Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,901 to 22,920 of 70,086

shadow-wolf

@Anti-Matter I understand. And for you, it seems worth it to keep your old systems. What I'm trying to say is, it depends on the person and the person's lifestyle. I realize I don't often go back to older systems, so my situation is different from yours. It all depends on the person.

shadow-wolf

JaxonH

We still have a Tales game coming too. Which after Xenoblade 2, and now Y's VIII, and with Fire Emblem and Pokémon and Dragon Quest XI and SMTV coming, and Octopath Traveller, heck even Lost Sphear, and now The World Ends With You... that's a lot of quality RPG goodness on the go.

There's nothing like a good JRPG on a handheld. Nothing like it. I used to love RPG's on 3DS and Vita. But now that Switch is here, it's set the bar to where I could never go back. Basically playing games that look like the PS4 versions (when there is one, anyways) but on a handheld.

NIS Online Store Collector Editions
Y's VIII Lacrimosa of Dana

SNK Heroines

Fallen Legion

Atelier, Lydie and Suelle

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

2018 games I absolutely want:

• Hollow Knight
  • Bayonetta 1 + 2
  • Dark Souls
  • DKC Tropical Freeze

Other coming games I absolutely want:

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Pokemon
  • Retro Studio's game, I will buy this game even if it's an RTS (my most hated genre)
  • Bayonetta 3

Games on my radar but need convincing:

• Ys VIII
  • No More Heroes
  • Fire Emblem
  • Wolfenstein II

Granted a lot of these games are ports, but damn is there still so much games I want. My wallet...

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

He speaks truth.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Deku-Scrub

Nintendoforlife wrote:

This might not be the Hype train's last stop: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7pq1st/take_...

If this is the case then count me in, I’m back on the hypetrain. I think it’s more likely for it to come in early February though, making it just a few days off of this unspoken 20 day “rule”. But a Direct on the 30th of this month or so isn’t out of the question for sure either.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Inertiacreep

@YummyHappyPills after mario and xenoblade to round out the year this announcement of ports was just the ultimate disappointment.. woooeeee.... dark souls a game I never gave a flying f about is the big announcement.

So 2nd year and there is nothing to look forward to through summer. Thats depressing.

Inertiacreep

Therad

I can understand that some are hyped for the list of games this year, but personally I don't see much must-buy. From the direct the only thing I am quite sure I will buy is Mario + Rabbids DLC. Kirby is on the radar, but want to see the reviews first. Tennis might be a good game for me to play with my kids.

I didn't like tropical freeze, it felt clunky and uninspired. So no chance to double-dip. HW I am not sure I will like, but it seems a bit less generic than the FEW one at least.

The others I might look up, but none peaked my interest.

Things I am interested in that wasn't in the direct are:
Darkest dungeon.
Yoshi.
Fire Emblem.
Flipping death.

But I want more footage and info of them before I commit to a buy (except DD, which is right up my alley).

Therad

Octane

@JaxonH I own all of the Wii U ports. And whilst Tropical Freeze is my favourite Wii U game, and probably my favourite platformer, I find it hard to justify paying another €40-60 for that game. I can just boot up the Wii U whenever I feel like playing a bit of Tropical Freeze! No need to buy it a second time.

Metroid Prime 4, we haven't seen any footage, but assuming it's as good as the others, yeah, I'm definitely getting that, whenever it comes out. Same goes for Pokemon I think (though I'm not a big fan of the direction that the latest games have gone in, so we shall see). Getting Bayonetta 3 for sure, but again, I don't think it's coming this year. And Dragon Quest is on my list as well (though I'm getting the PS4 version, since I want to play it as soon as possible).

I may get Dark Souls if I can finish Bloodborne in time, but the only reason I'd buy it, is so that I can experience the game in 60fps. We'll see about Megaman 11, it looked a lot better than Mighty No.9, but it also looked quite generic at the same time

Mario Tennis Aces in on my radar, but since the Mario Tennis on Wii U was absolute rubbish, I'll definitely wait for reviews. It's on my radar, but I need to see more first. I'm mainly interested in the story campaign. If it's good, I'll get it.

Yoshi and Kirby look far too much like Woolly World and Return to Dreamland. I thought Woolly World was ''OK'', not great, not bad, just nothing special. And I prefer the more experimental Kirby games, like Epic Yarn or Paintbrush Clay Curse (or whatever its name was lol). Both games feel very safe to me.

Octane

Snadertjuh

I already mentioned this in the Direct Mini threath but for me, this mini direct was disappointing. Maybe I will pick up Hyrule Warriors and DKTF (never owned a Wii U) but those titles are not convincing me.

A few things I want to point out is the way of presenting this mini direct. They didn't announce the direct but just put it online out of nowhere. Before this, they posted a tweet from the Chibi-Robo thing without any textual explanation. Nintendo did this on purpose and they knew that this would create a hype. Why did Nintendo doing this? Creating a hype for a mini direct would lead to many disappointments (including me). Maybe they are giving a full direct soon because we miss a lot of information.

• We don't have any information about the online features.
  • No apps are availabe on the Switch which were on previous hardware generations of Nintendo. This isn't an extra but should be on the system already because of their existance on the Wii U and Wii. So it shouldn't be hard to implement them on the Switch I think. For me, I would love to have Youtube or Netflix on the Switch screen (going on a worldtrip and I prefer the Switch screen above my smaller phone).
  • There is no information about the MyNintendo points for the Switch. For many, some points will expire soon!
  • No information about the Pokemon game. Looking at the franchise and the market, some information should be shared with us. During the years we got trailers, gameplay, pictures, etc. from BOTW. Within a year (maybe a little longer), the Pokemon game will be released and the only thing we have heard is that they are working on it. Nothing more!
  • Nothing is known about Metroid 4, also a big game of Nintendo.
  • No Octopath Traveler, Yoshi and Bayonetta news (and a release date).
  • Fans are asking information about Super Smash Brothers. Nothing is known about that. The same goes for a sequel of Mario Maker.
  • Virtual Console, what about that? Not a single clue is given.
  • No information about the UI of the Switch. The E-shop on the 3DS is looking better than the Switch E-shop. When can we make customized folders? Different backgrounds? Music? No priority for me but these shouldn't be hard to implement.
  • Cloud saving? (Come on Nintendo, it is 2018!)

If this Mini Direct is the line up till Spring, then Nintendo will never sell 20 million Switches next year.

Edited on by Snadertjuh

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

Scrummer

I owned tropical freeze, but it was too hard, so my family and I returned it. Maybe I should give it another shot though? I mean, it should be easier with Funky Kong basically being an easy mode. Also, the fact that there doesn't seem to be much new about this port makes me think that, unlike Mario kart and pokken tournament, this port is just for people who didn't own a Wii U, unless they announce extra levels or something.

Edited on by Scrummer

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

JaxonH

@Snadertjuh
Watch and see. They'll do their 20 million.

First of all, the fiscal year doesn't even begin until March, and runs through March 2019. Secondly, this was a mini direct right after New Years. That's not their entire lineup.

They're already selling 15 million a year without doing anything. Just off Zelda and Mario alone. All these games are more important than you think. More niche games are what pulls in different groups of people. Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, Payday 2, Dragon Quest Builders, DKC Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Dark Souls, Mario Tennis Aces and Kirby Star Allies all within a 90 day window. That's insane, and a more packed lineup than anything we had last year from Nintendo, and last year was crazy.

Just because we got no info on Netflix doesn't suddenly mean they won't sell units. Obviously we didn't get info on games like Pokemon or Metroid Prime 4. Did you seriously expect to see those games in a January Direct laying out a few spring titles? Those will be shown at e3, in due time, when they're ready to be shown.

Yes we still need info on online, but revealing now won't magically make it come any sooner. They'll reveal info before it launches, and that's all that matters. When it's ready, they'll show it.

In the meantime, the Switch is still selling great and these are all high quality games. Wii U owners aren't the ones that will make Switch a 100 million seller. So unsurprisingly, they're leveraging some Wii U games to bring in everyone else.

And I'm all for it. Bring on the Wii U ports. Bring on the 7th gen ports. Pile em up. Got quite a few more on my list I want too.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@Dev Wow that is impressive to see. But I do think Microsoft are great at congratulating their competition with their systems. I have seen multiple times the heads in interviews talk about how they enjoy both Sony and Nintendo.

In fact, I think it was Phil Spencer whom I saw outright saying he has the Switch and Mario Odyssey waiting to be played for his next flight. He also tweeted out a picture of his NEX Mini when it launched. So I have big respect to them.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

Wait.

The Xbox One outsold the PS4? Wow.

Wooooow.

Thats nuts.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Pazzo-TheFool

I'm in favor of some Wii U ports. As much as people liked DKCTF, it sold under 2 mil. That's not bad, but we're talking about a game hailed as better than Mario.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

skywake

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Wait.

The Xbox One outsold the PS4? Wow.

Wooooow.

Thats nuts.

To be fair this was NPD, North American sales figures. The XBOne has been doing relatively similar numbers to the PS4 in the US. It's just getting demolished everywhere else and is basically non-existent in Japan. But in the US it's doing on average about the same as the PS4.

Though I think it's also fair to say that the Switch was probably #1 in all regions....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

@Snadertjuh
Watch and see. They'll do their 20 million.

Amen to that! Couldn't have worded it better...

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Yeah, they've changed a lot in a good way since Phil Spencer took over as head of Xbox. Lack of 1st party support feels like the only major problem with XB1 now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@YummyHappyPills They had the 1S on very, very, very low priced sales, $150-160 versus PS4 Slim for $199, so it's not surprising they moved more units. At that price even X1 haters that already have PS4s probably thought "well heck, I'll buy one for Forza and Cuphead now." It was practically a hardware Humble Bundle.

Meanwhile Switch was selling at double the price with no discounts and keeping pace

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic