Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,881 to 22,900 of 28,582

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills Well there is that odd teaser during the Game Awards. A lot think it maybe BloodBorne 2 but it is a bit odd no PlayStation name was attached to it, or that Sony teased it themselves. So perhaps what ever this is will be coming to the Switch, hence the need to see if Dark Souls 3 was doable on the Switch as it would likely make use of the same engine.

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

IceClimbers

@YummyHappyPills Obviously they're making Monster Hunter Diaries 2 (yes, they made the first one on 3DS).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

shadow-wolf

@OorWullie My friend theorized that Retro's big game could be potentially an online multiplayer game, since it's been held off for so long (potentially waiting until the unveiling of Switch Online Service). That's possible, though I can't help but think that Retro might have trouble considering they've created single player games in the past. But they seem like a talented studio so maybe they could pull it off. I would prefer a meaty single player experience though, but we'll see what happens.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

JaxonH

Gotta recommend The End Is Nigh. Fantastic game... McMillon's best work yet, imo. If you liked Super Meat Boy, you'll love this. And the fact we're also getting Super Meat Boy in a week or two, and Super Meat Boy Forever next spring, and already have Slime San... that's a lot of precision platforming for fans of the genre!

That's Jax's Weekly Recommendation. That and Romancing SaGa 2.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Bayonetta 2, DOOM, DQ Builders
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro: MH World, Shadow of the Colossus
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

IceClimbers

@JaxonH How good is the Romancing SaGa 2 port? I heard the Steam version is a shoddy port, so I was curious if the Switch port holds up

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OorWullie

I'm very interested in Enter the Gungeon. It received some brilliant reviews on PS4 and I've read a lot of positive user comments here and elsewhere. I have always been tempted by Binding of Isaac but just didn't fancy paying £35 /$40 for it. Enter the Gungeon is only $14.99. Think I'll get it over the weekend.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Spoony_Tech

FragRed wrote:

As with Resident Evil Revelations, I imagine that was a late decision on Capcom's part like with Doom for Bethesda, once they realised how successful the Switch was doing and how well third party games seemed to be doing. So they really couldn't say much. I mean, even when Doom was revealed they still had little to actually show of the game and Wolfenstein was shown in name only so that says a lot about the lateness in the decision to get them ported over.

Some of you logic doesn't hold up. How long do you think it takes to port a game like Doom to the Switch. Let's just say for example it took them 6 months. By the time it was announced Switch was into it's 7th month. That means Bethesda was on board with the Doom port way back in April. Same goes with Resident Evil. Sure small games may take 3 months to port but we are talking full retail games and those take time to get running and well enough at that.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I think people forget that several major Switch titles this year were announced like two months in advance. Including by Nintendo. Intentionally.

...Intentionally. As in, announcing them soon before release was the point.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

JaxonH

All I know is FromSoftware is a development partner, and the only thing that would have thrown a wrench in that is if Switch ended up tanking. But it didn't. It's been red hot all year long and still going strong. Which tells me FS is most definitely cooking something up. What is anyone's guess.

I still think Dark Souls is the likely answer. But if we're really lucky it'll be a Switch version of a new game. But for now, Ive settled it in my mind it's a Dark Souls port. If it's anything more (like a trilogy or new game), well then even better.

NOW PLAYING
New 3DS:
PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Oh btw. It's fine. I mean, there's the ever so slight delay when you're moving your characters, but it's a 20-year-old SNES JRPG. I imagine that's just how the game is. So ya, I haven't noticed anything bad about it

NOW PLAYING
New 3DS:
PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Luna_110

Yeah, there have been games announced almost on top of their release date.

Take Mario+Rabbids, for example. If LKD had not leaked it, it would have been revealed at E3 and released in August, just two months. Pokken was another.

I wouldn't be surprised that we get a long direct in January, that will cover 2018's first half.

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy

Now playing: Super Mario Odyssey.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Ralizah

I can't imagine From Software would risk developing a new game for the Switch instead of just porting an existing game to test the waters.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Grumblevolcano

@Luna_110 The most recent of which is Bayonetta 1+2, announced in December and released in February.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pazzo-ZaFool

I'd wager From Software was on that key list of partners regardless on whether they were planning anything yet. They probably got the kits and gave the thumbs up for Nintendo to say they're on board. The DS rumor could be from just a test, or even misinformation from when FS got the Switch.

In any case, I'll take one Dark Souls dinner with a side of pain, please. Serve it Switched.

For you will certainly carry out God's purpose, however you act, but it makes a difference to you whether you serve like Judas or like John.
~~youtu.be/ntG50eXbBtc~~

Swordsman83

I just bought a korean export set. the language settings can be changed to English right ?

Swordsman83

Azooooz

@Swordsman83 Switch, in default, has multiple languages to choose from, including English, regardless of where you buy it.

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

FragRed

@Octane That seems a bit cheap for a Switch game. Think €29.99 seems more apprpiate

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic