Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,461 to 31,480 of 70,008

FragRed

If Diablo 3 is being officially revealed tomorrow then I wonder if that means Nintendo has no plans for an actual Direct any time soon. That would be the kind of thing they would save for a Direct, especially if it does have exclusive Zelda themed content.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GrailUK

@FragRed Could be. But if it's not being revealed in a Direct...how is it getting announced?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

@GrailUK I assume just through a normal trailer that Nintendo drops out of nowhere across social media.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NEStalgia

@Ralizah First understand that Diablo II >> Diablo III, but also that Diablo III (on console, the auction house was a nightmare on PC. Lootboxes before there were lootboxes) is an excellent game, fun to play....no it's not Diablo II. No it's not close. But it's pretty good. There are some ways that Titan Quest is better, and some ways that D3 is better.

@FragRed Honestly I still feel like Directs are a thing of the past tied to the Iwata era. They still do a few, grudgingly for buzz. And Sakurai probably insisted on one for Smash due to his closeness with Iwata (he even snuck a |DIRECT| hand gesture in there if you noticed. He and Ishihara are the only ones with the clout to do that )

Other than that I think they really want to move away from directs it seems, and just drop news on twitter. it costs 10¥ and lets the press disburse the news.

NEStalgia

GrailUK

@AlternateButtons There have been instances of a direct a couple of days after a specific game direct! So, it's not crazy talk. I doubt there will be a direct myself, but nevertheless it has happened.

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons They've done a few times, like in 2014 there was a Smash Direct on April 8th followed by a Tomodachi Life Direct on April 10th and then a MK8 Direct on April 30th.

@GrailUK I guess we can't completely ignore the possibility of a Direct Mini tomorrow. If the rumours of the January 2018 Direct didn't happen it would've just appeared out of nowhere.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@NEStalgia Oh, I got the impression they wanted more Directs (but smaller) spread throughout the year.

Octane

NEStalgia wrote:

@Ralizah First understand that The Witcher 3 >> Diablo III, but also that Diablo III (on console, the auction house was a nightmare on PC. Lootboxes before there were lootboxes) is an excellent game, fun to play....no it's not The Witcher 3. No it's not close. But it's pretty good. There are some ways that Titan Quest is better, and some ways that D3 is better.

Fixed it for you

Octane

FragRed

@NEStalgia I feel like, if that is true, it's going to hurt Nintendo in the long run not owning the spotlight they get from Directs.

NEStalgia

@Octane If we're going to make that comparison we can then go with Jet Set Radio >>> Diablo III It's about as related Diablo games have a little more story than a Mario game, and a little less story than a Kirby game. It's all about mashing monsters, sell loot, mash more monsters

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@Octane Cultist.

@NEStalgia Yeah, I avoided D3 when it came out precisely because the player had to maintain a constant connection to the internet.

I don't really idolize D2 or anything (wander around dungeons, click-click-click on enemies, collect loot... it was mindless fun, and that's about it), so I'll just be judging it on its own terms (if it is, indeed, coming to the Switch: otherwise I'll just continue to ignore its existence).

Also:

NEStalgia wrote:

If we're going to make that comparison we can then go with Jet Set Radio >>> Diablo III It's about as related Diablo games have a little more story than a Mario game, and a little less story than a Kirby game. It's all about mashing monsters, sell loot, mash more monsters

Your continued abuse of emoticons in your posts amuses me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@GrailUK yeah I saw the pics but I never take leaks/rumor seriously. If it wasn't officially announced it didn't happen...keeps my expectations in check and makes me a more mild mannered gamer over all. I'm way too old for frothing at the mouth hype on some screenshots and verbal from somebody's cousin that had a best friend with an uncle that worked at Nintendo in `92.

I will say if the game has all the dlc it will knock some wind out of the titan quest release...which I'm still getting.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

Don't think there's really anything indicating they want to move away from Directs. Third party games don't have to be announced in Directs, and Nintendo doesn't have direct (no pun intended) control over when these are announced, even if they have exclusive content.

Also there were plenty of times during the Iwata era where Nintendo dropped news on Twitter instead of during a Direct. Mario Kart 8's DLC for example.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NEStalgia

@FragRed the spotlight of directs helped them when it had memorable moments that could go viral. Now that it's just a narrated infomercial, nothing stands out as viral..... The press coverage of tweets is the same as from directs now. I love directs but they're so bland and do so little different than the press does now i almost don't really pay attention to them anymore. Even sakurais that was decent.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I'm dry and sarcastic. I grew up on British comedy.... Without emoticons people might take me literally. Then they're would be bannings.

NEStalgia

GrailUK

@Ryu_Niiyama But...but the Diablo light switch...ahem...of course you are quite right

SKTTR

GANONDORF DIABLO III

Wow, I'm stoked. I'm gonna share the news everywhere. Can't have enough announcements of heavy hitters coming to Switch in 2018.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Spoony_Tech

@SKTTR 6 year old port = heavy hitter?

In all honesty I really didn't get a ton of AAA 3rd party games over the last 10 years so this and Dark Souls was top of my list. As was L.A. Noire , Skyrim and Doom last year and Wolfenstein this year. I will get as many as I can and hope for Fallout something and Bioshock too. Now those I have played some.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Magician

Diablo III is one of the top five PS3/360 games I wished would come to Switch.

In my eyes, the Switch can close its book for 2018, because I am now satisfied.

Bring on 2019 and all the possibilities.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic