Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,481 to 19,500 of 70,008

Grumblevolcano

@MegaTen I think it'll be a "Switch" line of Switch games like how the Wii had games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Late

@Inertiacreep You can transfer screenshots by inserting your SD card from Switch to PC so I'd guess it would work the same way. And they may have some other solution built in the app. Something like Flipnote Hatena back when it was a thing.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

skywake

Inertiacreep wrote:

@SLIGEACH_EIRE well what is the point if you can't transfer files off the switch and no I'm not uploading this [removed] to Facebook.

They also had an app for the 3DS and DS. I mean it's a music creation tool and all of these devices had a headphone jack. So I think it's pretty clear how you're supposed to "transfer files" from it.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Pazzo-TheFool

Music creation software on the go might be nice. I bet the Joy-Con are more comfortable than a keyboard.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

gcunit

They're going to want a decent January game to keep the momentum up after Xenoblade bombs.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit
What makes you think it'll bomb? There's a dedicated fan base for the series. I'm hoping it does better than XCX. If it could hit a solid million again like the first game I think it would be a success.

There's a lot of people excited for Xenoblade 2, myself included. I wish more people would pay attention to it but, at least it's coming.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Xenoblade isn't anymore niche than the type of game Mario + Rabbids is.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Than the type of game Mario Rabbids is. But it's most definitely far more niche than Mario + Rabbids, by virtue of the fact Mario is the game.

Xenoblade is a JRPG which, for the last 2 entries, has hovered around the 1 million mark. XCX did slightly less on Wii U, but not by much when you consider the install base was only 13% as large. That's the key sign of a niche game- one that doesn't really sell much more despite having 100 million or 13 million potential customers, whereas Mario Rabbids will sell more as more people buy the system.

It deserves to at least match the ballpark of Fire Emblem (2 million, give or take). As does Metroid. We need more core fans who buy and play these core titles.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@IceClimbers Mario makes it not so niche.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

gcunit

@JaxonH I was being mostly tongue in cheek, though I think there's an element of potential in it too.

I can't speak with much authority on this, as I still haven't unsealed my copy of XCX, but that game had more hype going for it than XC2 does, primarily because of the wilderness the Wii U was in. Wii U owners looking for a reason to stay interested in the thing had slim pickings.

As much as I've seen people excited by XC2, I've seen people who have bought one or both of the XC games, (like me, though admittedly I only bought XC when it released cheap on the Wii U eshop) and have decided not to buy another one.

The shame of it is the game could be so much more appealing if they changed two aspects - get rid of levelling-up by picking on wild animals minding their own business, and make the combat full action based like Monster Hunter.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit

I don't know, I don't really think there's anything wrong with fighting the wildlife. It's pretty common in games. And I think the battle system is its greatest asset. This is a JRPG after all. It's just a different type of experience and a different type of battling. I don't doubt full action combat would be more popular- it always is and that's why you see more and more JRPG's turning to real-time combat like Final Fantasy... but the game already does have real-time combat, so it's not like it's turn-based or anything.

I thought Xenoblade X was the best JRPG I've ever played. Or at least one of the best. I never played more than a few hours of the first game. But the combat is definitely what made me love the game- it's something different and I love that because so many single player RPG games use the same approach.

Edited on by JaxonH

Inertiacreep

@Late well if you can do that, why can't you transfer saves that way?

Inertiacreep

kkslider5552000

gcunit wrote:

The shame of it is the game could be so much more appealing if they changed two aspects - get rid of levelling-up by picking on wild animals minding their own business, and make the combat full action based like Monster Hunter.

"the game would be more appealing if you fundamentally changed what people liked about these games"
bold strategy, Cotton

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Pazzo-TheFool

I like Xenoblade 2 up to the art, where it loses me. I can't even believe I'd avoid a great game over the aesthetics, but there it is.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

JaxonH

@Caldorosso-E

I implore you to look past whatever it is that is causing you to dislike a character design so much that you would miss out on one of the best JRPG's of this generation as a result.

I notice a lot of gamers will immediately write off any game that looks Japanese. But I overcame those prejudices and now I love Japanese games and I love Japanese style. And the reason I love it is because I played so many fantastic games in that style but now my mind equates that style to quality. Not only that but I just think it looks cool. Different. And it's not like Xenoblade 2 is all out anime. It's more of a hybrid style.

Karak (ACG reviews) makes a good point about fun games and looking past certain things that you might not like about a game, yet still enjoying it. He's also speaking to people who enjoy games that aren't perfect 10's, but the fun factor is there.

Edited on by JaxonH

Pazzo-TheFool

@JaxonH I really don't understand it myself. I enjoy Japanese art styles and all, but it's this style that gets me. IDK, I really liked Xenoblade's aesthetics, so such a departure may have shaken me. It's not that I think it's a bad game or anything, I just would rather play something else.

It's like a mental glitch or something.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

JaxonH

Not me.

If a game is this good, nothing will stand between me and it. It's like if they announced a new Metroid game using that crap art style Next Level Games came up with- I thought it was horrible, but I'd still get the game. Because it's Metroid, and Metroid's awesome.

Mario, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Zelda, Monster Hunter... they can do whatever art style, setting, theme, whatever... but at the end of the day I'll always buy every one of them because they're just that good. The rest is fine print

Pazzo-TheFool

It's like the people whohate the sound of styrofoam or ice. Not rational.

But I have no doubt it'll do well. It's launching early in the console's life, which means more potential adopters.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic