Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,461 to 31,480 of 34,694

DarthNocturnal

I'd ask how one came to that conclusion, but I get enough bull from the “port or sequel“ arguments.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Therad

I think Nintendo will release another pure handheld. That would explain why this year feels like a year before new hardware.

I don't have any concrete evidence for this, but how Nintendo have talked about handhelds before and after the release of switch makes me think they will continue the handheld line. If for nothing else than having an entry level hw.

Therad

TheLobster

For anyone interested in getting Okami physically:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07D4J8P25/ref=pe_492632_15910028...

It has an English option and ships internationally.

Just your friendly reminder that SGDQ starts up tomorrow!
https://gamesdonequick.com/

As always the SDGQ donations will go to Doctors Without Borders/MSF.

Super Mario Maker Bookmark Page

Switch Friend Code: SW-5549-9228-7780 | 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2545-4434 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLobster | Twitter:

JaxonH

Yup, I already ordered Okami HD from Amazon Japan!

Was only $33 USD shipped to the US. Which isn't that bad, really. $30 for a physical copy of Okami HD imported from across the world... ya, I can do that.

So many games in such a short time! I just went through my list and cancelled about 20 preorders, as I'm trying to spend less on video games and more into gold and silver. But even after that mass cancellation I still have 50 items pre-ordered. A couple are 2019 or later (Fire Emblem, Daemon X Machina, Bayo3, Metroid Prime 4) and a few are not actually games (Pyra/Mythra statues, Mega Man and Mega Man X Official Complete Works art books, Marina/Pearl amiibo), and about 10 of them are PS4/X1 games for both this year and future years (Kingdom Hearts 3, Spider-Man, Last of Us 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Death Stranding, Darksiders 3, FFVII Remake, DMC 5, Red Dead Redemption 2)...

But that's still 30 Switch games for this year, give or take!

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

TheLobster

All the stuff I have preordered:

Bayonetta 3, Dark Souls, Ys VIII, De Blob, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, Octopath Traveler, Smash Bros. Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane, Sonic Mania Plus, Tales of Vesperia, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee with Pokeball Plus, Marina and Pearl amiibos, Octoling amiibos, Solaire amiibo, Gamecube controller, Gamecube controller adapter.

Edit: Forgot Japanese physical Okami!

Edited on by TheLobster

Switch Friend Code: SW-5549-9228-7780 | 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2545-4434 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLobster | Twitter:

JaxonH

@TheLobster
That list there gets the Jax Stamp of Approval

Untitledscreencast

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

rallydefault

@Therad
I didn't know this year feels like a year before new hardware.

What should I be feeling? How does it feel?

rallydefault

Therad

rallydefault wrote:

@Therad
I didn't know this year feels like a year before new hardware.

What should I be feeling? How does it feel?

For me it feels like that. Meager first party support is usually a sign. It was the same before the switch's release or most console releases really.

Just look at the lists of games people say they will buy or look forward to, mostly non Nintendo franchises.

Therad

DarthNocturnal

They have a hybrid console that already has portable functionality and they were going on about how their teams are merged so they can just make more games for one system... why would they suddenly make a dedicated portable? Unless it's an even more portable-friendly version of the Switch.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

TheLobster

Therad wrote:

@Therad
Just look at the lists of games people say they will buy or look forward to, mostly non Nintendo franchises.

That's just a sign the Switch is healthy. It's getting third party support. Nintendo CAN'T put out a AAA release every month. It's not possible. But unlike the Wii U days where we suffered long droughts because of that reality, there are dozens of games coming out a month. This year we've gotten Kirby and Mario Tennis, we're getting Super Mario Party and Smash, we're getting Pokemon which is second party... That's five big games from Nintendo or Nintendo owned companies PLUS we've gotten ports like Bayonetta and Bayo 2, DKC:TF, and we're getting Captain Toad. We got a new IP in Sushi Striker. Nintendo is supporting the Switch quite well. That averages to almost a game a month in fact, even if it didn't quite pan out that way. And then you bring the third parties in? Whoa nelly, my wallet can't take it. Of course there are more third parties than first parties... Nintendo is just one company. But Nintendo is no slouch this year either.

Every year can't be 2017. Every year can't release two contenders for GOAT. But those games (and Splatoon, Mario Kart, Rabbids, ARMS, etc) don't go away just because 2017 is over. There are more and more people picking up a Switch every day with its amazing library of AAA exclusives, its astounding third party support, and its vast indie library. If anything can rival the twins next gen*, it's the Switch.

*I feel next gen has already started with the Switch, but that's an argument for another day.

Edited on by TheLobster

Anti-Matter

TheLobster wrote:

For anyone interested in getting Okami physically:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07D4J8P25/ref=pe_492632_15910028...

It has an English option and ships internationally.

Just your friendly reminder that SGDQ starts up tomorrow!
https://gamesdonequick.com/

As always the SDGQ donations will go to Doctors Without Borders/MSF.

What games that will be announced during SDGQ Summer 2018 ?

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

link3710

@Anti-Matter None? It's a fan speedrunning event for charity, no one official will be there. I'll still be tuned in as much as possible once it kicks off though.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@Therad XB1 already seems to be breaking that trend. 2019 looks to be one of XB1's strongest years on the 1st party front yet Microsoft has already confirmed that next gen is 2020. Though maybe that says more about what the next gen Xbox will be like.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

They can't afford to start over from scratch. Backward compatibility is a must for the next transition.

And it shouldn't be a problem with PC like consoles now. Heck, it shouldn't even be a problem for Switch with mobile-like hybrid consoles now (not that it was ever a problem for them anyways, but now it'll be all the more easy for them to do)

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Therad

@Grumblevolcano Microsofts next gen maybe. They don't decide when the next gen starts.

And I still think gens as we know them are over. They were a forced necessity in the past. Now we have stable graphics hardware and game engines which are built to scale from mobile phones up to an high end PC. There is a good reason we have seen dual releases on PS3/PS4 and 360/one despite them having different hardware.

@thelobster while I agree Nintendo can't release heavy hitters all the time, they are usually not this bare. Remember Nintendo have historically had some slow periods on one of their hardware lines. At the moment they have a slow period on both switch and the 3ds.

Except smash, those are not what people call bigger games. And ports are usually handled by outside studios or not distracting too much from main development. Sushi striker isn't developed by Nintendo and it isn't what I would call a bigger title. I think my point still stands.

And the last rant you had in your post is not relevant at all on what I said.

Therad

Therad

JaxonH wrote:

They can't afford to start over from scratch. Backward compatibility is a must for the next transition.

And it shouldn't be a problem with PC like consoles now. Heck, it shouldn't even be a problem for Switch with mobile-like hybrid consoles now (not that it was ever a problem for them anyways, but now it'll be all the more easy for them to do)

Exactly. Unless they want to shake things up with new control schemes or VR or whatever, it shouldn't be a problem. But after Ms had to backtrack on the Kinect, I don't think they want to that. A shame really, I don't think people realize what they lost when they didn't include Kinect 2, it had some really cool features like being able to read emotional responses.

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic