Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 27,581 to 27,600 of 70,001

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
Ya... I'm gonna have to disagree. They've got a pretty killer library now. I may not be too fond of the company but, I love their games, love their consoles. They've earned my respect at least, via providing a quality gaming platform and library.

Think you're taking a fun hobby like playing video games a smidge too seriously. Unless they're running an underground human trafficking ring, there's no sense feeling so adamantly against them. They've done alot of good and made many contributions to gaming too

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras also PS4 can’t play ps1 and ps2 games physically because it’s ps4 but switch can play everything physically.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Zuljaras

@1UP_MARIO That is correct! I had trouble fitting my original GB cartridge in the Switch but it worked! Yes I have to buy another Switch but that is a small price to pay for backward compatibility.

Ralizah

PS4 has a strong and diverse library. While a lot of its "big" titles don't interest me (God of War, Bloodborne, TLOU, etc.), I can still find plenty of games I want to play on it.

With that said, I detest the UI and prefer not to be tethered to my television, so, more often than not, I just play on my Switch, 3DS, or Vita.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras thanks man. I’m gonna try and see if my old games work. You have given me hope after you got the game boy carts to work 😉

JaxonH

Why are we talking about BC. Neither Switch nor PS4 is BC. Any games playable have to be repurchased.

The back and forth of "my console can do this and yours can't" is just as silly as AntiMatters posts. Everyone here knows his extreme views. No need to get defensive about it. Just enjoy what you enjoy.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

DKC Tropical Freeze Reviews

IGN – 9 / 10
GameSpot – 9 / 10
Game Informer – 9.25 / 10
Destructoid – N/A
Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
GameXplain – “Loved”
GamesBeat – 89 / 100
Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
Nintendo World Report – 9.5 / 10
Shacknews – 7 / 10
Gamereactor – 9 / 10

Seems it got much better treatment from GameSpot this time. Destruction gave it a 10/10 last time. Yet they're conveniently leaving it "unscored" this time.

Some Trusted Reviews site gave it a 50/100. That's the kinda nonsense DKC has to deal with. In no universe is that even remotely plausible.

Edited on by JaxonH

FragRed

@JaxonH Woah, hold up - stop the presses. GameSpot gave it a 9?? Are they drunk this time

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@FragRed
Somewhat makes up for Destructoid's perfect 10 being omitted this time.

What gets me is how a game like Celeste is one of the highest rated games out there, yet Tropical Freeze blows it away. Ah well.

It's the best 2D platformer I've ever played, whether aggregates reflect that or not.

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
"The PS4 has a bigger library than the switch as it’s also way older."

PS4 maybe has bigger library than Switch right now.
I got Only 9 (Nine) Suitable PS4 games,
Untitled
But.... Only 6 (Six) PS4 games that i played. Only Six, because the other 3 PS4 games (Earthlock, Overcooked & Yonder) i eliminated due to Switch version released in the future. And i don't think i want to add PS4 games anymore. The Sims 4 PS4 might be my LAST PS4 games purchase. The rest of PS4 games i found are typical Boring games (football, realistic racing) and inappropriate games (shooting, criminal, demonic, etc). Not even my taste. Maybe AAA for you, but Garbage for me.

Meanwhile, Switch library games are Perfect for me.
Cute games ? I got Portal Knights, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Overcooked, Puyo Puyo Tetris. Will get Re:Legend, My Time at Portia, Little Dragon Cafe.

Action Adventure ? I got LEGO CITY Undercover.

3D platformer ? I got Super Mario Odyssey, Poi Explorer Edition.

Racing ? Still stick on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Fighting ? I got ARMS, Pokken & i will get Street Fighter 30th Anniversary.

Sports ? I will choose Mario Tennis Aces.

Out of the Box games ? I choose LABO.

Rhythm ? Taiko no Tasujin Switch version in the future.

100% Non Violence & Safe for Kids Adventure games ? I will get Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles, eliminated my PS4 version.

To remind you, i'm looking for Cute games by mostly. I'm NOT looking for edgy & popular games that played by people most (typical boring & inappropriate games). What is the Best answer ? Nintendo is the one i'm looking for, Not Sony anymore. Sony just keep providing the games that i HATE most. Why should i gave respect to Sony even though i owned PS4 not by Love ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

redd214

@Anti-Matter dude we get it. How many times do you keep having to make the same rant?! You've posted this so many times I almost have your list of ps4 games memorized. We all understand your stance. No need to continue to repeat the same thing ad nasuem in every thread/article.

Thanks

redd214

Haruki_NLI

People on ResetEra are making conspiracy theories about the Wii U version of DKCTF.

"It's not available in Target/Best Buy etc. anymore either. HMMMMMM"

Bro, if you expect them to keep stocking games for a discontinued system that has been that way for 16 months that had such a pitiful market share you were lucky to see the games in stores WHEN THEY WERE NEW, then you're in need of help.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NaviAndMii

JaxonH wrote:

The back and forth of "my console can do this and yours can't" is just [...] silly.
[...]
Just enjoy what you enjoy.

...reminded me of a video from one of my favourite video game journalists - Jared Petty - entitled 'Console Wars (and Why They're Silly)' (below - quite a pleasant little watch )

Couldn't put it any better - "just enjoy what you enjoy"

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Tropical Freeze is back on the Wii U eshop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Hey guess what's back up on the Wii U eShop in North America?

A game apparently people spent 4 years waiting to buy and got offended it vanished.

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter don’t respect it man just follow your heart ❣ with Nintendo. They are the chosen one with best cute kiddie fun cuddly games. Enjoy

Haruki_NLI

Great!

Now all those Wii U owners who suddenly got very loud (But not when word of mouth would have helped the console sell I notice) and offended it vanished as a "slap in the face" can go buy this game they spent 4 years waiting to buy, 2 of which were at a reduced price.

And all those people they are telling the Wii U version is cheaper can now go buy a system that has been discontinued for 16 months at a price comparable to Switch all in the name of saving $40 on Donkey Kong!

This entire situation is Funky ridiculous.

EvilLucario

Er... what? I just checked the eShop, it's not there even if I search for "Tropical Freeze" or "Donkey Kong". Where are people getting this?

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@subpopz
Well...
Because only those PS4 games i have interest about. No more, No less.
And sorry for the same repetition answer again.
I was about to reply 1Up_Mario.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

So...

Funky Mode playthrough first? Or normal playthrough first? Each one will unlock the associated time trials for that mode.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic