Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,541 to 34,560 of 69,997

HobbitGamer

They shud jest go back to making hamfood cards again if they cant figure out what people want for hundreds of dollers im not a flambé either I like all games even my litebrite and tony hawk on ngage yet another friedcheese that still has no game on swatch

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Nemodius

damn Nate, Hissss....

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

link3710

@nate2017 Are you telling me that you don't carry your cell phone around if you leave the house? How odd. Besides, Netflix on all mobile gaming platforms (3DS and Vita being the only ones so far) have historically not allowed downloaded videos as far as I'm aware. Only cell phones and tablets allow that. I don't know why you think it would be any different on the Switch.

link3710

HobbitGamer

Real talk, I personally am fine with the fact that my Switch doesn’t have a suite of entertainment apps. My lifestyle doesn’t fit with public transportation or another time where I would be taking advantage of watching something while out and about. If I want to see a snippet of YouTube, I’ve got my phone. If I’m at home, all my televisions have roku devices. My main room television even has YouTube and Netflix on board. I’m not against the things existing, but I know I’d never use them. The only time my Switch is active and not running a game is if I’m in the newsfeed reading about a game, or in the eShop, looking to purchase a game.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

3rd and (what I assume to be) the final video for Civ before launch, this time explaining how victory is achieved.

@ReaderRagfish
I don't think that's fair. Expecting a system to perform duties associated with appliances is not the same thing as expecting a video based entertainment system to provide video based apps that almost every video based device in the entire world has.

The expectation of apps on Switch is completely reasonable. Any argument to the contrary is spin. Most video game systems have apps, and there's a very good reason for that- most people want to use them on that device because it's more convenient than using them on another device. So the desire for apps on switch is 100% legitimate. Regardless of whether any one individual would or would not use them, The switch should have apps and it is unfortunate that it does not, because the vast majority of people want them and would use them.

Having said that, at the end of the day having apps is an extra feature. At the end of the day, as long as the system performs its primary function, no reasonable person would be dissuaded by such a thing. Anyone claiming a video game system is not worth owning because it cannot perform functions outside the realm of playing video games clearly isn't prioritizing playing video games, in which case I would question why they were considering the system in the first place.

But down playing the desire for apps as irrational does no justice for anyone. It's not irrational, and portraying it as such only serves to give Nintendo fans a bad reputation as loyalists who can't even handle itty bitty, insignificant criticisms. How much more then will we not be able to handle big criticisms?

The reasonable response is not to pretend wanting apps is irrational. The reasonable response is to agree that the system should have them, agree that it's unfortunate it doesn't have them, agree that the system would be objectively better if it did have them, but disagree that it's a make or break issue (because it's not).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Sadist

Ha, surprising stuff.

Anyway, aside from feeding the troll, what percentage of Switch owners are severely bummed out about the system not having some multimedia functions? Would those be appreciated? Yes. Needed? Eeeeh no.

You can’t please everyone and we all have our different preferences, but honestly I enjoy the more simplistic approach of the Switch. Its a gaming machine and for that purpose alone its been doing its job quite well.

Sadist

Ryu_Niiyama

I said I was only going to buy Pokémon this month but I may crack for Civ. I don’t even like Civ. (Well that is not accurate. I prefer RTS games that’s all)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

I don't even use Netflix personally, I just use YouTube and Twitch (and stream/upload there as a side note) and my phone has better resolution and has better Wi-Fi and has mobile data to be far better than the Switch. No doubt having YouTube would be nothing but a positive, but I don't care.

Seriously though, who uses the photo viewer of the 3DS and Wii? I'm only interested in screenshots, not some pictures I took off a different camera.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

@ReaderRagfish
I gotchya. Believe me I completely agree about that. I just think we should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Spotlighting the lack of rationality of another while jeopardizing our own.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@EvilLucario The only photo mode I've ever used with any console is the photos on the 3DS. Being able to take 3D photos was pretty cool, and it was something I did use from time to time for fun.

That said, I'm pretty sure I've already put more time into the Switch's screenshot and video taking mode than the 3DS's.

link3710

Anti-Matter

@EvilLucario
"Seriously though, who uses the photo viewer of the 3DS and Wii?"

I used 3DS Photo & Camera when i still haven't own a smartphone yet on year 2014.
Even now i have smartphone, i still use my 3DS to take videos if my smartphone almost run out of storage.

Anti-Matter

Nemodius

@ReaderRagfish give it time, in a few years every house will have a droid of their own that cooks, cleans, launders and games with you, don't say it ain't so, we've had a roomba (and its clones) for years, how far off is R2-D2 or even C-3P0 ???
have faith brutha

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

KryptoniteKrunch

The irony is that the Wii U had all of those non-gaming apps and a pretty slick browser but it bombed. While the Switch only has Hulu and is selling great.

But yeah, would I like to have an internet browser and YouTube on Switch? Sure. But man, all of these games make me not care that much.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Grumblevolcano

The 3rd wave of Kirby Star Allies dream friends is coming 30th November (maybe 29th November in other time zones) along with a new mode.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

I like that they’re continuing to put more characters in Kirby, and outfits in Odyssey. Makes me hope they’ll do little events or something for Ultimate

#MudStrongs

TuVictus

So lately the only two games I have really touched are Monster Hunter PS4 and Monster Hunter Switch. Surprisingly enough I find the Switch game to be much more engaging than World on the PS4. Maybe because it just throws you into the game with less fluff surrounding the meat? Either way, I feel it's a type of game better suited to a portable system. Makes sense why it was on the 3DS for such a long time

TuVictus

Octane

@nate2017 No advertisement please. You can put the link in your signature if you want.

Octane

NEStalgia

@PikPi iI agree, but....I mean XX has the cat ranch and playable cats, and tons of gather quests, etc. A lot more "fluff" than World that's basically "ok, next target go get it, blah blah blah." World feels great to play, and every time I have to do a gathering animation or buy whetstones I curse the sun, but yeah there's just a "feel" to XX's world and environments that is addictive.

NEStalgia

3DWaffles

Blizzard did a good job on Diablo 3 switch version guys should check it out i was really surprised.

3DWaffles

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic