Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,741 to 36,760 of 69,997

FragRed

@GrailUK There may well be some potential sales there EA could make putting some of their back catalogue on the Switch, but perhaps the cost of doing that outweighs any potential profits. Especially as EA would have to pay for the bigger retail cartridges, I couldn't see them going digital only. But there is also no micro transactions or loot boxes in those games so it would also be a one off lump sum of money for them.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@subpopz @Anti-Matter That is so true, plus there are a ton of bugs and glitches that have never ever been fixed, and likely won't be. It feels like the team behind the Sims 4 is tiny and given little resources in order to maximise profits. Anyway, I am sure The Sims 5 will be announced within a year or two so it will all start over.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GrailUK

@FragRed I think it could be a nice little earner for one of those porting companies to get in on. I wonder what Tantalus are up to these days.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

@GrailUK A nice little earner isn't really what EA are interested in though. They want huge profits or they don't want to know. Same as Activision, very similar mind sets hence why Sierra seemed to have all but disappeared after a couple of games and the split with Bungie and the Destiny IP. Despite likely decent sales, Activision weren't making enough.

bluemage1989

@GrailUK for all the hate EA receive they actually have made some pretty great games over the last 20 odd years. I hope we see more from them on Switch.

bluemage1989

Diddy64

I can't speak for the others but personally I don't hate them. I just wish they weren't so gaga over money. Yes I know money is important, but they are probably multimillionaire, if not multibillionaire.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

GrailUK

@bluemage1989 Indeed. Many have skipped being on a Nintendo console. I get what Mr Red says about it probably not being something EA are chasing, but it could be something Nintendo could pursue. Proven classics on the Switch is a key strategy for them.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

Interesting Smash Ultimate development tidbits

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Alantor28

IceClimbers wrote:

Interesting Smash Ultimate development tidbits

Huh. Interesting. Oh well, at least Incineroar was chosen for Smash.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

JaxonH

@FragRed
A nice little earner isn't really what EA are interested in though. They want huge profits or they don't want to know

Truer words have scarcely been spoken

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

toiletduck

Anti-Matter wrote:

What about The Sims franchises ?
Looks like almost nobody here like to talk about The Sims games.

The first time I saw you mentioning it some 15 months ago I was quite into the idea, but since I can't see your name under a topic without a mention of this game anymore, I think I grew a little Sims Fatigue

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Ryu_Niiyama

Wait people play the sims on console? I’m sorry.

I’m kidding but that being said I am a sims pc player.

Really enjoying Travis strikes back.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FragRed

@DarthNocturnal And now you’ve reminded me of the last Sim City game. So much potential yet such a disappointment. Last time I pre-ordered a game from EA. Though they did give everyone who pre-ordered a free game as “goodwill”.

Alantor28

Not sure if anyone heard of it yet, but I checked Nintendo's YouTube and found out that Sword Art Online: Hollow Realzation is confirmed for Nintendo Switch. I love the SAO games and though I already own the PS4 version, I dunno if I will get the Switch version.

PSN: MMX20

Octane

@gcunit I mean, we're six years in and all we got is two mediocre shooters. It's the worst way to manage your brand. Disney shouldn't have sold it all to EA, they should've done it on a case-by-case basis. Heck, EA owns Bioware; there's so much potential; even within EA I'd argue. None of that will ever see the light of day though.

Octane

redd214

The EA hate is everywhere it seems lol. I like a number of their games and they get 3 or 4 purchases from me a year. I buy Madden and FIFA pretty much every year since they are great when you have people over, have bought pretty much every NFS game since the PS1 and am really looking forward to Anthem. They defintley do some crappy things but as long as they make games Im interested in, they will get some of my money.

redd214

JaxonH

People hate EA for good reason. But is long as one of their games is good and doesn’t take MTX too far, I’ll buy it. Unfortunately more and more of what they put out is online only ridden with MTX.

Btw, can I just say how surprised I am with No More Heroes? With all the bashing of the game I thought I had for sure made a mistake buying a copy. I was expecting an absolute crapper of a game. But what I got... is actually kinda pretty good? Like, I’m honestly having fun playing it. I had to put the system in sleep mode and contemplate the matter. Wow, I said to myself. This game is actually kind of fun!

It’s not going to win any GotY Awards, that’s for sure. But... I do rather like it. The beat em up combat is actually really well done and addictive, and not nearly as easy as I had expected. I actually died before I even got to the first minigame. It’s super fun clicking L3 analog and shaking the controller to refill your batteries for attacking. It sounds corny but, it’s just honest to goodness fun.

Idk guys. I kind of feel like some of those reviews were a little too harsh on it. Especially Jimquisition. I kind of get where he’s coming from story wise, because I find myself not really caring about that either. But the combat just feels great. Like Bayonetta when you get a new skill or combo, it’s exciting. And I love how the game tells you “you can level up now, but why don’t you see how far you can go without leveling up, like a real gamer”. It’s a direct challenge.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ThanosReXXX

Damn... just entered the eShop, because I wanted to buy Rogue Trooper Redux for the ridiculously low price of $6.99, only to find out that it was apparently a temporary discount, and now it's back to $24.99...

It's certainly a solid game in its genre, and I most definitely had fun with the reboot of the non-HD original on the Wii, but that price is a bit too steep for what it is, regardless of it being an HD makeover.

What a shame, but the joke's kind of on me, for missing out on it at the discounted price...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Captain_Toad

Can't wait for EA to get the Star Wars license revoked.
And I'll give NMH:TSA a try disbarring the reviews.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic