment I am amazed at the general acceptance of microtransactions into retail games, not even specifically directed at you or anyone else in general. These so-called 'premium' experiences that are no better than Dungeon Keeper Mobile or The Simpsons Tapped Out in how desperate they are to milk players for more money after they spend $60 or more on the thing.

Like is that offensive now, to express disbelief at a thing? I'm 99.9% certain that amazement is a normal human emotion. When did that become a thing on the internet to be offended by? I'm pretty sure I said something in exactly the same way over the last couple of days about peoples' pessimism for pessimism's sake goes and looks at past comments yup I did, and no one took umbrage with it. Because I don't see why someone would.

And again with the accusations like you know everything about me, my habits? Can you like back off? Please?

Shinion

PikPi

@Shinion Yikes. Clearly I struck a nerve. Okay, chief. Have a good night.

PikPi

Shinion

@Operative And to think just the last comment you were trying to take the high horse with your ever-so-sincere "I wish we could get along" piece. That went away quick didn't it? It's like you're a confrontational and sensitive individual who backs off when they know they've met their match.

Clever use of the emoji too. I remember you once took issue with them when it suited you of course. Wonder why that changed?

Shinion

PikPi

@Shinion Try to keep things on topic, dude! This is the Switch thread, after all.

PikPi

Shinion

@Operative Well now that's the second time you've tried to tell me what to do here in the last 10 minutes. I'll try to remember this piece of advice in amongst all the times I try to express emotion on this site for fear of offending you. Any more advice you can give me? Great emoji again!

@MarcelRguez well I dislike accusations being flung my way and then blatant from said accuser when I defend myself. I can't be expected to just sit here and take it no?

Edited on by gcunit

Shinion

PikPi

~sigh~ Anyway, what are the possibilities the Switch launches with a virtual console, or at least a way to transfer over Wii U/3DS purchases?

PikPi

MarcelRguez

@Shinion Depends if the accusation is justified or not, I'd think. Making patronizing comments and then playing the victim when you get called on it only makes you look bad.

@Operative Nintendo would let me down immensely if those purchases can't be transferred to the Switch. I bet lots of users are postponing eShop purchases until more info on that surfaces, just like I'm doing.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

PikPi

@NintyFan I'm -really- hoping the triggers are analog for just that reason, haha. Funny enough, I'd probably buy a Switch at launch if they promised Gamecube VC. While there are "other" ways to play those games, officially is definitely my preferred way. Especially if we could take them on the go

PikPi

gcunit

@Shinion No profanity, and that includes the partially censored kind, thanks.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

PikPi

@Whitewatermoose I don't think that'd be necessary. Streaming services are more useful for 1) Huge games that would eat up a good chunk of hard drive space and 2)Technology that can't actually render said games. I think VC games are small and simple enough that it wouldn't be required. Now, if we're talking Wii U games that they can't/won't port over, then I could definitely see a service like that for the Switch

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

KirbyTheVampire

@BiasedSonyFan What if that friend is purely a Sony/Microsoft fan, and doesn't care at all for Nintendo games? When he realizes there's no other options for him to play, he'll go right back to his PS4 or Xbone. However, if the Switch does have good 3rd party support, people like him will end up buying one.

KirbyTheVampire

Nicolai

@BiasedSonyFan: I could care less about 3rd party support for myself (though it would be cool to play Skyrim on a Nintendo console), but I think is necessary for the success of the console. I think that goes for a lot of us here, too. The Wii U was fantastic without good sales, but still would have been nice if it sold better. Our call for 3rd party support is only us speculating about its success.

I agree with your opinion about tablet users, though. I think a decent percentage of them are going to like the idea of the Switch. But if they get the idea that all they're going to play on it is Zelda and Mario, it's going to affect their decision. I think 3rd party support matters a great deal.

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

PikPi

@Nicolai "Our call for 3rd party support is only us speculating about its success."

You hit the nail on the head there. I suck at trying to say this simple phrase so I tend to ramble when the topic comes up usually.

PikPi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic