Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,761 to 36,780 of 42,468

bluemage1989

Seeing as everyone's talking controls I have three options and don't know what to do.

PowerA Wired Control £45
Pro Control £125
Set of neon yellow joy cons £75

All three have there pros and cons but what would you guys think would be the best purchase.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

bluemage1989

I live in a country with high tax on games and most well known sites don't ship here so I have the option of buying local with tax or buying through a local import company with various fees that take it to the same price anyway @gcunit

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

MsJubilee

bluemage1989 wrote:

PowerA Wired Control £45

I wouldn't recommend this to be quite honest. I bought one of these thinking it was gonna be decent, turns out it was cheap garbage. First time i plugged it on and it already was causing me problems. Now it's working fine(i guess), but on occasion it malfunctions. I would save your money and go for a pro controller.

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

bluemage1989

@MsJubilee thanks for the heads up.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

HobbitGamer

@bluemage1989 As expensive as it is comparatively, I’d save for the Pro Controller.
It really is a quality product, and the charge really lasts.
This is assuming you’re wanting a secondary just for you. If you think you’ll play enough 4 player single joycon games, then the joycon set would be wise.
If you’re just wanting a comfortable option for yourself, Pro C.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bluemage1989

@HobbitGamer I'd say the chances of four player is remote but I do like the idea of having back up joycons as well as the fairly unlikely chance of playing a two player game with motion controls then again my big hands do struggle somewhat and I think the pro controller looks better in that regard. I will probably buy both before the end January but would be handy to have something before Christmas when they will likely sell out here.

Looking forward to the Christmas break have three weeks off so plenty of time with the wife and kids and catching up with some games as I have a big back log to tackle.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

ReaderRagfish

The Gamecube controller is decent for most switch games, but it's missing a button or two, the sticks don't click, and for the games I tried it doesn't register L or R until you push them all the way down.

Anyone know how good the wired Hori pad is? The one with the weird removable D Pad?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Grumblevolcano

Kirby Star Allies 4.0.0 update out now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MsJubilee

Aozz101x wrote:

a new Koei Tecmo game that's coming to Switch, PlayStation 4 and PC will be revealed on December 6, 2018.
https://nintendoeverything.com/koei-tecmo-teasing-new-announc...

I can't wait to play another Dynasty Warrior game. Don't stop Koei,keep em coming.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

It’ll be another Nabanugas Ambition, that they’ll localize in the west for PS4 but leave Japan only on Switch, Despite the game already being on the console and despite already paying for localization... just because they like messing with us.

Ok. Horizon Chase Turbo... guys, this game. Oh my gosh. This game is incredible and astonishingly is one of my new favorite racing games of all time. It’s exactly what I’ve always wanted. The old school style but brought into the modern age with HD graphics and is sleek art style, with super precise mechanics and charm (like passing into first, A little speech bubble pops over your drivers car that says “Ah, alone at last!” Or when you get hit he says “Ouch!” And all sorts of other funny stuff. 119 tracks in the game, World Tour Mode, tournaments, ghosts data even during main modes... it’s the full package. I honestly can’t find one single criticism about this game.

I know there’s a lot of games that I think are good, but very few are like... immaculate. This game is immaculate, even pulling me away from Pokémon Let’s Go and Civ.

The other game I’m going to prays to high heaven is Guacamelee. Men is this game incredible! I always knew it was a good game but I had never really gotten deeper into it. When I pre-ordered the new one I decided to fire up the old one, and I can’t seem to stop playing. It’s up there as one of the better Metroidvanias I’ve ever played, and I have no doubt the sequel releasing December 10 is going to be a masterpiece.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Therad

bluemage1989 wrote:

@HobbitGamer I'd say the chances of four player is remote but I do like the idea of having back up joycons as well as the fairly unlikely chance of playing a two player game with motion controls then again my big hands do struggle somewhat and I think the pro controller looks better in that regard. I will probably buy both before the end January but would be handy to have something before Christmas when they will likely sell out here.

Looking forward to the Christmas break have three weeks off so plenty of time with the wife and kids and catching up with some games as I have a big back log to tackle.

I would opt for the joycons if you plan to play 3-4 in Mario party and/or kart. Party requires joycons, pro controllers won't work. Otherwise the pro controller is a nice compliment to the cons and still allows you to play 3 in for example Mario kart. As usual, it is all about how you will use the console.

Therad

NEStalgia

Since people are talking wired controllers, the Hori Pad is pretty decent, and pretty cheap. Their triggers are weird but they have great D-Pads. I got one for MH because that game makes me badly abuse controllers and I didn't want to devastate the $70 Pro on a stupid Lagombi.

NEStalgia

Sadist

Speaking of controllers, gotta chime in and say the pro controller is the best. Its a tad expensive, but its one of the best controllers ever made.

I bought a PS4 last week (Europe had its own Spidey bundle) and while the Dualshock 4 is a good improvement, it still isn’t as good as the Switch pro controller. Especially in regards to batterylife.

Sadist

Ralizah

@Sadist DS4 has better stick placement and is more comfortable to hold. But the battery life is, indeed, almost embarrassingly bad.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

ReaderRagfish

I wish they made the DS4 with the same D Pad as the PS Vita. It's possibly the best D Pad ever made in my opinion, and yet it's wasted on the Vita.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Vee_Flames

Ralizah wrote:

DS4 has better stick placement and is more comfortable to hold. But the battery life is, indeed, almost embarrassingly bad.

Mm, I dunno. The thin base (where all the buttons and sticks are located) of the Dualshock 4 mean that I'm always holding the controller in some awkward way unlike when I'm using the Pro Controller, Xbox One controller, or even the GamePad. The placement of the DS4 sticks doesn't help its situation, either. But that's just me, honestly. I feel like the Pro Controller and the XONE controllers are among the top current generation (and traditional, if we're not counting the Wii U GamePad) controllers.

Edited on by Vee_Flames

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Sadist

@Ralizah
Agree to disagree then; I like a bit more meat on my controller, so I feel the Switch Pro controller is better for me.

Sadist

EvilLucario

I just got my PS4 this Black Friday and I played the hell out of Bloodborne (amazing game btw). Then when I went back to play some Mario Odyssey, right when I grabbed my Pro Controller I noticed that it just felt way better than the DS4 in almost every way. Sure enough, the next time I played Bloodborne the DS4 just didn't feel as good as the Pro Controller. Still good and the DS4 isn't a dumpster fire (the D-Pad is better, for one), but otherwise I prefer the Pro Controller over the DS4.

Thing is, I'll still be using the DS4 for my PC games because having to deal with inverted buttons on Nintendo controllers with PC games SUCKS. At least with the DS4 I don't have that much muscle memory problems there.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic