Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,721 to 36,740 of 42,744

Therad

Mrtoad wrote:

So they're predicting the Switch will sell about 17 million... the same as last year. I don't know why they're making it sound like sales have decreased by a wide margin.

It depends on what you are looking at. If you are comparing year against year, it is basically the same. But if you look at the monthly sales, it had been slumping the last few months. Which is to be expected since Nintendo haven't really had any big exclusives this year. (At least not before let's go)

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Octane

Why does anyone still believe anything he says? If he was right, we'd all be playing on the N64 Classic by now...

Octane

Cobalt

@Mrtoad

Two things :

I just gave raw what came to my ears, I'm not working in a secret lab at Nintendo... lol
Plans change over the time too... The N64 images were apparently "proof of concept".
At this time, there are some people saying that BECAUSE of the "flop" of the Online Service, Nintendo could change the plan to include SNES and N64 roms to give a boost to it...

Wait and see...

@Octane
Untitled

Cobalt

Cobalt

I remember that I had a conversation about the "Pokémon Let's Go effect" with several people here.

I hope that all of these persons are gonna get my point now BECAUSE we have facts that confirm what I told them.

From MediaCreate : this is even worse than what I thought...

01./01. [NSW] Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! # (Pokemon Co.) {2018.11.16} (¥5.980) - 162.467 / 823.707 (-75%)

Just to give a perspective, Battlefield V sold 110.653 units at the same time... with a higher price(¥7.800).

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

HobbitGamer

@Cobalt I have no clue what those numbers are representing.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@HobbitGamer Second week sales of Let's Go outsold first week sales of Battlefield V in Japan. No idea what his point is though.

Octane

Cobalt

@HobbitGamer It's written "from MediaCreate"... ^^
You can easily understand that's the weekly sells in Japan !

Untitled

Cobalt

Cobalt

@Octane My point was that I explained here that Pokémon Let's go will drop heavily in terms of sells after the first weeks.
I explained that the "PokéJunkies" will buy the game day one but the "standard gamers" will not really care because they want a "real pokémon game". ^^

Cobalt

darkfenrir

Didn't Pokemon almost always have massive drop-off though? For example, Sun/Moon went from 1.6m to 350k sales from one week to the next...

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Buizel

@Cobalt Your point is that despite a drop from week 1 (which is expected), its still outselling a week 1 game which launched on systems with a larger install base? Huh?

I don't think those numbers are really comparable, nor representative. You don't have to look far to find indicators of Pokemon's success, both historically and on this occasion.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

NEStalgia

Pokemon is Pokemon. It sells. Well. A tiny portion of "hardcore competitive Pokemon players" who still cross-breed their Gen1 Pokemon and identify the stripe difference between 2003 Pikachu and 2018 Pikachu aren't terribly significant a market.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@Cobalt No, I don't know what the number sets mean without a legend.
I had to go find the source so I could even understand it. I didn't even know what MediaCreate was, btw. Context is a beautiful thing.

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/media-create-sales-11-19-18-11-25-18
11/19/18-11/25/18
LEGEND: Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
1) [NSW] Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee! (Bundle Editions Included) (Nintendo, 11/16/18) – 162,467 (823,707)
2) [PS4] Battlefield V (Electronic Arts, 11/20/18) – 110,653 (New)

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@Cobalt That's what all games do... Besides, I think it's the other way around. I've seen people buy this game that haven't bought a Pokemon game in years, the people that played Pokemon GO and happened to have a Switch. I think the competitive players are the ones waiting for next year's game.

Octane

PikPi

Anecdotally, I've seen family members that were reintroduced to the world with GO pick up a Switch just for this. I imagine this is the ideal scenario for Nintendo and there are plenty others like them. Seems like it's doing super well despite all the whining.

PikPi

HobbitGamer

@Octane That's me. Before UM in March, the last new pokemon game I bought was Diamond. I don't even know if I'll play the new 2019 title, but I really enjoy Let's Go.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Therad

Pokemon lets go have already sold 3 millions, if that isn't a successful game, I don't know what is.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

NEStalgia

@PikPi The whining came from the "competitive" "fans". What percentage of the Pokemon global brand consumer sensation actually follow competitive play? Most follow Pikachu from the Thanksgiving Parade balloon, not through the stats of the championships and shinys.

Lost of people here sure understand gaming, but so few seem to understand consumer kids brands when there was any doubt at all that a game with a smiling Pikachu and the word Pokemon on the cover wouldn't light up holiday sales charts.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia "but so few seem to understand consumer products in general"
FTFY

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

GrailUK

Color Zen is free on the eShop. Decent little puzzler.

Finally...a game folk can't complain it's cheaper elsewhere lol.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic