Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,461 to 31,480 of 32,400

darkfenrir

@JaxonH if you didn't give them a look, Bastion, Transistor and Pyre are one of the best indie games I ever played (all by Supergiant Games)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Therad

Darkest dungeon if we are going to heap praise on indies... Turnbased tactical combat with a lovecraftian theme.

Therad

JaxonH

@darkfenrir
Yup, those too! I own all 3. Pyre was especially weird, but in a good way. Until they come to Switch I plan on buying for PC on GPD Win 2 (assuming all 3 are on PC, I think they are)

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

darkfenrir

@JaxonH Yes, all 3 of then are on PC. I'm still holding out hope that Pyre at least will come to Switch.

Or maybe their next game...

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

@-Green- My top 3 Switch paid DLC would probably be:
1. Xenoblade 2 Expansion Pass
2. Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion
3. Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass (wasn't that impressed by the Pokken DLC, haven't started Mario + Rabbids yet so can't judge that game's season pass, BotW expansion pass would be a somewhat close 4th)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Started playing the new Octopath Traveller demo last night. Primrose path since I never did that one in the previous demo.

I'm really, really sold on this game now. It's just so good.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

rallydefault

@JaxonH
It's very good. The only thing that broke my immersion (very important for RPGs for me) is when you have more than one of the travelers in your party and you meet another traveler for their backstory. You still do that traveler's initial prologue with just them, but then comes the point where you travel into the "dungeon" for that backstory, and suddenly all of your other characters are along for the ride with zero explanation or acknowledgment between them all.

Like, I did Alfynn the apothecary first and then met Therion the thief. You do the first part of Therion's backstory as normal (just him, just like you're starting the game fresh), but then comes the part where you journey into the "dungeon" (every character has one), and suddenly Alfynn is back in the party with no real acknowledgment from Therion aside from, "Alright, let's do this."

I can only imagine how this problem is going to multiply when you have 5, 6, 7 travelers along with you, especially travelers with totally opposite moral viewpoints. The Alf/Therion pairing isn't too contradictory, but what if I had the cleric along instead of Alf? Surely she wouldn't be so down with just stealing (won't spoil much)? In a FF game with a single plot, you'd have interaction between the characters detailing this sort of moral conflict, and that's what lots of RPG fans love, but here...we might not get that. And that leaves a BIG hole for me in this experience.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

@rallydefault
I don't look too deep into that sort of thing. Just go with the flow and enjoy things how they play out.

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

darkfenrir

@Shellcore Yeah, other than you can see how it feels far smoother on the PS4, both modes don't have much difference.

darkfenrir

Ryu_Niiyama

Anybody getting the lost child?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Knuckles-Fajita

SquareEnix has requested people stop asking about the Switch release of Dragon Quest XI

Apparently it gets annoying.

Maybe they shouldn't have announced it before knowing if the system supported Unreal Engine, before the dev kits were finalised, and before the system was even publicly revealed.

Like seriously. It was announced to be coming to the system in 2015, you've said the Switch version is "Coming, after 2018", and we have not seen a damn thing or a reason why.

And you want people to stop asking?

Maybe admit committing to something with no foresight was a dumb move.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Buizel

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

Well this is Square Enix...

Currently playing: South Park: The Fractured But Hole (Switch), Battle Chef Brigade (Switch), Hyrule Warriors (Switch), Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PC).
Replaying: DKC Tropical Freeze (Switch), Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch).

Knuckles-Fajita

@Buizel Yeah, and now they are getting angry at people who are, quite rightly asking, hey, where the actual hell is this game we have seen nothing of that you announced 3 years ago and claim is still in development with a release window of sometime between January 1st 2019 and the Apocalypse?

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

link3710

Hey, has anyone gotten the new Adventure TIme game? It's been nearly a month and there's still no reviews about it anywhere, and there's no way I'm picking up a licensed game without a review, but Why'd You Steal Our Garbage was a really good game so I want to keep an eye on it at least...

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

SquareEnix has requested people stop asking about the Switch release of Dragon Quest XI

Apparently it gets annoying.

Maybe they shouldn't have announced it before knowing if the system supported Unreal Engine, before the dev kits were finalised, and before the system was even publicly revealed.

Like seriously. It was announced to be coming to the system in 2015, you've said the Switch version is "Coming, after 2018", and we have not seen a damn thing or a reason why.

And you want people to stop asking?

It is times like this that I wish that I used social media. I would love to light them up over this. They made two versions of the game and announced a third and now so far outside of Japan people are locked into 1 version only. Of course people are going to ask about it.

https://nintendoeverything.com/dragon-quest-xi-producer-says-...

The actual quotes make it even worse. They just kinda pulled a ubisoft and steep. They said they could make the game with no dev kit in hand. I mean the game is an unreal engine game so they CAN make it, but I think they thought it was just going to be a simple port job rather even though they built the game on a older version of unreal than is natively supported by the switch. Should have waited on the dev kit.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ilikeike

Square Enix is such an awful yet amazing company at the same time. They make some great games, all time classics like the Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy series...and yet they have no idea how to run their business or communicate with their fans. Everything from their awful E3 show to their mishandling of development of FFXV and KH3 to this debacle over the Switch version of DQXI. Not to mention that they constantly mistreat the west in regards to DQ games. We never got the beautiful Super Famicom remakes of the original trilogy, and we'll never get DQX even though the Switch is just begging for a good MMO right now. They know how passionate the Nintendo community is for their games--if it weren't for Nintendo fans buying the DS remakes of DQ or the Bravely games on 3DS the West probably wouldn't even get many traditional RPGs in the first place. So if they say that DQXI is coming to Switch...treat the fans right. Give us a release window. A teaser trailer. A screenshot, at the very least. Anything. We love your games, Square--don't shoot yourself in the foot like this.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Anti-Matter

Btw, have we got exact release date for Dragon Quest Builder 2 Switch ?

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic