Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 27,561 to 27,580 of 70,028

Therad

gcunit wrote:

@toiletduck I'm not dissing JaxonH here, but he's played that game for hundreds of hours. Clearly he loves it and fair play to that. But he teared up when it was announced for Wii U. Ergo, his perspective on the game is a bit of an outlier.

I also teared up when it was announced. But it didn't keep my interest in the long run.

Therad

Grumblevolcano

I think Microsoft did a much better job with paid online than Sony. As for Nintendo, we'll have to wait and see but given they thought voice chat via a phone app was a good idea I don't hold out much hope.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

veeflames

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Honestly if all these Wii U people would have shouted about how great and worth buying these games are on the original system when it mattered, maybe we would be in a different place.

I dunno, wasn't this the case? Somewhat, at least. People acknowledged that the Wii U had great games.
I still think a lot of people are coming to conclusions too quickly about the whole issue (like, seriously), but if it is the case that Nintendo removed the game from the Wii U eShop because of some need to promote the Switch version, then it's definitely a shady move that doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the long run. If players want a digital copy of the game, they must buy it on the Switch. At about three times the price.

But again, it's probably just some error, I guess. Hoping for Nintendo's sake it is.

Also raising up my flame shield because I am defending the Wii U, because why not

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Therad

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think Microsoft did a much better job with paid online than Sony. As for Nintendo, we'll have to wait and see but given they thought voice chat via a phone app was a good idea I don't hold out much hope.

I think they are dumsnåla (so greedy they are stupid). I almost bought an Xbox 360 as a media player, but they locked Netflix behind their paywall which made it useless.

@Vee_Flames pretty much my view. If it is a deliberate move they deserve all the negative press they get.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

JaxonH

@gcunit
I think it's safe to say at this point there's enough other people out there who feel the game is one of the best platformers ever made.

@toiletduck
That's a good question, why would they do it. Probably just to eliminate the argument of it being less on Wii U, not so much cause it actually stopped any meaningful sales. I have no problem with people calling it out if it legit bothers them though and isn't just ruining their smear campaign.

And ya, if you don't like this game, I think it's clear we're polar opposites and you shouldn't listen to me for anything, cause I won't have any confidence in you agreeing!

Just... understand it's true brilliance is appreciated as you play and get good at the game. As you get all the KONG letters and unlock the K levels and do a few gold medal time runs. Explore and find puzzle pieces, try again when you fail, and again after that. Master the mechanics, improve your skill and you'll be amazed how good you are by the time you get to the final boss

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

Therad wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

I'm sure this affects very few people. Hardly a [removed] move.

That is such an odd stance to have. If you apply that to other things do you feel the same? For example if someone cuts before you in line, you wouldn't call that a [removed] move because it only affects you?

I don't think your example is even remotely close to the mark. A better analogy would be how products in general eventually get discontinued. Something which would have already happened to the physical copy of most Wii U games and indeed to the Wii U itself. The only difference here is that Nintendo controls the only store front for digital purchases.

It's also worth noting that people who own the game already aren't impacted negatively by this. If anything their copy of the game has just (marginally) gone up in value. People who didn't already own it? Well they aren't really impacted either because they still have that money in their pocket. Was it a smart move on Nintendo's part? I don't think so. Does it look a bit sneaky? Well sure. But I think it's such a non-thing in general that I don't know why anyone would genuinely be upset about it. Really, if you're outraged by this you're outraged on someone else's behalf or by the idea of it because nobody was actually impacted by this.

Edited on by Octane

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Therad

@skywake yes, in this case it is very few people that gets shafted. My analogy was to show that even if only one person is affected it is still a bad move.

But your analogy is very flawed. A physical store will eventually run out of stock. This is impossible on a digital store. Which means they did it deliberately unless it was a mistake. If it doesn't come back up before the relaunch, we can conclude it was a shady business decision.

But overall this sets a bad precedent if they get away with it. What is to say they would only do this with ports and between generations?

It is short sighted to just shrug off something like this.

Therad

gcunit

I caught my first whispers of a Switch killer from Sony today. Pure speculation of course, but the suggestion being that Sony see 5G mobile technology as being sufficient for cloud based streaming to mobile devices, so they could be looking at a new portable that that doesn't need the grunt to run PS5/PS4 games, just needs a 5G mobile signal.

Personally that sounds a bit far-fetched to me as 4G networks are hardly widely available as it is. But I guess if the thing could stream games then it won't rely on games being made specifically for it, so Sony could afford for uptake to be slow.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

"Switch killer" sounds like console war hyperbole nonsense.

Besides, Nintendo portable gaming devices have always thrived irrespective of what Sony or anyone else does.

Streaming just isn't gonna do much for portable gaming, I don't think. Remote Play failed. PSTV failed. Vita with 3G failed. PS Now failed. Nvidia Shield failed. Wii U failed.

People don't want to stream games. Even if you could, in theory, get an excellent 5G signal, it's still going to have lag. It's still going to require the base system not being used for anything else, it's still going to deal with signal dropping or weak...

I think it would be foolish to invest anything more into streaming.

If they want to get serious, they need to figure out a way to make PS4 Portable. That I would be interested in. I think alot of people would be. Wouldn't have separate games but, it would have all their top games portably. Maybe in 5 years when PS4 Pro is $200 and base PS4 is $100, they can figure out a way to condense it, remove the hard drive and offer a download only portable model. That would be the best gaming device they've ever made and I'd be all over it. Still wouldn't stop me playing Switch, but I'd be playing it just as much if not more.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SuperJoon

JaxonH wrote:

"Switch killer" sounds like console war hyperbole nonsense.

Besides, Nintendo portable gaming devices have always thrived irrespective of what Sony or anyone else does.

Streaming just isn't gonna do much for portable gaming, I don't think. Remote Play failed. PSTV failed. Vita with 3G failed. PS Now failed. Nvidia Shield failed. Wii U failed.

People don't want to stream games. Even if you could, in theory, get an excellent 5G signal, it's still going to have lag. It's still going to require the base system not being used for anything else, it's still going to deal with signal dropping or weak...

I think it would be foolish to invest anything more into streaming.

Agree with this, streaming for me is a no go. I stream my PS4 to my laptop and sometimes to connection just isn't there, I find it horrible to try and play games that are being streamed.

This is why PSNow is failing, combined that with price, its untouchable for me.

Being able to have my games on the Switch, and play natively on the system is a blessing.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

darkfenrir

Lol 5G signal... even in my place, 4G isn't out in ALL areas yet.

Can't even stream youtube videos in reliable manner, well they can throw it out... but definitely not going to buy it.

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

Football Manager Touch 2018 has been at the top of the UK charts ever since its launch which is pretty impressive. I imagine not even Tropical Freeze will beat it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Streaming games is just one of those things that never took off like analysts predicted.

But like I said, find a way to make a portable PS4 and then we'll talk. That's probably the only theoretical gaming system that truly excites me. PS5, Xbox 3... not really exciting tbh. Cause there aren't really any ugly games anymore.

SuperJoon

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Football Manager Touch 2018 has been at the top of the UK charts ever since its launch which is pretty impressive. I imagine not even Tropical Freeze will beat it.

I think it maybe close, but it is impressive how much it's taken off. Hopefully this is going to mean that we will also get FM Touch 19 as well

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I don't even want PS4 Portable.
After i bought The Sims 4 PS4 version, that was my LAST PS4 games to buy.
Even if PS4 Portable exist, i don't even want to throw my money onto Sony.
Their library games are suck, compared with Switch.
PS4 still can't play PS2 & PS1 Physically.
No thanks, i'm done with my last PS4 games purchase.
And actually, i rarely used my PS4 even The Sims 4 Console version was already in my hand. Strangely enough...

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

Anti-Matter wrote:

@JaxonH
I don't even want PS4 Portable.
After i bought The Sims 4 PS4 version, that was my LAST PS4 games to buy.
Even if PS4 Portable exist, i don't even want to throw my money onto Sony.
Their library games are suck, compared with Switch.
PS4 still can't play PS2 & PS1 Physically.
No thanks, i'm done with my last PS4 games purchase.
And actually, i rarely used my PS4 even The Sims 4 Console version was already in my hand. Strangely enough...

The Sony hate is real.
The PS4 has a bigger library than the switch as it’s also way older.
The switch is also not backwards compatible. It can’t play Nintendo 64 and gamecube games

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras most games not all games.
Yeah mature games are evil. Sony is evil. Microsoft and pc games are evil. Only Nintendo is good.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic