Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,761 to 36,780 of 69,981

Anti-Matter

@Link-Hero
But i still captivated by six pack guys, building & furnishing house on The Sims 4.
Also, playing as Police / Restaurant owner / Doctor / Boutique owner from The Sims 4 Get to Work are very interesting for me.

Anti-Matter

GeeEmm

There a few EA games I would like to see on Switch, Dantes Inferno being the big one. Loved that game!

GeeEmm

Therad

Octane wrote:

@gcunit I mean, we're six years in and all we got is two mediocre shooters. It's the worst way to manage your brand. Disney shouldn't have sold it all to EA, they should've done it on a case-by-case basis. Heck, EA owns Bioware; there's so much potential; even within EA I'd argue. None of that will ever see the light of day though.

But how much is left of the old bioware? Talented people seem to flee studios when they join EA.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Therad

Link-Hero wrote:

@Anti-Matter
I'm sorry to say, but you have to give up on The Sims 4. Not because of it being a bad game mind you, but due to EA and what they done with the series since the 3rd one. 2-3 was one of my most favorite games to play in the 2010's with all the custom building you can do with houses, landscapes, and the sims themselves. But around the the time the 3rd one was being made, EA have intentionally been removing content from the base game and expansions. Why they doing that? So you are forced to buy more of the expansions you don't need and make you pay close to or the same amount that you payed for the base game.

I know you're mostly going to deny of what I'm telling you due to really wanting the game, but if you purchase it, you would just be supporting there disgusting practices.

My daughter has asked me to buy sims 4, but I am very hesitant. The youtubers she have seen playing sims have probably gotten the game + expansions for free. If you want everything it becomes something like 400 dollars. Sure, the base game isn't that much, but I have a feeling something will be missed that she wants.

Therad

gcunit

@Therad Get her the base game, on the agreement that she pays for any add-ons.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FragRed

@Therad I was looking into The Sims 4 during one of EA's Origin sales. The base game was about £8.99 but it's really the expansions where EA makes the money. £35 (normal price) for an expansion of which there are several so far is a complete and utter rip off. Then you have the content packs that are about £20 each and there's a few of those with little of anything in them.

Basically you need to purchase the game at or near launch in order to find yourself up against a hefty price tag further down the road.

As you said, I'm not sure which YouTube channels she has been watching, but I know some such as The Sims Supply do get all their games and expansions free.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Therad

New indie direct tomorrow.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Therad

subpopz wrote:

@Therad I think you're still a bit low for the total cost of absolutely everything
The base game is missing a lot that was held back to sell in packs. She probably wouldn't want absolutely everything, but would almost certainly be missing something she wants. Best bet would be to go through the packs to find the ones she wants and wait for a sale to grab them.
Oddly enough, I don't think anyone else has stepped up with a decent alternative game.

Yeah, I just looked at the page with expansions and spitballed it. She has horrible impulse control though, so letting her chose isn't to wise.

gcunit wrote:

Get her the base game, on the agreement that she pays for any add-ons.

Oh, she needs to pay for it all. She has her birthday in november.

Therad

TuVictus

Don't care for indies, but it's something

TuVictus

Octane

@redd214 Well, I mean, they're sitting on the Star Wars brand, and they're not doing anything with it. It's Star Wars, a franchise that sells itself, but they have no clue how to do it. That single player SW game Amy Hennig was working on? Going by the sales of something like God of War, that would be a massive hit, even if it wasn't up to par with the best narrative driven games. But no, it wasn't meant to be. Open world Star Wars from Visceral? Eh, I mean, I don't trust EA with MTX and open world games, but it's better than nothing. Cancelled as well. We know Respawn is working on something, and that's supposed to come out this year, but really? I have my doubts, we haven't seen anything from that game yet. Star Wars RPG anyone? It just feels a lot like a ton of wasted potential. Disney should've been on knees at CDPR HQ in Poland begging them to make a Star Wars RPG or something; not this, whatever their current deal is with EA.

Octane

Octane

PikPi wrote:

Don't care for indies, but it's something

If it's a good indie, I don't mindie, but if it's a bad indie, it goes straight into the bindie.

Untitled

Octane

redd214

@Octane Umm OK thanks, don't think I mentioned Star wars at all as I'm not too big of a fan. Hope you get a great SW game in the future!

redd214

Octane

@redd214 I understand, but you mentioned ''EA hate'', so it's only fair to know where the frustration comes from.

Octane

link3710

@redd214 Holy shoot, those are some crazy numbers. Here I was hoping the Switch would keep even with the PS4 in December, not nearly triple it.

link3710

redd214

@subpopz 91+ million on the ps4 but I get what you're saying, I think I've bought 5 or 6 myself lol! Will definitely get over 100 but I'm sure they're ready to move onto the ps5. Switch is certainly hitting its stride though hope they keep it up.

redd214

WebHead

I also think simple fact is ps4 is reaching market saturation.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

gcunit

subpopz wrote:

@redd214 Oh is it that high? I just took a stab in the dark with a large number lol

This sums up the depth of Internet conversation, ladies and gentleman!

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

EvilLucario

Switch is absolutely still killing it! Now I'm starting to really think they can hit that elusive 20 million mark for this fiscal year. I had my doubts during the middle of 2018, but now I'm starting to think more and more that they can make it through.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic