Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,621 to 28,640 of 69,997

Haruki_NLI

@OorWullie Sounds like you can play it as many times as you wish, but your ranking is based on your highest score.

Then again this is Nintendo. Ambiguous as always. Guess we find out by trying.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MsJubilee

Nothing on playing with your friends in doubles online. Or maybe i read it wrong?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

I don't know what Koei Tecmo did but the Wind Waker levels in Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition look visually more impressive than the same areas in Wind Waker HD.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

I guess we'll see for real how well cloud streaming on Switch works as Capcom announced RE7 coming on Thursday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MsJubilee

Capcom is renting this game to Switch owners. Don't like this at all. I hope it doesn't become a trend.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Haruki_NLI

You know what.

Its Capcom

They ROUTINELY find a way to take a great thing and slap you with it

Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Well that was unexpected to say the least

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

...and you rent it for 180 days?

What in the god**** f*** is this?

EvilLucario

lol Capcom

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I will buy it but not what they are doing.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

Resident Evil 7 coming to Switch this week for the equivelant of £13.50/ $18 with only a 45mb download size as it will be streamed to your Switch has to be up there with the most unexpected and bizarre piece of gaming news I've ever read.

It being streamed and rented initially sounds awful but you've got to look at the bigger picture. This is major news because if Capcom can pull this off then we may see other AAA titles that otherwise couldn't run on Switch appearing the same way. No huge file to download along with a very cheap price makes this very appealing and something I definitely want to see more of.If RE7 was ever to come to Switch it would be at least £40, it would be downgraded and it would ship on a 16gb card with a huge download on top. Doing it this way we get the full experience,no downgrade, a very reasonable price and less storage space taken up than a Neo Geo game takes. It's all going to come down to how minimum the lag is. This really is massive news.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Haruki_NLI

@OorWullie Except we run into the PSNow problem.

Net infrastructure isn't ready for the back and forth needed and resolution and input response takes a hit. On Switch I can only imagine how worse it will be.

Plus, sure other games can do this too. But then it's $20 for 180 days for that next game. And then next one. And the next one. And the next one.

And when you're out? 4g hotspot it up or no game for you.

Sad part is...Resident Evil 7 with downgrades probably could run on Switch. Sad thing is it's Capcom, who take minimal effort (Half the time) and always release a game on this system with some caveat. Digital only, digital only in one region, half on cart, smaller game on a cart bigger as download....

Pazzo-TheFool

That's, uh, not optimal...

Should have just ported. Bad idea.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

OorWullie

@YummyHappyPills That's the key ,if it runs badly then what's the point. But it may not ,Nvidia Shield from what I've read is very good at streaming games so it's likely the Switch will be too. It's obviously going to be a game to play at home though. Who really plays a game like Resident Evil when out and about anyway. Plus this is the kind of game you play through once and maybe return to in a few years. For less than $20 the chance to play through one of the best games of this gen with no downgrade on handheld or TV is a very appealing prospect.

Just to add,I'm pretty sure in China ,Wii games are streamed to the Shield. Any ideas on how they run? Chinese internet is not exactly great but if the Shield can stream those successfully then the Switch can stream Resident Evil 7 successfully.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Aozz101x

"oooo... RE7!"
"wait a cloud version..?"
"nope, i'll just buy it on my PC, THANK YOU!"
i wonder how PSO2 Cloud thing is doing... 🤔

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

FragRed

@OorWullie If I wanted to stick to playing Resident Evil 7 only in my home then I would buy it on a PS4 or Xbox One.

"Who really plays a game like Resident Evil when out and about anyway" is the same people who wanted to play Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 on the go, and can, or Doom, LA Noire, Skyrim, Zelda, Monster Hunter or basically any game that is available on the Switch. Playing games on the go is what makes the Switch what it is regardless of what game it is.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

StuTwo

@FragRed that’s what makes the system what it is to you.

A fair percentage of Switch owners only use the console in its dock. Many more use it in or out of the dock but rarely ever actually leave the home with it. Capcom will certainly have much better figures on that than we do. Maybe collecting those figures was one of the main reasons for Revelations 1&2 to be brought to Switch in the first place?

There are obviously caveats. I don’t expect game streaming to overtake the native experience any time soon but this is generally positive.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

OorWullie

@FragRed I don't have multiple current gen consoles and I'd wager neither do the vast majority of Switch owners.For me,a game like this is one to play at home ,alone with the lights out,be it on TV or handheld. Yes selling /renting the game this way goes against the concept of Switch but I'd still rather have this option than none at all. If it had got a proper release ,with all the DLC included or available separately the file size would be enormous,it's probably just not feasible to bring it any other way. For a game I'll likely only want to play through once the money and storage savings are much appreciated.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic