Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,601 to 28,620 of 69,991

Pazzo-TheFool

It's probably because of online retail that places like BB are stopping their programs.

If you add in the Prime shipping discount to the preorder discount, you're looking at a pretty nice sum.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Spoony_Tech

@Pazzo-ZaFool Yeah but BB offers free delivery as well and you can always pick it up day one at any store. Free delivery you need to qualify for but in my case I do but I like picking mine up in the store.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

@Spoony_Tech I never took advantage of the BestBuy program (small town, heheh...), was it a large discount?

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Spoony_Tech

@Pazzo-ZaFool It was $30 for 2 years and 20% off all new games and not just pre-orders. Plus 10% off Amiibos as well. I got both Labo kits there also for 20% off. This also included sales as well as long as it was new it didnt matter. Black Friday deals were the only things excluded.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

I'm really hoping it'll just get me expensive or something. Or even limit it to newer games like Amazon, but don't get rid of it completely. It's the only reason I shop at best buy as much as I do. If they got rid of it, I'd rarely ever go

TuVictus

oninowon

Pazzo-ZaFool wrote:

It's probably because of online retail that places like BB are stopping their programs.

If you add in the Prime shipping discount to the preorder discount, you're looking at a pretty nice sum.

I liked the members program before they switched to a paid membership program. I've gotten several $20 gift cards through that program!

oninowon

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
20% off amiibo, not 10%.

20% off all new games, 10% off all used games, 20% off all collector editions, amiibo, even games bundled with season passes or controllers.

That $10 preorder reward bonus for games like Smash Bros, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Mario Kart was just icing on the cake.

Coupled with 6% back with BBCC as Elite Plus member and 4% back double reward points, I averaged $42-45 per game, day one. $32-35 if it had the preorder reward bonus.

Idk how they made money off that program. I literally saved over $1,000 on GCU discounts last year.

edit
Biggest GCU score was when Wolfenstein The New Order dropped. On top of all the usual 20%/6%/4% off, they offered $20 back in rewards for preordering instead of $10. That effectively brought price down to $22. THEN, they offered a small Panzer robot Nazi dog toy for preordering, and BestBuy didn't send me one. So they credited $5 toward my purchase, making the total cost about $17 day one.

And it came in the mail 2 days before release.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, I'm surprised it lasted this long. I imagine they weren't making much profit if at all on each game sale. But then again, the death of GCU will drive away game sales too. This is why I think they should've just upped the price or cut back to 10% off new games etc.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Aozz101x

unrelated to Best Buy. but, any indie game that i would love to see from Wii U to Switch, would be Blocky Bot. because that game is Amazing. (imo)

in other news (depends on how you see it) Nicails offered Ikaruga to be announced in a Nintendo Direct.
but Nintendo said they were simply "not interested"
https://nintendoeverything.com/nicalis-offered-to-have-ikarug...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Octane

@Aozz101x I didn't even know it was coming to Switch. I have good memories of that game!

Octane

JaxonH

Ikaruga deserves a physical release. Not sure why Nicalis, king of retail releases, isn't giving us one despite publishing the game, which being digital only, basically just covers development costs and PR.

I want Sin and Punishment 3. Even a port of Sin and Punishment 2 would be hype.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Nintendo brought back Metroid...twice...so you know, anything is possible.

If Nintendo fancies throwing some cash at Treasure or another developer to do something S+P related, it'll happen.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

kkslider5552000

I don't know why Ikaruga specifically deserves a physical release. It's just a random re-release of a game from like 15+ years ago.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Therad

Aozz101x wrote:

unrelated to Best Buy. but, any indie game that i would love to see from Wii U to Switch, would be Blocky Bot. because that game is Amazing. (imo)

in other news (depends on how you see it) Nicails offered Ikaruga to be announced in a Nintendo Direct.
but Nintendo said they were simply "not interested"
https://nintendoeverything.com/nicalis-offered-to-have-ikarug...

How noble of them to offer Nintendo to share their biggest PR machine with them.

Directs are pure gold for Nintendo. They can tweet one image and turn the internet on fire. Not many companies have successfully launched a PR campaign so well.

Therad

GrailUK

@JaxonH A physical release might happen later. Weirder things have happened.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

The Messenger is looking good. Real good.

@kkslider5552000
But it's not just some random game- it's more than that. It's a cult classic and one of the best schmups of all time.

That deserves a physical release. Especially when the company publishing it does retail releases for way smaller indie games left and right

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

For those who like having full games on the cartridge, it seems Mario + Rabbids Gold Edition is being released for retail and the DK DLC is coming out by the end of June.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aozz101x

Mario Tennis Aces - More details on Modes!

Mario goes on a new adventure in order to rescue Luigi.

Numerous missions will block Mario’s progress. To clear them, sometimes you’ll need to complete certain requirements other than just simply winning battles, such as aiming for a specified place on the court or beating the enemy within the allotted time. Stages may also have different gimmicks; use them well to clear the stages. Some stages even have strong enemies that come with special attacks and cannot be hurt with ordinary attacks of your own.

By challenging missions and racking up experience, Mario’s stats will increase. Not only that, but clearing missions may also reward new rackets. Having all rackets broken during a mission will cause a Game Over, so it’s also important to collect many of them.

Missions have varied difficulties, from easy to advanced. You can keep challenging until you improve, so you can try progressing through things you’re not good at until you get satisfied.

Now on for the different modes:

Free Match (Singles / Doubles)

– The rules can be freely set. Has up to 4-player versus.
– Settings like CPU difficulty, court, and K.O. option can also be changed.

Local versus

– If you bring Switch with the game, you can have versus on a local connection with up to four players.
– You can choose between 1-vs-1 singles and 2-vs-2 doubles.

Online versus

– You can connect to the internet to fight rivals and friends alike.
– You can play for free until September 2018; after that, you will need to subscribe to the paid Nintendo Switch Online service.

Tournament (singles only)

– A mode where all players join a tournament and aim for the top.
– Toad will provide live commentary which will hype up the battles.

Tournament (online)

– Online tournaments, where you fight for ranks with worldwide players, will be held monthly.
– You can take on the tournament multiple times, and the rankings will be set based on the points earned.

Tournament (offline)

– Aim for conquering the top of all three tournaments available.
– Initially you’re only able to access one tournament, but you’ll be able to challenge more difficult tournaments by becoming the champion.

Swing Mode (Singles / Doubles)

– You can freely swing the Joy-Con to play with actually feeling the shots.
– Recommended when you just want to have fun with everyone.

One Point Advice: Try playing by changing the rules

– In Free Match and Swing Mode, you can enjoy tennis battles with more rules other than standard.
– You can choose a big tennis ball which will move more slowly and is also easier to be hit by the racket.
– You can also go with simple rules in Free Match, where matches don’t use energy and will fully rely on your tennis skills.

Finally, with a Switch, you can play Mario Tennis Aces:

– on the big screen (TV)
– by sharing Joy-Con (tabletop)
– thoroughly alone (handheld)

https://nintendoeverything.com/more-details-on-the-story-in-m...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Honestly, the more we hear about the game, the better it sounds.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

OorWullie

Regarding Mario Tennis,it all sounds great except for this part.

You can take on the tournament multiple times, and the rankings will be set based on the points earned.

Sounds like your ranking will be based on how many times you play it over the month rather than based on how well you've played.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic