Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 6,741 to 6,760 of 69,963

Grumblevolcano

@Whitewatermoose Doubt it but I wouldn't be surprised if Persona 5 does make it onto Switch as Tokyo Mirage Sessions is very Persona-like.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Azooooz

@BiasedSonyFan We still don't know if this is the old Elder Scroll V: Skyrim or the new one. We can guess as much as we can, but in the end, it's a game that worth playing, whether it's new or old.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MarcelRguez

@Whitewatermoose Can't see it coming to the Switch, with the main series being exclusive to PlayStation systems and all. I guess it's not impossible (Persona Q and TMS do exist, after all), but I'm not betting on it. I'd be very excited if it came to pass, but I'm sure we'll see SMT5 on the Switch before anything else Persona-related.

@Azooooz We do know. It's the remaster.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Shinion Pretty sure the reason Persona 5 has a PS3 version is because of goodwill (i.e. it started off as a PS3 game and then the long development led to a PS4 version but the PS3 version not getting cancelled). Something I'm increasingly doubting regarding BotW and Wii U as signs point to BotW not even being a Switch launch title.

I was actually wrong about this (about Persona 5 for PS3), the most recent delay came with a cancellation of the PS3 version. I still stand by my word though that the further BotW is from Switch launch the more likely the Wii U version is being canned.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KirbyTheVampire

It would probably be a better thing for the Switch if the Wii U version were cancelled. More people would buy the Switch if that were the case.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Grumblevolcano

@KirbyTheVampire Not necessarily, while it may increase Switch sales it may however increase PS4/XB1 sales instead as it gives the viewpoint that if Switch doesn't sell well then Nintendo will abandon the system early on.

Grumblevolcano

KirbyTheVampire

@Grumblevolcano Hmm, that's true. I guess it's kind of a double edged sword. Probably it would be better in the long run for Nintendo to release it on the Wii U. Then the people who own one won't feel like Nintendo dropped them and the Wii U like a ton of bricks.

KirbyTheVampire

Shinion

@Grumblevolcano Just curious as to what it would take for you to be convinced that your paranoia isn't correct? It's a game that was announced for one platform with a tech(ish)-in-game-engine-5-second-demo-whatever at E3 2014 and despite unquestionably not having a smooth development has been consistently reassured as to its status on the platform it was announced for, even when it would've been at the most sensible time to cancel it they showed Link on a horse for another 5 seconds in a Direct even though everyone and their mum knew it was delayed specifically to coincide with Nintendo's next system.

Then they do the unprecedented (yes I used that word in a pre-release of a Nintendo console thread haha 10/10 memes) move of having a several hour long stream at the biggest gaming event specifically for the Wii U version a few months after they re-re-reconfirmed that it was still happening on the Wii U. People even got to play this demo and have in smaller quantities since at other events. Then in the latest financial meeting despite dropping the guillotine on the Wii U and having since confirmed it has stopped production of the console it is still listed in the upcoming games that they have.

And now, after leaks upon leaks by people with inside knowledge who have no reason to lie, there is not only the conspicuous absence of the absolute megaton that would gain all the attention that leakers (yes I do respect these people but let's call a spade a spade people) desire that would be a Zelda BoTW Wii U cancellation but it has been leaked that the Wii U version is coming.

Again, I get pessimism. I get that plans change. But Nintendo have had literally years worth of time where a cancellation would've happened if it was going to happen, even going radio silent on it for the best part of a year. I also get that Nintendo don't do good and hate their fans because LOL Federation Force/Paper Mario Colour Splash but come on. If you're that adamant and convinced despite all this I've typed to the contrary then I'd hope you won't mind me calling what you're being right now.

Paranoid.

At least give them the benefit of the doubt until the 12th of January but even then I'm not sure if you'll be convinced so deep the paranoia must be for you to be adamant even now.

So back to my original question, when will you come round?

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

@Shinion About a month before release where the release date of the Wii U version is specific (as in the specific day, something like March 2017 would be too vague for example).

By the way, I don't have problems with Federation Force or Color Splash, the latter is a ton of fun and the former was fun of what I played though other 3DS games took priority. My biggest issues with Nintendo this gen has been the Wii U game droughts, the treatment of the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors, Pokken and Woolly World as other versions started getting exclusive content as well as the BotW situation.

VC is another thing but its hard to tell if the recent NoE drought is because of NoA's poor support of it before Color Splash.

Grumblevolcano

Shinion

@Grumblevolcano Don't read too much into the FF/CS thing, sarcasm is hard to convey with just typed words.

As for Zelda, you do you I guess, though I feel I've explained quite well enough why this sort of cancellation would be unprecedented(!).

I for one feel like I have no real reason(s) to heavily doubt that I will be playing that game on Wii U so I'm glad I'm on this side of the fence so to speak. Still hoping against all hope that this part of all parts that got leaked was faulty or incorrect and it is still on course for March for both versions though I'm expecting disappointment there at least.

Shinion

SLIGEACH_EIRE

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/798886351911403520

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/798843142694785024

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/798843773329362944

• 3D Mario could and should be great as long as it's not another 3D World.
  • Zelda will be brilliant.
  • Pokemon, I could not care less about
  • Retro Studios, fingers crossed it's great and not another DK game
  • Mario Kart, port
  • Splatoon, port
  • Pikmin 4, should have been on Wii U, we were shafted, development was supposedly finished

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

KirbyTheVampire

That's all they have for the whole first year? Not a whole lot of games on that list. I guess they're going for quality over quantity.

KirbyTheVampire

FragRed

If the launch line up is everything it seems like it could be, I think I could spend easy in access of £350 to £500 (assuming the £249 bundle is true). There are gonna be a few games I will want asap.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@KirbyTheVampire From a 1st party perspective, that's a pretty damn good first year lineup. She forgot to list Smash though. Also it's not taking into account 3rd party games.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Zelda is a nailed on buy. Mario we need to see but it should be terrific. But I don't want to spend €60 on ports of games I already own on Wii U. Nintendo had better have some plan to help us out. What if the games were patched on Wii U and you could play online across both systems? Technically, the games don't look superior.

I'm thinking of missing buying on day 1 as Wii U annoyed me in so many ways. Haven't missed buying a Nintendo console on day 1 all the way back from the SNES right through to the Wii U. Nintendo have a lot of talking and convincing to do in January. Though they said many things prior to Wii U's launch which were lies and angers me just thinking about.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

TuVictus

Pikmin 4, I hope that's an early Switch launch game! Maybe summer when they don't really need to release heavy hitters.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic