Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,741 to 36,760 of 43,621

GrailUK

@ReaderRagfish Why I outta...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish @GrailUK Is it bad I almost opened a new tab to pull up my MS account and store before I thought “wait, that’s not true”

Ragfiiiiiiish!

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

The Switch news section confirms today's Odyssey hint art is the last one.

Note that for the Santa Outfit and 8-bit Mario Cap Switch news post, the end of the post says "Look forward to more updates in the future!"

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Alantor28

Hey guys, my birthday is coming up and I am gonna celebrate Hanukkah on Sunday December 2nd. I asked my family to get me Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu (The Game and Pokeball Plus Pack) along with some Nintendo Switch games and a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Is the Pro Controller good for playing Switch games that don't require you to use the Joy-Cons?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

HobbitGamer

@Alantor28 I like using my Pro for most games in lieu of the joy-cons. It doesn't work with Pokemon or Mario Party, though. But I prefer it for BotW, LA Noire, Fortnite.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Alantor28 Pro controller is my second favorite current gen controller behind XBox Elite. Sometimes I do prefer just chilling with a joycon in each hand for something like Rabbids or Odyssey. Even BOTW. But for something like Splatoon, MonHun, even Starlink, Pro controller all day, every day. Basically anything that makes heavy use of the 3D camera in any fast paced way, I prefer on the Pro.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

NEStalgia wrote:

@Alantor28 Pro controller is my second favorite current gen controller behind XBox Elite. Sometimes I do prefer just chilling with a joycon in each hand for something like Rabbids or Odyssey. Even BOTW. But for something like Splatoon, MonHun, even Starlink, Pro controller all day, every day. Basically anything that makes heavy use of the 3D camera in any fast paced way, I prefer on the Pro.

Are you my clone?! Yeah, it is super comfy tho. My only super tiny nitpick even boils down to me preferring the Microsoft triggers. Also, the battery in this sucker lasts me forever

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Grumblevolcano

I'd put top 3 as:
Switch Pro Controller
GC controller
XB1 controller (Halo 5 model onwards)

Though unlike with Brawl and Wii U, I'm going to properly trial the Pro controller for Smash this time. The spare GC controller will come in useful irrelevant of what control method I use as it's not like Nintendo's going to release games like Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, F-Zero GX and TTYD on Switch anytime soon if at all.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikPi

I'm honestly surprised the pro controller is as popular as it is. The only thing I like on it better than the Wii U one is the weight, it feels like it has value. Kind of a very minor thing, though, I find it worse in every other way aside from the functionalities of course.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Ryu_Niiyama

I like the pro controller as a traditional controller but I've been just dual wielding the joycons.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Therad

You can't do a proper Kaizumi couch position with a pro controller... So it is clearly inferior to joy cons.

Therad

Alantor28

Therad wrote:

You can't do a proper Kaizumi couch position with a pro controller... So it is clearly inferior to joy cons.

...What's your point?

PSN: MMX20

bluemage1989

Seeing as everyone's talking controls I have three options and don't know what to do.

PowerA Wired Control £45
Pro Control £125
Set of neon yellow joy cons £75

All three have there pros and cons but what would you guys think would be the best purchase.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

bluemage1989

I live in a country with high tax on games and most well known sites don't ship here so I have the option of buying local with tax or buying through a local import company with various fees that take it to the same price anyway @gcunit

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

MsJubilee

bluemage1989 wrote:

PowerA Wired Control £45

I wouldn't recommend this to be quite honest. I bought one of these thinking it was gonna be decent, turns out it was cheap garbage. First time i plugged it on and it already was causing me problems. Now it's working fine(i guess), but on occasion it malfunctions. I would save your money and go for a pro controller.

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died,there is no more me.

Finished reading God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand. Started on Grappler Baki.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

bluemage1989

@MsJubilee thanks for the heads up.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

HobbitGamer

@bluemage1989 As expensive as it is comparatively, I’d save for the Pro Controller.
It really is a quality product, and the charge really lasts.
This is assuming you’re wanting a secondary just for you. If you think you’ll play enough 4 player single joycon games, then the joycon set would be wise.
If you’re just wanting a comfortable option for yourself, Pro C.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic