Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 6,781 to 6,800 of 69,981

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose I hope Nintendo has also been in talks with multiple developers to create some exclusive mature games such as Platinum Games and From Software.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarcelRguez

@FragRed Platinum are a for-hire studio, and they have a good relationship with Nintendo. I'd say their support is pretty much guaranteed if that's what Nintendo wants.

From's case is different, I don't know what they could put on the Switch. The Dark Souls series is done, going by Miyazaki's words, and if Bloodborne 2 is a thing, it will surely stay exclusive to PlayStation. About other mature franchises of theirs, Armored Core could make it. Maybe a King's Field reboot? Tenchu?

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Octane I think SMG2 may have ended up DLC for SMG if Nintendo had the Wii U mindset in the Wii era.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane I think SMG2 may have ended up DLC for SMG if Nintendo had the Wii U mindset in the Wii era.

Nah, it has plenty of content that warrants a standalone release. Captain Toad wasn't 3D World DLC either. I'm glad those games weren't just DLC packs.

Octane

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose Im interested to know how Nintendo are going to broadcast this Japanese reveal event in January for the western audience. Or are they doing what Sony did and have a seperate one in the US at the same time?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose I'm not sure. I thought they said something like that too but all I ever hear about is the one in Japan so who knows.

Buizel

Have they announced the format? Is it not a Nintendo Direct?

At least 2'8".

Luna_110

@Buizel
It seems, from the wording in the press release of the Switch, that they will have an event in Japan a la Spaceworld.
We don't know if they will have three separate events (NoJ, NoA and NoE) or only a Japanese event with them talking in English, or with live translators for non japanese speakers.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo has trademarked Wave Race in Europe. Maybe a Switch title?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano

Any listing of cartridges? If so, that's a hint. If not, could just be IP renewal.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Luna_110

There is the trademark

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/016053175

A bit lower there is a list of stuff it includes, but reading it right now will give me a headache.

And while its has to be taken with a bucket of salt, Emily Rogers commented that Eurogamer may have news tomorrow.... A mere coincidence, or a sign of things to come?

Edited on by Luna_110

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

IceClimbers

Emily Rogers has also said she won't be sharing anymore rumors between now and January.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

@IceClimbers Nintendo have sent their Ninjas

Haruki_NLI

@Luna_110 Seems just like a trademark renewal, covers all form of video games and a lot of merch.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

A wave race revival would be quite a surprise. I'm sure many people would be happy to hear such news

TuVictus

TuVictus

Wasn't Mario 128 the tech demo that led to pikmin?

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

If Nintendo decides to reveal the Switch's particularities and launch lineup in a traditional conference, I hope they don't just invite the press but regular fans as well. Get YouTubers in there and allow them to try the device. Spread the word like wildfire and avoid the awkward silences of press conferences. Make it short too.

@Whitewatermoose Remasters of old games are fan-pleasers. I don't think many people are interested in new versions of games from a decade ago, especially when talking about a franchise like Wave Racer.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Report: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day
Source

I didn't consider this for a second. Original rumor:

MyNintendoNews wrote:

• He says he’s only sharing stuff multiple sources have confirmed
  • “Sure about 20 games in development”
  • Their sources are currently developing on the platform and have devkits
  • “You’ll be able to verify these leaks very soon” but not aware of the actual reveal date
  • Nintendo hasn’t shared all of the NX “gimmicks” with their dev yet
  • Hybrid confirmed but not the only “surprise”
  • He’s been confirmed there are detachable controllers
  • No real dock where you plug the handheld, but a wireless ‘dongle’ upscaling for the TV
  • Handheld game is the same as the “docked” game
  • Games look good on the handheld screen (780 – 900p), about PS4 level
  • Ports should be easy despite the different architecture
  • Very positive feedback on the dev tools
  • Breath of the Wild looks nicer on NX
  • Smartphone connectivity maybe possible
  • VR not out of the question but first tests aren’t satisfying.
  • Lots of remasters planned (Skyward Sword, MK8, Splatoon, Smash, N64 and Wii games)
  • FFXV and FFVII Remake are coming to NX
  • Platinum Games and Capcom are in
  • Ubisoft in (BG&E 2 discussed but not confirmed, Splinter Cell and a Yoshi / Rabbid Rabbits crossover being discussed too)

Source

MarcelRguez

Shinion

@MarcelRguez Laura said she's uncertain as to the truthfulness of that original rumour, referencing the Yoshi/Rabbids part as "outdated". Since it's an Ubisoft game and they're leaking left right and centre then I think we can expect that game in the launch lineup as this system's 'ZombiU' so to speak.

We're also expecting a report from Eurogamer about another Switch project that Laura is aslo confident in. Early rumblings are that it is the non-Pokken Pokemon game.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic